South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:19 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Wacky Wednesday on the Beach!

Well, it's hump day, Beachies! Nowhere to go but towards the weekend! : Hope everyone is keeping warm...it's chilly up here in the northeast!!! Negative 10 was the wind chill temp here yesterday...I hope it gets a little warmer today...Brrrr!

No major plans for today. If I don't go hang out with a friend, I'll spend the day at home. Might finally get in that baking I've been meaning to do for over a week. I'd like to clean up my bedroom as a surprise for DH when he gets home from his business trip. We'll see. I also have tons of towels to fold and a movie to watch before Blockbuster charges me for keeping it. My scrapbook project is calling my name, too.

Hopefully I can light my tart warmer, put on the kettle for a wonderful pot of tea and relax. After I go to the gym of course. I went and did the elliptical yesterday; today is my really tough class. Hopefully it won't nearly break me like last week's! I actually was so sore I went for a massage on Friday and was still in pain on Sunday! It was really intense!!!! We'll see how it goes tomorrow...hopefully I'm slightly more fit than last week.

What's happening on your patch of sand?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, this may be a fluke but I'm back on! I did a system restore back to Saturday and a de-frag and things are running faster. I hope it lasts. (I think something weird was going on in cyber space because several friends, some of them on different ISPs, were having the same problem.)

Laurie, what the heck is a tart warmer? Would it work for butter tarts? It sounds like you have a lovely Hump Day planned. I hope those aches and pains disappear soon - you are hard on yourself, sweetie.

Hersh and I did pet therapy at the nursing home last night and today Lucy and I do it at the Clinic. Suddenly I seem to be on the Board of the Clinic - thanks Dr. Jack and Dr. Bob! There's a meeting right after I do therapy so Lucy will be attending it with me. If she acts like a brat, maybe they'll kick me off the Board. I really don't need another volunteer activity but all the ones I do seem worthwhile.

I've not yet had time to read all of yesterday's posts but it look like everyone behaved. Raoul sends his love. He's resting today!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sigh!

This snow wasn't supposed to start until later in the day, but it's coming down steadily and the ground is already covered. Some schools are closing, too, so I'm waiting to see if my girls have school. I hope they close, then Richard can just drop the girls off here on his way to work and I won't have to get out and drive in this stuff.

Beachgal, Brrrrrr, it's 12* here, with a wind chill of 3*. At least the wind is supposed to be calmer today. Have a cozy day at home today!

Ruth, I hope your computer problems are over, it's really strange the way they act sometimes. Why does Raoul have to rest today? What did you do to the poor guy, anyway?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:57 AM   #4  
Working for the Cruise!

Just a quick note, I'll be back later.

Ruth - That recipe is for 6 servings. Also, a tart warmer is a little porcelain thingamabob similar to a butter warmer. A tea light candle goes in the bottom and you put a wax tart of your preferred scent in the top. It heats it and spread the scent.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 AM   #5  

Grrr... I just typed out a long post and somehow deleted it.....

Cottage Did they wind up cancelling school? I know how much you hate to drive in the snowy weather.

Ruth We are glad that you are back! I won't mention my garden or the beautiful weather that Barb and I are enjoying this week.

Adia Morning!

Laurie I have got to get my butt motivated to get some kind of exercise going. I have been very lazy on that front lately. I pulled weeds on Monday afternoon and my hamstrings have been hurting horribly from bending over. That is pitiful! I would like to get a run/walk program going, I always seem to get faster results when I build up to some jogging.

LC Thinking of you today and hoping that you well.

Jet I didn't make it back in here to post yesterday, but am glad to "see" you! Remember that we aren't just here to support one another in weight loss. These gals have seen me through biopsies, pregnancies, marriage woes.... just stick around!

Me- Bit of a busy day today, I have a meeting at church about Vacation Bible School this summer. I am having some friends over late afternoon for a little happy hour. Won't be anything too wild as the people that have kids are bringing them along. Should be fun!

Okay, need more coffee and I hear Megan yelling for me. She hasn't been sleeping too well at night- our house is pretty small and our bedrooms are off the same hallway so you hear every wimper.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #6  
Working for the Cruise!

