Old 03-09-2007, 04:20 AM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default What have you done...

What have you done to help ensure that you WONT re-gain??

I just threw out any clothes over a size 16 and any even slightly loose fitting 14s. I also tossed my XL tops and any L tops that didnt fit really nicely.

Now, if i start to pudge up, i simply cant just "put on the loose jeans" and turn it into a habit of "loose jeans"... i'll have to force myself to re-fit into my clothes~!

I JUST got into a size 12 and i refuse to buy larger clothes ever again!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:56 AM   #2  

Height: 5.6

I am using the same method - all of my winter clothes are going to charity because I WILL NOT wear them again next year - and my husband is all for it - so as I "kill" a size - out go the clothes..........

Way to go on the size 12's - that is AWESOME!!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I'm not buying winter clothes that are on huge sales right now. I won't need the same size next winter!!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #4  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I haven't gotten to that point yet but I like the idea. I think it is too easy to fall back into when you carry every size of clothing under the sun. You don't have to think as much about the gain. I like that though, "I won't be wearing the same size next winter." As soon as my clothes get baggy and unflattering I will throw into a box to donate to the goodwill or salvation army or something.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Oooooooo! GREAT Thread!

As soon as a piece of my clothing is too big...in it goes to my Salvation Army bag! I have a garbage bag that I keep in our bedroom as a reminder to keep trying on clothes and "donating" them to the bag when they are too big. That way I am NOT tempted to keep them! (I think now that before, I was liking my newer, smaller-sized clothing so much that I was less motivated to KEEP losing my weight!) I was "thinner", but I wasn't "thin!"

I visit Fitday RELIGIOUSLY every day and often THROUGHOUT the day! I bought the PC version that downloads onto my computer's hard drive so that when I go to my mom's or anywhere else that doesn't have Internet access, I still can have Fitday right there with me on my laptop.

I keep my progress pictures in a special small photo album on my coffeetable. My ugly "What a big fat cow!" picture that began my whole weight loss journey is the first picture that I see as I open the photo album. I look at the photo album often as a reminder of how far I have come but MORE IMPORTANTLY as a reminder that if I DON'T keep vigilant I could be right back there at that first ugly picture again!

My oldest son who has lost 75 pounds himself is my biggest advocate in my family. He KNOWS what I have gone through to lose the weight because he has done it himself. He encourages me and makes me feel proud that I have accomplished all I have accomplished. I want to KEEP progressing!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I'm in the same "out the door they go" group. As soon as I realize something is too big it goes in the bag. The sad thing is, I have very few clothes to wear right now...but I just hate to go buy things that I will be getting rid of so soon (that's the plan!). I've been thinking about hitting the thrift shops to do all of my shopping until I hit my goal.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateRN View Post
What have you done to help ensure that you WONT re-gain??
I consigned all my bigger clothes too. The biggest thing I did was build healthy habits for my life (planning meals, packing lunches, etc). 2 years maintenance!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #8  

I gave all my bigger stuff away...
I have been here before.. Lost 120 lbs and gained most of it back over 12 years...
I got pregnant and that started the weight gain.. Had the baby and just never started dieting again.. I was young with 3 small children. My hubby worked full time and went to college full time. Food was my friend I guess you could say..
I have taken off 105 pounds over the last year..
Now I just weigh everyday... That keeps me accountable! I have a few pounds that I play with...If I start to go over I cut back...
I do my best not to return to my old habits..
I have good days and bad days...I just make sure I have more good days !!
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #9  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
I'm in the same "out the door they go" group. As soon as I realize something is too big it goes in the bag. The sad thing is, I have very few clothes to wear right now...but I just hate to go buy things that I will be getting rid of so soon (that's the plan!). I've been thinking about hitting the thrift shops to do all of my shopping until I hit my goal.

The GoodWill is my fave place to shop right now. Every once in awhile I'll come across a great sale item at FashionBug or Cato's, but knowing I'm just going to be in it for a month or so, .....although, Catos often has things marked down less than 5 bucks and they check every item in the store every monday to see if it goes down, often you can go in every Tuesday and find clothes for 2.99 or less.

I too am of the toss it when it's to big club. I am saving a pair of capris from my "biggest" days and 1 button up shirt from the same time period, everything else is out the door. I refuse to have them hanging in my closet, taking up valuable real estate that could be used by my skinnier clothes. I also need to know that if I dont keep going with this, I will have to run around town, buck naked, and really, who wants to see that? Well, besides Matt, but he's a guy.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #10  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Wanted to add, I'm also a person who keeps fitday up and running at all time. I don't have the pc version, but the page is ALWAYS up, and I plan the night before and add all my foods into fitday. Unless I know I'll be gone all day, then I still try and do it, and toss the snack items in the diaper bag. Whenever I want a snack or feel the urge to eat, I just toggle over and see my daily intake, if I have room to play, I might, but usually my snackeyist times are late at night, after 9 pm, and if I've done really well, I don't want to see those numbers change.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:54 AM   #11  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

at the moment I have 3 jeans and 25 T shirts no buying anything, and gave my clothes to a church group and some to a nursing home (which many people overlook) most have no familys to provide clothes...so donate ladies
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:29 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I gave away all of my fat clothes almost immediately. I did keep a couple of pieces so that I can try them on and see how far I have come. I can't begin to tell you how motivating it is to see just how uwearably large they are.

To ensure that I never regain the weight, I have put good habits in place. Ones that will last me a lifetime. I have essentially reprogrammed my brain to be that of one as a healthy and fit person. It is never far from my mind just how easy it is to gain over 100 lbs.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #13  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Dana - your picture is so cute!

I. I began the process. I decided I would never give up trying to lose this weight and I would do everything that was healthy to lose it. Because I would never give up, I figured I would eventually lose it, whether that was in the near future or twenty years from now - giving up was not an option.

II. I have committed myself to keeping my body fit and in shape through exercise. It is a lifetime goal. (Of the three, this is the biggie for me.)

III. I am learning to build healthy eating habits and maintain them.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #14  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I throw the FAT clothes away IMMEDIATELY. Gone. Too bad, Charlotte, you CAN'T re-gain......you can't afford a new new wardrobe.

Also, plastic surgery. That seems to be the ticket for me. I have NOT gone through all of this expense and PAIN and DISCOMFORT to plump up again. I would have to be out of my mind.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote