Thread: runners
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #94
FaeReverie
Proud US Navy Wife

First and most importantly..

Rai - I was browsing in this thread and you said your birthday is April 10? Me too!

I think Im going to have to join you girls... I started C25k today. As in this morning.. as in I just got back. Silly me (or maybe not so silly?) I went out yesterday and bought running shoes without even knowing if I would like it. (which was an entire adventure within itself...) And you know what? I loved it! The weather was so beautiful today, which makes me happy because I really wanted to run outside. And the intervals were challenging without being overly strenuous, and at the end I was breathing a bit heavily and I had worked up a sweat.

It kind of makes me feel happy... partially because at the beginning of my weight loss I was WAY too afraid to run in public, where I was all huge and bouncy. And maybe it's because Im not as big. Or maybe it's because of the fact that, along with shoes, I bought two pairs of sports bras that I desperately needed. Or maybe it's because I was too busy enjoying myself to care what other people thought. Either way, it didn't bother me.

Weather is supposed to be warm the rest of the week, which is a good sign for me. Although it will make it interesting, considering my workout pants are the kind with the like vinyl outside and cloth inside.. you know what I mean? Makes my legs a bit warm.. but Im not confidant enough to buy shorts, so any pants would do that. And if I get to warm then heck, I can just roll them up, right? Ahh! I'll shut up now!

Junebug - Haha! That's a good way to boost self-esteem, right? . That's amazing in multiple ways *G*

FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote