Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #1  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

Height: 5'8"

Default Are you Exercising?

I am following the food plan on Phase II (week 1). I walk and sometimes jog, but not very often. Is there any recommendations for exercising? What's better, cardio or strength? What are some things you chicks are doing? Any suggestions?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #2  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

I can't answer all of your questions, I can only tell you what's working for me.

My first 5 weeks (ish) of SB I didn't exercise, or only once a week. I lost 6lbs, 3lbs (both Phase I), 0lbs, 1lb, 0lb. Then I started exercising, and even though I was eating more whole grains and fruit, I lost 2lbs, 1lb, 2lbs. It's helped me a LOT, and I really enjoy it. My program is basically 3-5 times a week, at least a half hour of cardio, and I'm just starting to add in weight training. Eventually, I want to do more, but I don't want to push myself over the edge and quit, KWIM?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #3  
Working for the Cruise!

I started back into exercising really slowly. Started at Curves in November. My mom and I would go 4 days a week and go three times around the circuit. That got us through the holidays.

Once January hit I started taking a step aerobics class in gym for college. Great fun!

February I added in the YMCA. Here I do the elliptical machine, run around the track, use the nautilus weight system, and finally use their mats for abs and push-ups.

My friend and I try to play racquetball on Sundays.

It's March and I'm still going strong! I think the slow additions really helped.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

I try to use the elliptical 4 - 5 days a week for 30 minutes. Sometimes a little less. I then try to do weights, stretching ab stuff for 10 - 20 minutes. Recently I have added in some days of yoga - some routines are an amazing workout!

At work we are currently doing a "step challenge". The elliptical gets me half of my daily steps, so this week I chose to 10 minutes on the elliptical an off day or I walked around the mall, to the bank etc, to help get the recommended steps.

I am getting a bit bored and with nicer weather I may make it to the gym and add in more variety or even get outside and walk to keep it interesting.

I did improve my excersice (I was attempting it before, but could easily be talked out of it!) when I started the diet, because I was doing both as a result of doctor's orders for less than ideal blood work results. In my head I knew I would need both to improve the results and I also understood that both would be important in the long run to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Ally
Closed Thread