Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 11:31 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Christian Encouragers #134

Welcome to the Christian Encouragers Thread. If you want support and prayers for your healthy eating or struggles that you're having in your life then you've come to the right place! We're here for each other.

Be sure to go back to CE'ers thread # 133 to catch up on the successes, blessings and trails of our lives. Also a special welcome to Monica, who just joined us.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:33 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I started a new thread, the other was getting so long!
I left a post for Peachymom (Monica) who was the last to post on thread #133.
I have to go to work tomorrow, and am not sure how much I will get to check in.
Have a great nite (I had better get some sleep!)
Ginny
Old 02-12-2002, 09:18 AM   #3  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Good Tuesday to Everyone!!!

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!

How is everyone this wonderful day? I am off again today since I have to work this next weekend. For you that don't know I am a nurse that does full time home health and I absolutely love it!!!
I love the freedom it gives me to work yet have time off in the middle of the day to run errands, take the kids or self to the DR, etc... I love being outdoors even in the winter.

I had a very frustrating day yesterday. I started out doing my visits (home health) and had to take my pickup in for some work on it, so I did appt at 11 and didn't get it back until after 3:30! And it was supposed to take about an hour. And then come to find out, when I got home my DH looked at it and they didn't even do everything they were supposed to. And I didn't get all my visits done either. Ugh!!! And now my oldest DD has a horrible cough and I will have to take her to the DR today. Tomorrow I have to go back to the DR too. Wish I could do both in the same day. Oh well.........

Sami~ You bet we're praying for your FIL. What have they told your family about him? Sounds like something has definitely happened with him. Please keep updated when you can. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Wilma~ My DH used to be able to eat anything he wanted too but the last 7-8 years his body has changed and now he has to be accountable like me. Which for me is a good thing, since he now understands what I have been going through nearly all my life. I could just smell a doughnut and gain. Ya know??

ZOE~ Where are you my friend? Are you already on vacation? In FL? I wanted to go too.

Monica~ Wow! So sorry to hear about your DH. You are definitely a strong person and you can lose this weight and reach goal too. If you don't mind me asking were you all in the car at the time of the accident? I too lost a husband from a car accident but it was back in 1983. For months, I thought I could not go on and then I turned back to God and quit blaming him and he lifted me up and I stepped out of that cloud and changed my life and moved on. My heart aches for what you have been through and those precious, sweet children. Thank goodness you are a Christian and have God to lean on. If you ever need to talk or a friend, we are always here for you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Ginny~ Thanks for starting the new thread. Good luck with work today. Have a good one.

Patricia~ I have missed hearing from you. How is Joshua doing? Oh, I could just hug him and rub that soft sweet head! LOL

Well, I better go and try to get something done today. Have a good day ladies!!!!
Old 02-12-2002, 09:20 AM   #4  
Growing in Christ

Good Tuesday morning ladies....

Well, we registered for WW last night, so today is my first day at it....

I'll give you my "new" starting info.... and we'll get to watch it go down together!!

Patricia
173/173/105ish
Old 02-12-2002, 11:25 AM   #5  
Growing in Christ

Default Just moving to the top!

I think some are confused as to which thread to post... so just moving this most recent one to the top again!!
Old 02-12-2002, 11:59 AM   #6  

Blessing today,
I am not feeling well today I woke up in the middle of the night sick so I can't go to the hosiptal today(to see my FIL). I am trying to get the doctors to tell up something but it is so hard to get anyone to tell you anything the nurses all thought he was this way when he came in and were shocked when I told them how drastic of a change he has made. They did an MRI on his feet and he has infection to the bone! So they are saying the infection my be the cause of the change. Please keep praying for him.

Pravda-YEAH 10 lbs!!!!!! You are doing Great! Keep it going. So glad you had a safe trip.

Zoe-I am praying that the other person in your office doesn't get sick (I remember when you were going to a wedding) Praying for a safe trip.

Monic-Welcome! I will have to go back and find your post did you use to post here before? Will keep you in my prayers and remember we are here for you!!! I have found that just leting it out is such a blessing and the friends here are truly sent for God!

Sherry-I have days like that all the time. and thanks for the prayers for my FIL the doctors not not telling us much. They have hinted to the fact they don't think he will be here much longer. If he does make it he will be in the hospital fo 12 weeks.

Patrica-You have made a great start! I know you will make it!

Ginny-How are things at work? I have had a war at my house between my two DD's. Pray that I don't lose my mind!

My the lord bless you and keep you!
Sami
Old 02-12-2002, 01:51 PM   #7  

Good day to one and all! I know some of you have finished with your mornings but I am at 10:30 a.m. and it is a beautiful day, sunny and cool, the snow topped mountains were so gorgeous on the way to work this morning... even if my lady is cranky and miserable ( 78yrs. with Dementia).

I am still really concerned (polite for worried sick)about my youngest son and wife, they are both so sick with the flu and cold I took them a "care pkg" yesterday... this is on top of his having a very infected tooth that needs a root canal, which trigger his sevier migraines... (but he's a matcho man and won't take medication for them) ... and some personal hurts and problems that put a big strain on their relationship.

They both work so hard at their jobs getting up at 3 a.m. as it takes a hour plus to drive to her work for 5 a.m. start and he then goes into his job that starts at 7 a.m., by the time they all done and back home it is 5-6 p.m ( some time he works over time and they don't get back until 10-11p.m.) This has been going on since mid Oct and she just found out that April 1st she is layed off.
He says' all things happen for a reason.

For those who remember praying for my son Erik who almost lost his leg in work accident in June 2000 and Christina who had a truck accident 10 days later... they packed up most of their stuff Nov/00 and moved back home from the other side of Canada... to live with us for 7 months before they moved into their own place, Gods peace reigned in our house, believe it or not... now they are facing all the problem listed above... all we can do is support and love them and trust God with them!

God has answered many ,many prayers for all our family...we all know he is our strength and support that never fails us, and he loves us unconditionally... but when you see your kids going through so much and they are good kids... you ask your self Why? God? do your children suffer so much???? when the rough and tuff and illegal goings on by others seem to have things going so smoothly???

Sorry for the long problems that sit so heavy on my heart. I feel so helpless, just keep praying and believing.

The good and wonderful thing that has happened in our lives is that we are First time Grandparents... our oldest son and wife had a beautiful baby girl in June/01 - she was a big bundle of 10 pounds, 22 inches and lots of dark hair... she is so alert and bright, sitting, starting to crawl and all the things babies do... what a blessing in our lives.

My DH and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in Dec... WOW...

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by Teaki; 02-12-2002 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-12-2002, 02:53 PM   #8  

Default Hi Everyone!

Nice to read of all your lives! God Bless each of you and a speedy recovery from sickness/and trials of everyday life.
God is our only "strength". I find it wonderful to know that with each trial, comes a closer relationship with our Lord. I feel so sorry for those who draw far away from God during difficult times. God will help, if only we ask!

Its another windy day in Southern Ontario, must be garbage day
We've have such high winds and much tree damage in our area, only saving is there is no snow happening at the same time. Its another pick up sticks weekend. For those Canadian's burning wood, tis a dream.

How's little Joshua? Hugs from me to he!

DH is on vacation this month, DS is celebrating his 16th. Birthday this coming Saturday. Where do those years go? Our little man isn't little any longer. Nearly 6' tall and wearing size 13 shoes already, a carbon copy of his dad. Am I the proud mom, yep.
The Grandkids are both well and will bless us with a visit on Thursday, Valentine's Day. Don't we women just love Valentine's Day and having our loves close by?
To you and yours Joanne sends Valentine's Love.

God Bless,
Sister Joanne
Old 02-12-2002, 03:42 PM   #9  

Good afternoon everyone

I pray that you have been blessed with a wonderful day.

Yes Sherry we were all in the crash. My father was also killed. My family had only been on the vacation for 2 days. Needless to say it was the worst thing that we have ever been through...But God is faithful and He has been with us. But sometimes this "widow" thing is like a rollercoaster ride.

Sami...yes I did post here for a while...I guess I got a bit busy and wasn't dieting...but I am really trying to get back on track.

Hey did you guys try the Mushroom Soup that was on here a few days ago? It is yummy...and the points are low.

I am not attending any Weight Watchers class...I have all of the books...I am just trying it on my own...I usually weigh-in at school on Mondays.

Thanks for caring....keep me in your prayers. Yesterday would have been our 18th. wedding anniversary...Also pray that I will "wait" on God's will in my life...Yikes! Who like to wait?

Monica

Old 02-12-2002, 05:51 PM   #10  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Great to see so many posting!!!

How great to hear from SO many today!!!! Welcome back!!!!!

Monica~ Wow, my heart just breaks for what you have been through. Your kiddos are lucky to have such a strong, strong, directed mom. I'm sure being mom and dad over the last few years has been very challenging. I know probably someday you would like to meet someone and get married again but don't rush too fast. I was the same way cause I missed my Rusty so much, but I dated a lot of toads until one day I had had it with men totally and decided I didn't need a man to be happy................about 2 weeks later I met Richard (my DH now). He had been almost down the same road and decided he didn't want women either. But it's funny now. One month and 3 days later we eloped and I've never been happier. And that was 16 years ago this Sunday. God blessed us BIG time!

Joanne~ So good to hear from you! I was MIA since last fall until recently. But I'm back and making major changes in my life. (wt, exercise, and diet wise). Those kiddos do grow up fast! My oldest will be 15 soon and it just seems like yesterday that she was a baby.

Teaki~ 30 years, wow! You don't see much of that anymore. A good mother always worries about her kiddos. What a schedule for your DH and DW! It tires me out just thinking about it. Aren't you the lucky one with the granddaughter. Oh, I just love babies!

Sami~ So sorry you are feeling bad now! Infection to the bone, that is bad. I know as a nurse that a bad infection can change the level of conscience of a person and effect their whole body. Hang in there, we're still praying! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Patricia~ How is Joshua? Good luck with your first week of WW. I'm sure you will do great! Just remember to WRITE WHAT YOU BITE!

Patti~Wilma~Ginny~Anyone else~ Hope you are all having a good day!!!
Old 02-12-2002, 08:33 PM   #11  
Growing in Christ

Okay... can't stay to write right now... but someone who brought us a meal included a tub of Girl Scouts Thin Mints! I don't have the box to try to figure out the points.... knowing what they "cost" would help me avoid them!!!

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Patricia
Old 02-12-2002, 09:56 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
Just a quick hello~ and I will post more tomorrow.
Those of you facing trials, has anyone ever read Elisabeth Elliot's "Keep a Quiet Heart"?. She is such a treasure- and the easy to read/short chaptered book is full of wisdom from the Lord and her insights.
Remembering your concerns in prayer,
Ginny
Old 02-12-2002, 10:09 PM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello my friends

Wow, so much to do to get ready for vacation! I have 10 days worth of work to be crammed into 4 days. I only work 4 days this week and will be off Friday and all next week.

Pravda ~ an 8:30 service? Wow, I love the early ones. I can't find many that have early services. Pantango Bible Church is at 9am and that's good. My old church, Cathedral of Praise on I-30 was 9am too. I'll have to come visit when I get back from vacation. Thanks for your travel prayers.

Patricia ~ I believe that the mint Girl Scout cookies are 1 pt each. That's really not too bad.......be strong, don't do like I do and eat the entire box.

Sherry ~ I'm here, I'm here. Didn't leave yet. We will be leaving Friday morning. I am SO looking forward to this trip.

Monica ~ Big prayers of mine are with you. You seem to have been so brave and courageous and that is so good for your kids. I can only hope that I should be as strong if ever I were to go through anything even remotely the same.

Sami ~ I really had to laugh at your comment about that other person in my office not getting sick. You remembered!! I'm with you cuz who knows what will happen over the next 2 days. When I mention vacation, he jokes around and says "vacation? What vacation?" while holding his back....not funny. , ok, a little funny.

Teaki ~ my prayers are with you and your family. I know first hand how all of a sudden, you feel like you have so many 'little things' worrying you. God bless you all.

Hi Ginny, Wilma, Joanne ~ hope I didn't miss anyone. I'll be back again before we leave Friday morning.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:09 AM   #14  
Growing in Christ

Zoe- thanks for the thin mint info.... I did finally find a site that gave the "nutritional info" for the cookies, and you are correct!

I did okay w/my points yesterday.... actually came in quite a bit below my allowed points, so I had a couple more thin mints!

I'm sure it'll take me a little bit to figure out the points for all my "regular" foods.... but so far, not having too many troubles. Dh stayed w/in his range too.

Ladies, if I may ask.... I've had a sinus headache for a few days now... I"d appreciate your prayers about it!

Have a wonderful Wednesday... I'll check in later to see how everyone is doing!

Patricia
Old 02-13-2002, 11:20 AM   #15  

Blessing today,
I just wanted to stop in and say hello! I have really been bad on my diet I am a stress eater and I am under a lot of stress!!!! I did WI and I am the same so I am thankful for that. I need to take my mind off my problems ond focus on my eating!

Patricia-I am praying for your headache! I have had one for two days and last night I took Imtrex I will never do that and work again! Good job on your staying on plan!

Zoe-How is your coworker feeling? LOL

Ginny-If I ever get time to read I will look for her book Thanks!

Sherry-Thank you for your prayers. The doctors have said (IF) since he isn't strong enough to opreate he will be in the hosiptal for at least 12 weeks! He seems to grow weaker everyday yesterday all he did was sleep.

Teaki-I am so glad to see you back. I remember when you son had all that going on and have thought about you and your family often. I know God wont give us more than we can handle but at the time it sure feels like he is giving us too much! Will keep you in my prayers.

Peachymom-I do remember you. didn't you have a bad asma attack? I think you are a great example to us. You have been through so much and you are still giving praise to God. I am so glad you are back.

Gutchie-BRRRRR here I am complaining over a little cold weather. I am glad your DH and Son will be home. What a blessing to have time with your family.

I also remember some others who posted here when I started that I think of often Debbiedeb and Jill. I still think of you often and if you are reading please come back.

The Lord bless you and Keep you,
Sami
Closed Thread