South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #1  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

Height: 5'8"

Default I caved for KFC

So, it was all going great. I introduced myself to phase 2 a little too quick, so I decided to go back to phase 1 for a couple of days and then start phase 2 slower. Problem?? I just went to KFC and had a huge combo for lunch, and then had three chocolates. Why am I sooooo weak. Not only do I feel extremely disappointed in myself, but my tummy hurts. Anyone else had a breakdown in the fast food department? I guess back to phase 1 I go...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Don't beat yourself up about it. We've all been there before. Just start Phase 1 again until the cravings stop....2-4 days I'm guessing. You don't have to do 2 weeks again.
I find that if I fail to plan (bring legal snacks) then I cheat. Try to keep some legel foods around so you won't be tempted. You'll get there!!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #3  
Working for the Cruise!

Hang in there girl! It happens and you know deep down that you don't really want that stuff. It's just a matter of bringing that inner voice out, and telling your tummy to shut the **** up!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

I have certainly cheated, or been caught somewhere hungry and I was left with "bad" options. The key is not to beat yourself up or to to decide one cheat means you should keep cheating. Just get back on plan for dinner, the weekend, next week, etc. It was only one meal and you can make healthier choices starting now.

I also do not always go back to Phase 1, I may cut out a few of the fruits and grains, but I will eat some if I had planned for them. I will just be sure to make on plan choise for Phase 1 or 2.

Ally
Old 03-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We all cave in to weakness once in a while, it's a part of life. Just give yourself a good shake, take a couple of deep breaths, and climb right back on the wagon again. Each person is different, but I don't think it's neccessary to do a full Phase 1 again. Try maybe 2 or 3 days, and then see how you feel. If you still have cravings, then I'd stay on Phase 1 at least a week.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #6  

I LOVE KFC. I have absolutely no resistance to it. That means I do not set foot in the door. There are some places where I can go on the rare occasions that I must eat fast food that I can eat on plan without feeling deprived. One is Wendy's. I'll get the chili and a side salad or get something with grilled chicken.

When I am craving KFC, I make oven fried chicken at home and that satisfies my craving. It is really easy and gives me that flavor that I want. I like to use whole wheat panko breadcrumbs for a little crispiness.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, we all cave sometimes. We ARE human! Forgive yourself. I have a "fried" chicken recipe I'm trying next week and will report. I want it crunchy like KFC!
Closed Thread