Old 02-17-2007, 06:31 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default FAB & FIT 40's and 50's #184

Hi everyone

Reality has struck and I'm forced to make changes. We were offered a free wellness screening/complete blood workup thru my job. My results showed that my cholesterol is 224 and glucose was too high as well...don't remember that number at the moment. The last time I had the same tests was when I turned 50, and my results were normal.
So, I don't know if I've gradually developed this over the last 3 years, or if it's due to my abnormally bad eating habits/sedentary lifestyle of the last 8 or 9 months
We purchased a new treadmill and I've been walking 30 minutes each day as a start.
Today I'm beginning WW again and am committed to journalling and planning. That is key for me, I know....if I don't plan I'm doomed to a day of bad choices.
Having gained weight slowly over the last 1/2 year, my knees have been hurting again as well. Reality bites! I'm reminded daily that my body isn't what it used to be...but I do have the power to change some of the problems.

I absolutely love my new job and the department I'm working in! It's a much more laid-back atmosphere and the work is interesting. I've been given a great opportunity to fine-tune the position and make any changes I like. After the job-related stress of the last year, this is a dream come true!

I realize now how much that long-term stress affected my weight, attitude and general well-being. I feel as tho a cloud has lifted and I'm back to my old self. Joe is greatly relieved, as I haven't really been myself.

Last month I attended a training seminar and am now a tutor for our local high school district's Learn To Read adult literacy program. I missed doing volunteer work and was looking for the right program. This is it! Each tutor is assigned an adult student and they work one-on-one for a 10 week semester. Most of the students are ESL students, must be over 18, and usually test at a 4th or 5th grade reading level in English. My student is from China, will turn 50 this year. She's bright, witty, and is working very hard to improve her English pronunciation and spelling. It is extremely rewarding to work with her.

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a great weekend!
~Jen
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #2  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

I know I haven't been here for awhile but I have thought of all of you.

Terri, I tried to send you emails a couple of comes but it they kept coming back, user unknown. Did you change it? How are you? How's the family, Brits?

Jen, where are you working? Glad to hear it's less stressful. I know how depressing it can be when you start gaining again. My cholesterol & blood pressure was high when I went for my annual physical last month. I'm still having problems with my back so I haven't exercised in a very long time. Good going with starting over & walking.

Hi Ruth! 9 grandchildren! I still don't have one. Glad you stopped in to say hello. I've been MIA. I have to make time to stop in at least a couple of times a week.

Me amiga, I got the pictures you sent from Alana's wedding. They make such a cute couple. I tried emailing you right after you sent them but when I hit send my email disappeared. How's everything?

Susan, how's it going? You lost quite a bit right?

I'm struggling but what else is knew. I have to get back on track ASAP! I'm in such a rut it's not even funny. I have to get my big butt back here. You all have always been so supportive & that's what I need right now.

I can't sit for too long so I have to go for now.

Missed you all.

Be back soon.

Luv u's,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 03-24-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Rios426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday all!

Jen: I think that reality has struck for a lot of us... I admire your ablility to see what you need to do and to take the steps to correct the problem. Awesome!

Es: I am at a stand still right now, I have been losing and gaining the same three pounds since the holidays so as of this week I have changed a few things and am hoping for a better w/i on Saturday.

All: Tired of the snow here... we got more on Saturday when we were moving my oldest son into the house that he rented with his girlfriend... not fun to move in the snow but at least it was not rain and the temps were not as bad as they had been.

It is good to see people posting again...

I will stop back again tomorrow.

Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #4  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi

Susan, how did the move go? How old is your son? My son moved back home 1 year ago. Now, he's planning to move out soon. I love having him home but I find myself much busier when he's around. Once he moves I'll have more time to myself so I can start exercising again. Are you still exercising? I guess it's frustrating trying to lose 3 lbs. I wish I only had 3 pounds left. I have to lose 20 to make 10%. Hope w/i goes well.

Jen, should we start a challenge? We need some motivation.

There's a few women at my job that go to meetings on Wed. on their lunch hour. I'm thinking about going with them. I have to do something. I figure if I start now by June I could be 20 lbs. lighter.

How's everybody doing?

Old 02-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #5  

Hi everybody!
Es,
My e-mail is the same. I don't know what happened. I just sent you one today. Hope you get it. It is great talking to you again.
I hope you are feeling better.

Jen,
Hopefully your numbers will go down. I am on lipitor so my numbers are all in the normal range now. I have genetically high cholesterol. It was 230 and wouldn't go down further so I am medicated now. It might have been higher before WW and actually came down so I hope yours does.
I missed all of you.

I'll be back later.
Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #6  

Default Just checking in!

Morning all and happy friday!

E's: My son that moved is 22, he had been on his own once before but moved home for about a half a year to figure it all out I guess, we did get him all moved though it snowed all day so that was not fun but it is over and done with now. My other son is 18 and in his last year of highschool... he leaves in the fall for college so I will be an empty nester soon. I still have lots more to lose... I think 35 more to make it to goal but since the holidays I have just been gaining and losing the same three pounds over and over again... never get any further then that and then I gain them back again. I have changed around my exercise routine a bit to hopefully get things kick started. I still exercise but not as much cardio and I think that is the problem... I just prefer to walk outside and the weather has been so bad here that I have had to stick to the treadmill at the gym since the holidays and I think that has a lot to do with my lack of loss on the scale. Good luck with the at work meetings, I hear they are fun!

