Old 02-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #1  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Smile March SlimFast-ers

Thought it might be helpful to post a monthly SlimFast thread again since there’s been some interest and questions about it lately.

The plan impressed me because of the Consumer Reports magazine finding that SlimFast was the second most effective mainstream weight loss plan behind only Weight Watchers.

The comparisons on how long SlimFast Optima shakes help control hunger also got my attention. If the link doesn't work, here's the url - http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=5801672

For me, I chose exercise and SlimFast for my slimming program and have been very happy. I’m more than 2/3 of the way to goal now. I like the powder for shakes made at home with skim milk, ½ cup crushed ice and fruit, like half a banana. The SF website helps me by reminding me of about how much food to eat every day to stay on their plan. Also I can record my exercise log and weight chart there.

Wanted to thank Paula (OnePerDecade), who suggested a couple months ago in a thread, adding frozen strawberries to a Vanilla SlimFast shake. I really loved adding that "recipe" to my chocolate-and-banana standbys. Now that strawberries are in the produce section again, I’m using fresh ones with crushed ice.

So, if you use SlimFast or have a question about it, pop in and post.

Last edited by Whittlin; 02-27-2007 at 07:23 PM. Reason: To add url address
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #2  
bit

Height: 5'2"

I've been on SlimFast for 3 1/2 weeks now. I've lost 12lbs and have gained loads of energy. I've been very busy and haven't worked out all that much, but I am planning on starting tomorrow. This is probably the easiest diet I have been on, and I think I will be able to stay on it until I reach my goal weight.
bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #3  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

I am LOVING Slimfast~!! Years ago, my sister used to drink them ALL the time and they were nasty!! But I gave them a shot a week ago and Im LOVING them! I also love the chocolate royale with 2 ice cubes, fat free milk and half a banana..OMG YUM-O!! I lost 5 lbs last week and hope to continue!!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #4  

I'm in! I figured I could try this for a week and see how it goes. I need some accountability though! I tend to get sidetracked very easily. But that's no excuse! I know I can get this weight off by July.

My plan:

shake for breakfast, fruit, 1/2 sandwich, veggies and optima bar for lunch, snack bar and fruit, dinner of protein, starch, veggies, yogurt for evening snack.
missqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #5  
Hopeso24

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5'7"

What is everybodys favorite flavor of slim fast? I tried the chocolate one years ago and it literally tasted like chalk, it was horrible. Also.... any good recipes or add-ins to the shakes???
Hopeso24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #6  
Starbucks Addict!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate Royale powder!!!! Its so yummy!! I agree, they USED to taste like chalk, but give it try now!!!! I add a banana in it, so yummy! I cant wait till all the fruits are in season then im going to try the vanilla powder with the fruit. I like the powders better than the mixed cans. I also add a few ice cubes too! This will be the perfect treat for summer!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #7  
bit

Height: 5'2"

Today is the start of week 5! I'm feeling better and better everyday.

My favorite is vanilla (I have never been a chocolate-loving girl).
bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #8  
Whittlin

Cool to hear from everyone!

missqt - hey, I'm all for some accountability! Sounds like a great plan. It'll be interesting to see how your week goes. All best wishes - stick to that plan!

bit, that is a terrific report on your energy level, plus even on week 5 feeling better and better! Would you believe one of my local grocery stores had put the Vanilla powder on sale because they were going to discontinue? Huh? I couldn't believe that, but I got a good deal. Another grocery store carries like, a dozen different SlimFast bar/boxed products but few shakes and no powders at all. Go figure.

hopeso24, I think purplecrush just described my favorite shake recipe. But so often the groceries around here carry only Vanilla and Milk Chocolate (both of which I like a lot - it's just that Chocolate Royale is my fave.) I guess the buyers see 2 chocolate choices and just pick Milk Chocolate because it sounds familiar.

Oh, choosing between cans and powders mixed at home? I think the powder ones mix up to have a flavor that reminds me of Jello puddings flavors. Not fast-food-milkshakes-delish, no, but a nice flavor I can enjoy. Sometimes, canned shakes taste like the can. (Sorry if I offended the can drinkers! ) HOWEVER, having a cold can you could take along with you? Priceless.

I was down another pound this morning. Keeping up with my exercise, drinking my water. We can do this!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #9  

My fav flavors are Vanilla and Strawberry (regular). I haven't tried the Optima shakes though and I'm curious about the Capuccino. As far as powder vs can, it's definitely a convenience issue for me. I would like to start my plan on Saturday when I don't have the stress of school to push me off my path to the nearest Panera or Starbucks!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:46 AM   #10  
Kiera

S/C/G: 183/180/130

Height: 5.6

Red face I'm in!

I'm new (Again!) here, but I am going to go on the Slimfast diet! I did it this past summer right before my wedding and just did the powder, fat free milk and ice all crushed up together and LOVED it! I can't wait to try it again! =) I have been soo good ALL week and I am getting discouraged already, so I might as well do this. I have two young kids and go to school so this is going to help soo much! Thanks for the new again idea to start this!
LiviAudsMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #11  

Just checking in. I've been sick since Friday so I'm going to start a little later than I hoped (this coming weekend). But, I am mentally preparing myself to do this plan. I keep challenging myself whenever I start to think, can I really follow through with this? The mind is important in the weight loss process so hopefully I can get my mind right!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #12  
Whittlin

Hi there, LiviAudsMami. Glad we were able to remind you what a good idea SlimFast can be.

Sorry you were sick, missqt.

Ran into another sale on powder SlimFast and got the last canister of Chocolate Royale that they had.

I have the Vanilla on hand and am watching the produce departments change with the seasons! purplecrush, what fruits are you thinking of with the Vanilla? Two that come to mind for me are peaches and blueberries.

My exercising is going well and I'm getting in enough water (I count skim milk as part of my water intake - another reason SlimFast powders work well for me!) I'm usually having a half-sandwich with each shake and I take my vitamins with my first shake of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Slimming wishes going out~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #13  
Starbucks Addict!

HI all!

Whittlin- Im going to try strawberries and banana with my vanilla. I have them in my fridge right now!!

As for drinking out of the can, I agree, they taste like the can, so I use a straw!!!! It helps alot!

The Cappucino one tastes so good! I think it tastes like coffee. My mom even drinks them, every day and shes so darn picky!

As for me, I havent been doing so good this last weekend. I got laid off my job on friday and now im so sad because I loved that job and my girls (im a caregiver) So I took my kids to the beach for the weekend and ate like crap! Ive done pretty good today, but I feel crappy because of all the stuff I ate this weekend!

I havent exercised either, I havent wanted to do anything. I need to get my butt up though, so I dont get all depressed!

Happy Monday!

edited to add that I just mixed the vanilla with strawberries and banana. Its SOOOO good!! It tastes like a smoothie! I cant wait till summer when all the yummy fruit is out!

Last edited by purplecrush; 03-12-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Love the Cappucino!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #15  
We'll all get there!!!!

S/C/G: 225/tic/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone just a quick question. I am, you could say, a "diet mixer" I am currently on South Beach, but I have added some Slim Fast to my diet this week to change things up, lol, anyway, Do you find that drinking a shake for breakfast, snack, and a shake for lunch (I'm assuming with a little something else) really holds you over for the day? You're really not hungry? Thanks a bunch!!!
Cate426 is offline   Reply With Quote