Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Default Hot-n-Healthy Challenge Chicks 3/12/07-3/18/07

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

Can I join in? My goals for March are to lose these extremely stubborn last 4 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much but I have been trying to lose them for years!! I am counting calories and exercising my butt off (literally, I hope!) I thought it would be good for me to be accountable to a group, so here I am!

When I reach my goal I want to get a super cute sundress to wear for Easter and look fabulous in it!

Thanks-azmom
Old 03-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #3  

Oh and by the way, do you live in San Diego?

azmom
Old 03-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmom View Post
Can I join in? My goals for March are to lose these extremely stubborn last 4 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much but I have been trying to lose them for years!! I am counting calories and exercising my butt off (literally, I hope!) I thought it would be good for me to be accountable to a group, so here I am!

When I reach my goal I want to get a super cute sundress to wear for Easter and look fabulous in it!

Thanks-azmom
Welcome! Of course you can join! We have a wonderful group of girls I wish I only had four pounds left to lose. I'm actually up- *koff* again and now I have 20. *sigh* lol Don't forget to drink your water!! What is your diet? I have family in Scottsdale somewhere in Paradise something or rather.. Yep.. I'm in San Diego. It was a WONDERFUL 96 today! I am SO looking forward to sunnier weather. Good to have you!!
Old 03-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

SD Gal aren't you proud of me? I found you on my own, and it wasn't that hard. lol

Welcome azmom glad to have you join our group. I live in Canada, where it was warm out today, around freezing and we still have tons of snow to get rid of. It will be below freezing tonight. I am very jealous of your warm weather.

I read till 5am this morning, so slept till 1:30pm that is bad. I was eating breakfast at 3:30pm, totally off schedule, I am no where near your weight loss, you have left, I have 95 lbs to go to my ultimate weight, still sticking at 230 lbs. Just not being strict enough with myself, try to follow ww as that is what did it last time, before all the injuries and the exercise became restricted. I really have to get my butt in gear with my daughters wedding coming up the first week of Dec. down South. HELP

Water down today, food was actually okay, but no exercise. My cast weighs a ton just at rest cannot imagine exercising with it. But have to do something, any ideas?

Enjoy your day tomorrow everyone. Where are the rest of our girls, Jasmine has been MIA for a while now.
Sharon S.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #6  

I am from San Diego but have lived in Scottsdale for almost 5 years. what part of SD are you from? I have lived all over....Oceanside, La Jolla, San Marcos and most recently, Valley Center. Both mine and my husbands family all live in various parts of San Diego. I love it there but also like in here in Scottsdale. Thaks for the warm welcome and I look forward to us reaching our goals together!

azmom
Old 03-13-2007, 12:53 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk4 View Post
SD Gal aren't you proud of me? I found you on my own, and it wasn't that hard. lol

I read till 5am this morning, so slept till 1:30pm that is bad. I was eating breakfast at 3:30pm, totally off schedule, I am no where near your weight loss, you have left, I have 95 lbs to go to my ultimate weight, still sticking at 230 lbs. Just not being strict enough with myself, try to follow ww as that is what did it last time, before all the injuries and the exercise became restricted. I really have to get my butt in gear with my daughters wedding coming up the first week of Dec. down South. HELP

Water down today, food was actually okay, but no exercise. My cast weighs a ton just at rest cannot imagine exercising with it. But have to do something, any ideas?

Enjoy your day tomorrow everyone. Where are the rest of our girls, Jasmine has been MIA for a while now.
Sharon S.

I'm SO PROUD of you Sharon! lol YAY!! Welcome back. lol

Time for bed for me, I did 100oz. of water today and a huge cobb salad for dinner. I had three Atkins shakes as well while at work.. and... *gulp* sunflower seeds. OH SHAME! lol

I promise to be better tomorrow!!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:58 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmom View Post
I am from San Diego but have lived in Scottsdale for almost 5 years. what part of SD are you from? I have lived all over....Oceanside, La Jolla, San Marcos and most recently, Valley Center. Both mine and my husbands family all live in various parts of San Diego. I love it there but also like in here in Scottsdale. Thaks for the warm welcome and I look forward to us reaching our goals together!

azmom
My daughter is going to ASU right now, she graduates next year. We visited her there in Scottsdale just a couple months ago! I'm in the east county, actually. Santee. I love where we are, just far enough out but I do love the city. I have family there in Tempe, Mesa and Paradise what- Valley, or something like that... I don't know exactly, my uncle used to play major league ball and was doing radio for the the Diamondbacks.

BTW.. your mall there in Scottsdale ROCKS.. good Lord its fantastic.

Welcome to the group, this is a fabulous bunch of ladies and very very supportive!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #9  

Talking

Hello all I am new to the site and I am looking for motivation and guidance. My I join the group. I am currently at 220 lbs my ultimate goal is 145 but my graduation is at the end of may so I want to lose 20 lbs by then...
I am dedicated to the weightloss fight I am just in need of motivation and guidance.
Tye
Old 03-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #10  
Goodbye Fat!

Well looks like this week is off to a great start after having the flu all last week, and did I mention I found out I was pregnant! What a surprise! I did exercise the past two days and plan to keep it up! Welcome to all the new ones!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #11  

Mystic! Glad you can join our wonderful group!! 3FC has a plethora of great information!!

Hi Dollypie!! Nice to see you Sorry to hear you had the flu. But great to hear you are well now and working out again. (Now if I could just do it. ) rofl

I am up this week after eating badly all weekend. CRAP! LOL I am back on the wagon however.. and drinking my water. I have a formal event in April and MUST get into a gown I have sitting in the closet. MUST MUST MUST. lol I have to get out and walk again, and now that its beautiful outside again (in the 80s) I should get my butt in gear quite literally.

BBL goils!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello all, wecome MysticSoul your goals are similar to mine. Hi dollypie sorry you were sick, doing good being back on track after the flu, already.
SD Gal I am sure moving all that furniture back and getting the walking in and since your back on track I am sure you will be back down by tomorrow.
Good day for food for me, still a little short on the water. Exercise still a problem, any feedback? SD Gal When you put your mind to something you
will do it, get that dress out so it is visible every morning, I bet that will help with your motivation, put sticky notes on the fridge, in the bathroom and on your wallet in your purse, maybe that will help. MysticSoul some of these ideas might help you as well. Of course you have to write on the notes! lol Maybe it could be, I will not cheat today, I will not spend money on treats, you could even take the money you didn't spend and put it in a jar and save it for something you really want. Keep exercising and try using the measuring tape instead of the scale.
I know your saying easy for her to say, when she is wearing the cast and has a hard time staying away from the scale.
Have a good one tomorrow.
Sharon S.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk4 View Post
Hello all, wecome MysticSoul your goals are similar to mine. Hi dollypie sorry you were sick, doing good being back on track after the flu, already.
SD Gal I am sure moving all that furniture back and getting the walking in and since your back on track I am sure you will be back down by tomorrow.
Good day for food for me, still a little short on the water. Exercise still a problem, any feedback? SD Gal When you put your mind to something you
will do it, get that dress out so it is visible every morning, I bet that will help with your motivation, put sticky notes on the fridge, in the bathroom and on your wallet in your purse, maybe that will help. MysticSoul some of these ideas might help you as well. Of course you have to write on the notes! lol Maybe it could be, I will not cheat today, I will not spend money on treats, you could even take the money you didn't spend and put it in a jar and save it for something you really want. Keep exercising and try using the measuring tape instead of the scale.
I know your saying easy for her to say, when she is wearing the cast and has a hard time staying away from the scale.
Have a good one tomorrow.
Sharon S.
You know Sharon, getting the dress out and the notes might actually help.. I'll have to try that. I don't spend money on treats. I ACTUALLY gave away ALL my chocolate at work.. GASP!

I did my water yesterday and I was EXHAUSTED from this stinkin time change. It really has affected me. I'm sick to death of it already. I have been nauseous these past two days (not even a possibility of pregnancy. lol) so I don't really know what's wrong. I've moved all the furniture back.. I love the carpet.. walking into the house it still has that new carpet smell..

BBL Goils!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #14  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi Ladies......I'm back to chat...I've been having a terrible time with my weight (don't even look at my ticker, i'm lying right now, will change it shortly)! grrrr. but I've dropped 3.8 lbs. since March 1st. I had a nasty little virus last week that re-appeared over sunday/monday, but I'm feeling much better and hitting day #2 with my AM exercise routine.....just me and Billy at 6AM (he never comments on how bad my hair looks--smart man).

Dolly! congrats to you! first child? Welcome back Sharon, I hope you are recovering quickly too. surgery went well?

Hi to all the newbies and Mimi has been great to keep the thread going....(i kept thinking that SD stood for South Dakota....just call me blonde today).

BBL.....Hi to anyone else I missed, it's too busy today at work, I wish the students would all go away.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #15  
prepare for the BEST time

geeze sumi, you posted on last weeks thread and I got ALL confused.......I am having a huge crappola day, i can't wait to git!
Closed Thread