Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #1  
is there a miracle pill?

S/C/G: 220/220/180

Height: 5'3

Default Anyone using Xenical?

Hello! I'm just starting today. This time I will do it. But, just in case my diet is not the best, I heard that Xenical works. I tried before (like one week only) I know the "soft" efect. But beside that? Has anyone ever used it? does it work?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I don't take it but from everything I have read it is not a cure all.You have to eat properly and exercise.While it is supposed to block fat absorption i thing that bad food contains plenty of calories on their own and not all of it is fat.If you eat mega calories everday it is going to add weight.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/178/130

Height: 5'0"

I've been taking Xenical for 1 1/2 weeks. I haven't had any of the bad side effects, because I'm too afraid to eat too much fat now! So, I've come to the conclusion that it mostly works on the mind, training one to eat right! As far as how it actually works, only time will tell.....
Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #4  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I dont know about Xenical, or even really what it is, but there is something that I take from time to time when life gets insane and I just dont think I will make it. Its called Thermadrol, I swear by it. Its really good for energy ( without the jittery side effects) and for those who crave sweets everyday like me.. this works well too for helping curb the sweet craving. The first bottle I used lasted about 2 months and I lost 20lbs, I stopped taking it and I didnt gain the weight back, of course I was exercising and watching what I eat as well so I am sure that helped, as far as this pill is concerned I say its great for energy and stopping the sweet cravings. If anyone has any other questions on this you can send me a message.

*** Just want to add that I dont believe any pills make you lose weight, but I do believe they can help where one falls short, diet and exercise is key.***
Old 03-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

My understanding is that it prevents 1/3 of fat calories from absorbing. So, if you're eating a high fat diet, you could lose significant amount of weight (but likely have more side effects). If you're eating a low fat diet, it can't help much. My doctor was willing to put me on it if I wanted, because he said it oftens works best almost like antabuse for alcohol. the side effects of eating fatty foods will discourage you from eating them. At the time, I was on (and sticking very well to a low fat diet), so there really wasn't much point.

Even now, that I'm eating more of a whole food, lower carb diet, I'm still not eating enough fat for it to help much, so I haven't pursued it.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'

It really does work if you stick to it. You have to be really careful what you eat, which is what you should do any way. As you change your diet to accomodate the Med you will lose. Good luck
Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #7  

It would work if you're eating a lot of calories from fat. However, you'd have to be eating 1500 calories in fat daily, for example, to lose 1 lb per week. Even if it absorbed ALL of the fat, which is not my understanding of how it works, you'd have to be eating 500 calories of fat a day for the xenical for that pound. So, if you're losing more than that, it can only be attributed to the dietary changes.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #8  

Yep, checked the Xenical website. It absorbs 1/3 of the calories from fat in the diet. So you really have to look at how you are eating, and decide whether 1/3 of your fat calories would provide enough of a calorie deficit to be worth the price and potential side effects of the drug. It really works best for people who are not on a low fat diet. So, if you're on Atkins, you would definitely see more of a difference, than on a low fat diet.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 13st/12st/9.5st

Height: 5ft 4in

I'm in to my 2ed week on Xenical and I have to say I was eating a low fat/weight watchers diet before and have continued to. I have changed nothing (other than the first two days when I eat nothing but fruit and veg due to the fear of bad side effects). So far not a lot of bad side effects other than one bad day involving a bag of crisps (NOT NICE).So far I love it! I have to say it does put you off being naughty but as some one who wasn’t before it’s not a big deal! I'm loosing a lot more weight than before and haven’t changed my diet. I may be wrong about this but as it stops 1/3 of the fat you eat from making you fat by putting it down the toilet then your body starts to burn off the extra fat you have on your body! You do not have to be eating a high fat diet for this to work (if you do you could become very ill)!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #10  

Smile

I did the xenical thing 8 years ago and after I had stopped it because I was tired of always having to clean my toliet after I went #2,I was shopping in Wal Mart and thought I had to fart well I didn't and I havd made quit a mess on the floor buy the towels nobody was around and thank goodness I had my long jacket with me I left all of the stuff I was buying and almost ran out of the store.So if you can reduce your fat in take why not do it on your own and you will not have to worry about the goo.

Dannette
Old 03-15-2007, 09:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4my2boyz View Post
I did the xenical thing 8 years ago and after I had stopped it because I was tired of always having to clean my toliet after I went #2,I was shopping in Wal Mart and thought I had to fart well I didn't and I havd made quit a mess on the floor buy the towels nobody was around and thank goodness I had my long jacket with me I left all of the stuff I was buying and almost ran out of the store.So if you can reduce your fat in take why not do it on your own and you will not have to worry about the goo.

Dannette

Hi, Just wanted to say that even with a diet, I was having the same problem. (Wet pharts)

I did lose weight. but it was awful for me. I ended up not taking it anymore because of the side affect.

I believe the dosages are less now. that might help.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #12  
is there a miracle pill?

I've been taking Xenical for almost a month and I haven't seen any result. IT's true that my #2 is nasty and fatty but I haven't lose weight. I also don't have the side effects (still give me time to fart in the bathroom)
Is there something bad with me? Why I can not lose weight???
Old 04-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #13  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Yanis,
Are you monitoring your calories? Are you exercising most days of the week? Xenical really only helps with fat but if you are eating high calorie items that are relatively fat free, then it won't help.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #14  
is there a miracle pill?

Well, I'll be honest. I've been eating normal. I haven't cut my calories or carbs or anything because I tought that the pill was good enough. Even thoug I an eating healthier, it's not good enough to lose weight just for the food. I will start writting down my daily intake of food to see if that's going to work.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:37 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/264/?

Height: 5ft 5

Thumbs up Using Xenical

I've been on Xenical for 2 months now and have lost 16lb so I'm very impressed with it!

I have been on, or I should say been attempting, a low fat diet but I haven't been exercising other than wandering around shops in town!

I haven't had a really bad accident but I did think that it would be useful to see the sideaffects, in the comfort of my own home just to see what the symptoms would be like!

I already have IBS so I'm already extremely familiar with the concept of loose motions and so forth. Is anybody else taking it at the moment?
Closed Thread