Jen: How are you doing?

Terri: Glad to see you back... how has life been treaking you lately?

I have to run but will check back later on.
Susan
Old 02-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #7  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hello my friends

It feels so good to be back.

Terri, I got your email. I don't know what happened that I couldn't send you mail but it's okay now. Say hi to Britts.

Susan, my brother is a personal trainer & he says when you want to lose weight you have to kick it up a notch(cardio). Have you tried Core? I feel like trying it. I'm really bad at journaling.

We're going to the chinese buffet for lunch/dinner. I eat lots of vegetables & some chicken.

Hi Jen, Dianne, Sandy, Ruth & Janie.

Have great day everybody.

Hugs, Es

Old 02-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #8  

Default Happy Tuesday!

E's: I have not tried Core as I don't seem to have that on/off switch that tells us when we are full or hungry... I always seem to be hungry so I need a bit more structure then Core offers... I need the accountability of the points plan. I need to step up my cardio, your brother is right about that... I think I have the winter lazies lately... not good but I think I need to kick start myself again...

All: How is everyone doing? Jump in when you can, we need to get this board jumping again I think.

Susan
Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Susan,
I agree with you...some sort of kick-start is definitely needed here! You've done so well, losing 39 pounds! Hang in there. The winter doldrums will lift.

Where is everyone? Terri, Es, Dianne, Sandy, Zoe, Ruth? C'mon girls...let's get back together

Have to run, have a great day!
~Jen
Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #10  

Default I'm still here

I stop by daily to see what is going on but I don't post daily and I will start to do that again... somedays I just don't much to say but I can always come up with something.

I have started following the Wendie plan this week to see if that will get me kick started again and have stepped up the cardio... wish me luck!

I will be back tomorrow!
Susan
Old 03-07-2007, 08:54 AM   #11  

Default Morning!

Good morning everyone! today is my DH birthday so I will be leaving early to prepare for that... we are not doing much but will have supper with family and do cake and presents.

I have been working on my cardio to try and get my weight loss started again as well as working on the Wendie plan... I think it is working but it is too soon to tell.

How is everyone doing? What are your goals and game plans to reach your desired weight? Just curious to see how everyone is handling the after holiday stuff... I have struggled but am hoping that I am back on track and looking forward to spring time and then of course the wonderful summer time.

I have to run for now.
Susan
Old 03-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #12  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

I've been home for 2 days. My knee swelled up. The dr is sending me for an MRI. I have fluid in there. Always something! I was supposed to join WW with my co-worker today.

Susan, I know how you feel about the winter lazy days. I'm so glad the daylight savings times is early this year. As soon as my knee gets better I'm going to start walking. Good going with your cardio.

How's it going Jen? I'm still trying to find my way back. Maybe we should start a challenge? Tell me what you think. Maybe from March thru June?

I need help, support, motivation, inspiration...I'm desperate. (HELP)

Have a nice evening.
Hugs,
Es
Old 03-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Susan,
Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Hope you had a nice celebration.

Es,
I hope your knee isn't too bad. Have you ever had it drained?

We're in the same boat. I've got the tools, but no willpower/motivation. Desperately need a kick to get started. Baby steps. I'm drinking lots of water at work each day, and making good choices for breakfast and lunch....but have horrible binges when I get home. Looking forward to the warmer weather means oh no! no more hiding under heavy winter clothes.

Hi to everyone,
~Jen
Old 03-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #14  

Default Happy Thursday all!

Well, the b-day celebration went well and I stayed within points so I was very happy. DH got lots of special presents so he was happy. All in all the evening went very well.

I am up for a challenge... I will have to think about what I want my goal to be but you can count me in! I have been back on track and all but I would love to have something to work towards other then my general goal of "Oh God, let me have lost SOMETHING this week... PLEASE!"

I had a goal to lose a certain amount before DH and I leave for Hawaii but to tell you the truth I don't even remember what that goal was... I know that I did not hit it and that is what matters I guess.

I am very motivated to get active outside again when the warmer weather comes... walking on the treadmill is ok but I would rather walk around my neighborhood or ride my bike.

I am also motivated to hit goal and achieve my life time membership at WW so that I don't have to pay the fee anymore, it is frustrating paying week after week and not losing anything.

So I have pulled myself up by my bootstraps since me and only me can make this happen... no one else... I want to look good, feel good and be able to enjoy life and like Jen said, not hide in my winter clothing anymore.

I will be back tomorrow!
Susan
Old 03-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Susan,
you said it...
"So I have pulled myself up by my bootstraps since me and only me can make this happen... no one else... I want to look good, feel good and be able to enjoy life "
so well!
I've got to get back on track...thanks for the inspiring words that reminded me of my responsibility to myself.
I applaud your positive attitude and resolve to be active.
When are you going to Hawaii? I'm sure you've told us, but I've forgotten.
Keep up the good work!

Hi to everyone
~Jen