South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chick Chat!

COFFEE'S ON! And hot water for tea if you prefer.

The next 2 days are going to be sunny and the temps are slowly climbing, so this snow will be outta here soon! I'm taking the girls to school today, and Cindy has a full day of chores for me, so I'll be busy. Oh well, payback for getting yesterday off . I need to find time to get a birthday present for Audrey before her party on Sunday, too! I can't believe she's turning 6 already!!!!!! They grow up so fast.

What's everyone doing today?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage, and I really appreciate that coffee!

It's darned cold here this morning but we are going to warm up by the weekend. The house is cold because I didn't have enough wood to keep the woodstove going all night. Eric, my wood carrier, hurt himself at wrestling so..... I will go out later and haul in enough for tonight.

The kitchen is a mess because I left a veggie chopping job in the middle after supper last night. Liz invited me up for some herb tea and I just left the mess when I came home, forgetting today is Donna Day! Friends are more important than tidy kitchens, right? The veggies are for dog food which should get made this afternoon.

It's getting brighter at night and Spring really is getting closer despite the snow and cold. Muddy Paw Season is approaching! I expect robins by the 24th!

Gotta dash. Back later.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:37 AM   #3  

Well, I thought I'd jump in here and say hello! I've just started on the South Beach Diet and am kinda struggling! My friend Karen (jovimom on here) says I'm going through the carb detox and that's what's causing my, hmmmmm, anger! But on the good side, I've lost four pounds already! So, I'm going to "keep the faith" and try to keep going!

If you are the praying kind, please say a few today for Karen - she is having sinus surgery this morning.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:44 AM   #4  

Good Morning ladies!!

It's only 19* degrees here this morning, so thanks for the coffee, Cottage . Hopefully the weather will warm up this weekend like it's supposed to.

Well, the recent weightloss has stuck for two days...so I'm calling it official. I am now under 220!

Not too much going on today. I have an eye dr.'s appt. today during my lunch hour. Hopefully, I'll be able to find some nice frames...and avoid the puff of air in my eye.

I've got to get movin'...I've got kitties yelling at me for their breakfast.

Have a good one
Old 03-08-2007, 07:47 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Hi Sharon and to The Beach. We're glad you found us.

Phase one can be a b**ch but, if you remember you can have good carbs like dairy and legumes, things will go better. Please continue to join us on the Daily Chat and feel free to ask questions as there's lots of experience here. Check out the stickies in here and in the FAQ Section.

I'll be sending good vibes to Karen and her surgeon today. I didn't realize she was having surgery. My internet connection was toast for a couple of days and I may have missed it.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Annarenee, congratulations on another great milestone.

About the kitties, don't they realize you are not their slave? What we do for our pets!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:02 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks.....

Cottage Thanks for the water for tea but could I have a bath tub full please it is soooooo cold here again today. I can not wait til spring. I am dreaming of putting away the coats and mittens. Have a great day.

Ruth I have left a messy kitchen a time or two as well. And I agree nothing better than friends. I do have a doggy question for you. My border collie has dry skin do you have any suggestions other than bathing in oatmeal shampoo and I do have a anti itch spray for him as well but I hate to keep bathing him.

texasjovimom- to the beach pull up a towel. Sending my prayers and thoughts to Karen.

annarenee- good luck at the eye dr today.

Adding a pic of my doggie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saints Rests Beach 001.jpg (56.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-08-2007, 08:46 AM   #8  
Working for the Cruise!

Good morning ladies! Thank Goodness the coffee is on.....DH is still in the sunshine-warmed bed....I'm seriously tempted to crawl back in with him!

Welcome to Texasjovimom!

Littlechick- Your doggie is ADORABLE!

Congrats to AnnaRenee!

Cottage - Thanks for starting us up! Here's to warmer temperatures!

Me - My screen door was stuck shut this morning so I was "locked" out of my apartment at 8 am with 0° Windchill for about 15 minutes. Kept ringing our doorbell and DH kept on sleeping!!

Anyway, warmer now. Thinking about a nice cup of tea to get the day started. I've got a lot to do today, or at least a lot I want to get done. Laundry must be taken to be washed (I envy you with washers and dryers at home!!), dry cleaning dropped off, kitchen must be cleaned, bathroom should be tidied and bedroom as well. I'll do the cleaning in the evening...

