Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'1 3/4"

Default Hip Hop Abs - 3 inches in 6 days. Hype?

I'd like to find anyone who had 3 inches come off n 6 days of use for Hip Hop Abs. Does it really work???
Old 03-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #2  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

I haven't used it but watching them kick and jump makes me wonder if my body could even move like that.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

For one, you can't determine where you will lose fat. That isn't to say that hip hop abs isn't an effective workout but those claims are truly outrageous.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #4  

The only reason I've even watched and considered the possibility is because they're essentially doing standing crunches but won't say that since they claim to not be doing any traditional crunches. And if you watch, they're doing TONS of them. I used to do over 100 crunches per day between two classes and definitely saw a difference at that time, but I had an odd injury during one of my deliveries and broke my tail bone...sitting any way on the floor hurts and doing a sit up or crunch? Forget it.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

I don't know about all the hype, but it sure looks like fun to me! I watched the infomercial TWICE on two different occasions and decided that I really wanted to have fun learning how to hip hop! Looks like a great set of moves to get my body moving!

I've been doing Turbo Jam for the last six months. I've lost at least 20 inches overall between Turbo Jam, yoga, step aerobics, walking, Pilates, and Core Secrets. Since my body is smaller now, I find that I am more coordinated and can move easier. I'm ready to learn something new AND dance my little 55-year-old heart out! Woo Hoo!

Oh, I ordered HipHopAbs last night! I'll let ya know how it goes!

Cheryl
Old 03-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

I've been doing Turbo Jam also, besides tightning up things that were flabby, I can see the definition in my abs. I can't just lay on the floor and do abs, I tend to pull on my neck too much. I enjoy the workout each time I do it. I'm 48 and don't do the jumping around thing, so I knew that the Hip Hop Abs wouldn't be for me.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #7  
omavon2

S/C/G: 135/133/120

Height: 5'1

You go..................Cheryl.................
Old 03-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #8  

I did Hip Hop Abs once, but was in a lot of pain the next day so I decided to skip a day. I started my period the day after the skip day...and had horrible cramps (which is normal for me) on the first day. So I planned to start up again the day after...I ended up having cramps every day of my period which is unusual (I'm not linking them). So I waited until it ended...and now I'm SICK! Ugh! I've got a cold and it's hard to breathe. (I have bronchial asthma). However, I have dropped 4 more lbs since I joined and that was only in February. :-) I'll be starting up HHA as soon as I shake this blasted cold.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'6"

I just started it this is my second day- and I didn't measure so I won't be able to tell you about the inch thing but I can say I really like it and you do feel it in your abs as well as get your heart rate up.... Also for you non-jumpers there is a modified lady that does the exercises w/o the jumping so you can follow her.

tomorrow is the butt and legs I'll let you know how it goes.
Closed Thread