Morning ladies! DH and I are out the door shortly for a quickie breakfast before he drops me off at college.

First thing this morning is an Art History exam. Wish me luck! I've got classes til 3, then the kiddo til 5:30. I'm going to try to make up some step classes later this evening at the Y.

I think we've found a car for me! We'll know in a little less than 5 hours. Trying to buy a black 2000 Ford Focus on eBay. Great little car and a decent price too! Gosh it would be nice to have a little 4 cylinder again.........

Kiko - Hope your happy hour goes well! Sounds like fun!

Cottage - Snow was here this morning, but has since stopped. Here's hoping you get to stay snowed in today.

Beachgal - I hope you find the time and motivation to get lots done AND relax today. Wouldn't that just be the ultimate?

Ruth - I'm not sure I want to know what happened with Raoul.........
Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

So far the girls are at school, but I have the day off! Cindy is so understanding about my fear of driving in wintry conditions, that was one of my conditions about accepting this position, especially since they live out in the country on winding roads. I expect that schools will have an early dismissal, but if that's the case, she'll just cancel her appointments for the day, if her patients don't cancel first.
It's "warmed" up to 16*, but I'm freezing! I just put on 2 pair of thick socks, and I'm snuggled under a quilt on the couch. I feel very decadent, but I'm going to enjoy every delicious moment. I'll have to make up for this day later, anyway.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #8  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

beachgal - Go enjoy your movie and stay warm! Sounds like a good day for snuggling up with a good book, too.

Ruth - Sorry to hear your computer is giving you fits. I'll come kick it for you if you'd like.

cottage - Enjoy your day to yourself! Hope you're able to warm up a bit soon.

Kiko - I tend to shut down totally when I'm overwhelmed and/or heading toward a depressive spell. Just one of those things. Enjoy your happy hour. Sounds like fun!

Adia - Good luck on your exam!

Me - My new cleaning gal, Amy, was over yesterday and made a good dent in the mess. This is going to take awhile, but we knew it would when she agreed to the task. She's coming over again tomorrow. Best money I've spent...next to paying her to sit with the girls last Saturday.

I won't tell y'all what our high is supposed to be today. Should be another gorgeous day though. I'm looking forward to another slow day at the office. Gives me time to get some "real" work done. I finally decided on a code name for my home business. We're calling it "the escape hatch". Yes, I know I'm a dork...

Have a good and productive Wednesday, everybody!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Morning Girls...8:43 here in CA. I lost the 3 lbs that I gained along with sis, while she was on her cruise...Wonder why we both gained the same...I know she enjoyed the whole cruise and food so she has more of an excuse than I...I was home the whole time and gained the same....odd.

Still working on our 50th. Anniversary in 2001. Very hard to do even if i did take daily notes...No doubt facts well be kind of mixed up but who will really notice?

Pain level today is up to 6-8...just took a pain and muscle relaxer...Hope it clicks in fast...Maybe staying in bed too long caused it, I don't know.

Date set for March 23rd for left hip replacement...

Girls, I sure hope and pray that this will be it and after I heal I will be able to walk outside more than a block or so. Good thing I do Water Arobics...They hurt but I just suck up the pain and go on.

I am wondering if the "tart warmers" would work in keeping Mu Shu Wraps warm? Any one out there know?

Cooked the Fried Califlower twice and girls it sure turns out to look like rice...and taste so very good...I use low sodium Soy sause in it. Any one else out there try it?

My best to all of you...Happy SB to all of you....Lu
Old 03-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #10  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies!

Laure - negative 10, wow! We've had a couple nice days, it was almost 60 yesterday and no rain. We're back to our normal rain today but hey, that's what Seattle is known for, right?

cottage - I don't feel comfortable driving in wintery weather either. When it snows here (not to often, thankfully) I try to stay home if I possibly can.

My hubby got home yesterday, after being at sea for several months, so I'm in a really good mood! I ended up standing on a pier for 6 hours with the kids yesterday waiting for the boat to get in and for him to be able to leave and ended up snacking on some cookies and a soda there, which wasn't great. We could only have a one-gallon sized ziploc bag with our belongings down there due to security and my bad was filled with diapers for the kids, no room for good snacks.

On a good note, DH is very supportive of me going back on SBD, we both enjoyed the healthier meals last time we were on it. He's also a very good cook and enjoys cooking (neither of those are true for me) so he's already pulling out some of our favorite SB recipes.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruthie, how do you manage to make a 'de-frag' sound dirty? I'm so glad to 'see' you!!! *human version of tail wagging* Love the plans to get Lucy to get you off the board. You are too amazing with all your activities!!! Hope it's a great day! Sadly, tart warmers would probably just burn butter tarts. They are used with wax tarts...like candles without a wick. You melt the wax tart in a dish that's held over a tealight candle. The melting wax smells SO good and it lasts for a long time. I have one that smells like cinnamon coffee cake and when I use it, it smells like I'm baking!

Cottage, about Raoul!!! I swear, you and Ruth are on the same wavelength... I hear you about the snow...though we aren't getting the amount you are. Hope you have a cozy snow day enjoying every decadent moment by yourself!!! It's not often that adults get a snow day...so you enjoy the heck out of it, girl!!! (we need a smilie with someone in a bathtub or something relaxing!)

Kiko, I hear you about exercise...I'm feeling like a lump! But I went to the gym yesterday and did the elliptical...I didn't do my normal really hard workout, but I worked out hard nonetheless, and felt proud of myself...until I was cleaning up the machine and realized the girl next to me, who'd been there before I arrived, was still going. *sigh* I need to stop judging myself so much! VBS is so much fun to do--DH and I help out with ours at church in the summers. We really enjoy being with the kids and doing something so positive!

Adia, sounds like a busy, fun day! I love Art history, but the tests are brutal...good luck!!! :luck: Be careful going up the hill today...the snow on top of the ice is yucky!!!

Jetsetter and the rest of you lucky warm people, enjoy that beautiful weather. Spring is coming....I noticed it was still light at 5 p.m. yesterday and almost did a happy dance!

Lubajo, we used to sell tart warmer-type things to keep butter warm when I worked at World Kitchen. They worked the same...a small dish on top with a tealight below it. I would think it would work for other food, too. But you might want to get one at a food store instead of a candle store so that you know the materials are safe for food. I love water aerobics...glad you're doing it! Hope to get my mom in the pool this summer...

Kestrel, congrats on hubby being home!!! That's great news!!! What a vigil you had to hold to get him back, though...it sounds grueling!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #12  

Wow. All of you with snow. I have the opposite problem here. It's been well over 80 degrees two days in a row and I took my usual walks but literally was dripping after each one and had to re-shower...not an easy feat with two little ones dancing all around the place.

I'm going to enter PII on Monday and I plan to start with apples. Is one apple one serving?

Hope everybody has a good day, and stay warm...or cool, as the case may be!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #13  
Working for the Cruise!

Shhhhhh! Keep it down ladies. I'm sitting in the rare book room at the college library. The only place you can find peace on this campus and here you girls are giggling about Raoul and tart warmers!

The Art history exam went well. My prof is new at teaching in the classroom setting, he teaches studio classes mostly. The test is 4 slides, 3 we know, and one we don't know. We interpret each of the pieces with what we learned from class and what we think about them. Not too difficult. Even if you don't know the name and the date you can still get in what you "feel" about it. Much different than last semester's stickler for names, dates, and 50 slides per exam professor.

Got to step aerobics today, Hurrah! Been out for a week with the car craziness, but stepped right back in and didn't have too much trouble learning the new stuff. Probably will head over to the Y in Elmira tonight to make up some missed classes.

MyThreeTots - One medium apple is a serving. Good luck to you!

Kestrel - So happy for you on the hubby being home!!!!

Lub - You are in my thoughts and prayers. BTW, Mu shu pancakes would do better with a warming plate! Tart warmers are usually about 1 - 3" in diameter. Congrats on the loss!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #14  

AidaFaith, I thought Raoul was the tart warmer. Congrats on a great exam! Have a good day.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #15  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

AdiaFaith - I'm glad your exam went well.

MyThreeTots - What do you do with your 2 little ones while you walk? My two are around the same age (9/04 and 7/06), I'm trying to figure out a good way to get some walking in with them.
Closed Thread