I'm going to Curves this morning with my mom. I'm thinking about buying some more work-out clothes today; it seems like they are all I wear anymore! Also going to hit the YMCA for some Elliptical and abs. Finally, if I'm feeling up to it, I'll do my workout video here at home. I've been thinking about it for days now and I'd like to try it out in this apartment. I know this is ambitious, but Thursday is one of the days I have more time to devote to exercise. Plus it keeps me from eating!!

2-5 is wine class....I've been stirring and talking to my Raspberry wine all week. We'll see how it goes. Wish my yeast luck!

Brother e-mailed me last night. He and his fiance are moving down to my neck of the woods from Cortland for a summer internship. He was asking about apartments and if they could stay here if there were any waiting lists. Apparently, her parents are NOT ok with them living together, but they are ok with them living together with DH and I???????? Parents....oh well!

Here's to a productive day ladies!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #9  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies! I'll take some of that tea.

Sharon - Welcome, I just joined up myself!

Sarah - Yikes on being locked out of your apartment in the cold, I hope you've warmed up! The wine class sounds really interesting, where are you taking it?

MyThreeTots - When I've gone walking so far I've just put DS in the jogging stroller and wear DD in the mei tai. I don't have a double stroller yet, debating if I want to get one or not. I would like to work up to some jogging so I'll need to have DD in something other than the MT. I'm keeping an eye out on our local Craigslist, hoping to come across one.

Well, for the last 2 days I have not finished off DS' leftover waffles from breakfast. It might seem silly, but that's a big step for me, I had been taking in a lot of extra calories that way. Sure, I'll take that last bite of waffle/PB&J/cracker...
Old 03-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #10  

I'm on my third cup of tea since I got to work. It's 70 in the office but that always feels cold to me. No time for individual greetings today or I will end up like yesterday and never end up getting a post in.

I worked late last night getting 60-9 page packets ready for roundtable tonight. I still don't know if they are going to change the cost of camp but I couldn't wait any long to print them since we need to start handing them out tonight.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Barb, my house is 70F too but I am sitting with a jacket on and my fingers are cold. It's 9F outside, not the bitter -38 of yesterday so I don't know why I am so cold. I think it may be the remains of my Black Death from last week. So pass over a mug of that tea!

Little Chick, I PM'd you some dog info - holler if it's not clear.

Adia, you sure have a day of exercise planned. I hope you are able to accomplish it all. I locked myself out of my house one time with my coat caught in the door. It was freezing cold and I had to slip out of the coat and go to the super to get in.

Sharon, let us know how Karen's surgery went if you hear from her. And what the heck is a mei tai? A baby sling?

Donna finally arrived at ten fifteen - punctuality is not her strong point but my house is all spiffed up again. I really don't see how one person and two dogs can need a cleaner weekly but it sure is a nice luxury. To make life perfect, I need to go out and lug in some wood now. My neighbour "lad" hurt himself wrestling and is hors de combat at the moment.

Beef stew for supper tonight - it's always better the second day. I'll make a pot of SleepyTime tea and sip away as I watch Grey's Anatomy and head for bed early. I am behind on sleep and I have to go to an all day workshop at the Brockville Hospital tomorrow on Alzheimers and other types of Dementia. (The Dogs should be going with me but they seem to know how to deal with it.) This will probably be much more detailed than I need to do pet therapy but may be very interesting. Rob is going to let The Girls out at noon so they will be OK.

I just Googled Mei Tais. Neat! http://www.meitaibaby.com/
Old 03-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #12  
Slowly but surely

We had a mother blessing for a friend today, I brought some bean soup for everybody for lunch. I did good, I stayed away from a friend's stuffing that I *know* is delicious but definitely not what I need to be eating right now.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Here I am on a mini vacation in Seattle, WA, it's not turning out to be very SB friendly! I had a breakfast of FF yogurt and grapes, lunch was out at my brother's work, and no idea whats for dinner! We are doing LOTS of walking, mostly around the malls shopping, heh. It's fun to get away though!

lubajo - I totally lost the pounds I had gained as well! Weird eh! I am hoping to offset the food with lots of walking while we are here and come home with a maintenance of my weight. It's easy but hard here, I don't drink pop here (in the USA) because it has TOO much caffiene! But I do drink vitamin water - high in sugar. Since we don't have it in Canada, I "treat" myself to it. bad me!

-Aimee
Old 03-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #14  
Slowly but surely

Aimee - I should have had you over for dinner then, I'm near Seattle.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Kestrel - you totally should have! We had thai take out - rice, noodles and chicken. It was a little over the top, altho I did have juice instead of any of the other choices I had! Where abouts are you? Not that I'm all that familiar with all the towns around here.

-Aimee
Closed Thread