Old 03-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Default Wow!!! - Breakfast!!

Oh my gosh, you guys!!! After reading all of the comments about protein being more filling than carbs, and Angi (I think) commenting on how much further breakfast goes when it's higher in protein I decided to give that a shot. I scrambled 1 egg, 2 whites, a bit of ham, and a bit of fresh mozarella cheese and ate them in a whole grain tortilla. I ate at 8:30 this morning and I am STILL NOT HUNGRY. I cannot believe it. My calorie count for that breakfast was 367 (which is about 100-120 more than I generally eat) so that could be a factor but still!!! I'm convinced, now, that a little protein with every meal will go a LONG way to curbing hunger and possibly cravings. Thanks you all for your insight!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I'm one of those that worry that if I eat too many calories for breakfast it will ruin my day. What I have found out is the opposite is true. Good for you for finding a healthy, filling breakfast.

I have finally found a cereal that fills me up like your breakfast did for you. Kashi Go Lean crunch. 9 grams of protein.

Last edited by Charbar; 03-09-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #3  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I believe that having protein with every meal is the main reason why I'm never hungry.

I love Kashi Go Lean! Another cereal I like is Special K Protein Plus (blue box). I usually eat 2 servings (1.5 cups total) with 8 oz of skim milk - 286 calories and 28 grams of protein. Very filling.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #4  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I had the higher protien breakfast this morning too. Matt got up with the kids, Hayden has some nastiness coming from his nose and butt<allergies make him snotty, and it kinda escapes however it can>. So, he decided to let the kids stay home today and let me sleep in. I slept in untill 11 am. HOLY CRAP I feel fantastic, but calorie wise today, I'll be on the low end, since I had a late breakfast, skipped my snack, since 1 pm is lunch time for kids, we did the picnic in the yard, it's 70 degrees<thank you heavens for nice weather!!!>, we've played baseball and golf, albeit kid sized and I am STILL full. I think from now on, my breakfast will be chock FULL of protien!!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #5  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

I've become a fan of breakfast in general. I don't even know how many grams of protein there are in Fiber One cereal - if any - but it is really, really filling. I've been eating it every morning. A double serving for me, too - or one whole cup with skim milk and a few tablespoonsful of frozen blueberries or raisins - and that's 28 grams of fiber! I think the fiber staves off the hunger, too. Also have been drinking GALLONS of water (and I HATE water!!!). Talk about a lifestyle change! Anyway, I'm doing weekly weigh-ins on Sundays, so we'll see how I'm doing then. What a great website this is, isn't it? (Rave,rave, rave).
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I've never tried Fiber One cereal but I've seen that a lot of people on here eat it. I'm nervous about the taste! Is it good? I mean, when I eat a calorie I want it to taste good! hahaha I don't get that many! When I eat cereal it's generally the Kashi Go Lean Crunch. I think it tastes really good.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I really like Fiber One, but I still eat it with a protein. While it's true that it contains a lot of fiber, it still left me hungry a shorter time after I ate it alone rather than eating it with a protein. Not as short as say, Cheerios, but it still didn't last as long as I would have liked. Fiber One muffins, however, are really tasty and last me through a 5K run--could be the addition of the egg white.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I LOVE Fiber One cereal as many of you here know. My breakfast has been the same for a couple of months now. I have 1/2 cup of Fiber One cereal with1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal (protein filled) and 1/2 cup of skim milk (more protein). So I'm getting fiber AND protein. Keeps me satisfied. And yes, I do like the taste. As first I thought it looked like twigs and thought that's how it would taste. But I really do like it. Back in the day it was Apple JAcks or Frosted Flakes. I couldn't imagine eating that now. My tastes have definitely changed.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:29 PM   #9  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Oatmeal all the way!
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Whole grain toast and natural peanut butter, I love it and have eaten it nearly every day (some days I go crazy and have Kashi frozen waffles instead) for over a year. I realized I was probably applying the peanut butter too liberally, so I've cut back to peanut butter on ONE piece of bread and some sort of low sugar jelly/jam on the other. I love it, look forward to breakfast every day!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyRevealed View Post
I believe that having protein with every meal is the main reason why I'm never hungry.

I love Kashi Go Lean! Another cereal I like is Special K Protein Plus (blue box). I usually eat 2 servings (1.5 cups total) with 8 oz of skim milk - 286 calories and 28 grams of protein. Very filling.
I had never heard of that before. I'm going to have to look for it. I've always loved Special K but it NEVER kept me full.. kind of like cherrios.

Thanks! I swear I learn something everyday here.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #12  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I'm another who is 100% sold on Fiber one. Not only is it a great breakfast, but I also toss 1/2 cup into a container of yogurt. Best 160-170 calories a girl could ask for. I also find it's really naturally sweet, after not having alot of sweet foods, in the last few months, I was really suprised by it.

Another favorite is Steel Cut Oats, those things are YUMMMY. But, its high carbs, which for me, means I absolutely HAVE to pair it with a high protien something or I end up starving within 2 hours, I'm still trying to figure what to pair it with though. Somehow, I don't think it'll be that great with an egg in it.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #13  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angihas2 View Post
Another favorite is Steel Cut Oats, those things are YUMMMY. But, its high carbs, which for me, means I absolutely HAVE to pair it with a high protien something or I end up starving within 2 hours, I'm still trying to figure what to pair it with though. Somehow, I don't think it'll be that great with an egg in it.
Just cruising by (I learn a lot from you all).

You may think I'm mad (translation: crazy) but I have oat groats (translation: steel cut oats but not cut) with some cottage cheese, a bit of wheatgerm, some berries and skimmed milk. Delicious. And two cups of coffee. I look forward to breakfast every day!

Protein makes all the difference for me.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #14  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

Fiber One kinda taste like graham crackers imo. I like it mixed with Sugar Free Jello in Carmel or Vanilla flavor. A great filling snack under 100 calories.
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/270s/120

Height: 5'1"

I love Fiber One, too! But I don't have it for breakfast. I have it for dinner. 1/2 cup Fiber One and 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt. The fiber and protein keeps me full and satiated and I find that I have no night-time cravings. Plus, it takes the guesswork out of what to have for dinner
Dawn2Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote