Old 03-07-2007, 07:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Help!!, I need a challenge

Help!!..i need a new challenge...i haven't been to WI since last Thursday..I had anticipated on going this morning, but I am embarrassed to go...I dont know it is TOM or due to the fact that I have been a little off track since Monday when i had the brownie and chocolate chip cookie on my birthday, but according to my home scale, I am up at least a pound...So, any ideas to get me back on track would be greatly appreciated, maybe a new challenge....Thanx

Linda
lacorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

YES!!! GO TO WEIGH IN!!! The only way you can get back on track is to do it. One day at a time. But you have to take the first step. Nobody likes to see the scale go up. And we really hate it when we know we went off plan. But it's going to happen. I don't know one person on this board, or anywhere else for that matter (OK, except for Evette maybe) that hasn't cheated, whether it was planned or otherwise. This is a learning process. If we could do this with no problems we wouldn't be overweight in the first place.

So you don't like the number you see on the scale and you wait a day or two because you are up .5 that day. Well the next WI comes and you're up 1lb. So you don't go because you will get it together and go in fresh on Monday and you will be good until then. But then something happens and you're now up 1.4lbs. It's so easy to ignore the 1lb than to get in to your COD and face the music, but that's what you need to do. One brownie and one cookie are not 3500 calories, which is what you need to ingest to put a full pound on your body. If you are having little BLTs that are adding up, if you are not following your plan, this is what your COD is there for. This is why you pay them. Go in there and tell them you are struggling and you need help formulating a game plan.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:57 AM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Linda - In my previous go-rounds with LAWL, the reason I quit was because I did exactly what Cassi said. This time around, I realize that this is for me, and what do I care what they think of me? I'm up a pound (or 7!!!) that's on ME. I will not let them cause me to feel any more guilt than I have alread put on myself. Also, inthe grand scheme of things, what's a pound anyway? Regular bodily functions can cause a change of a pound. I just smile and tell the counselors that I OK with what the scale says and OK with the plan (because I am) and will keep on keeping on.

As far as a challenge goes, there is a 6 week challenge happening, ends around Easter. I joined in late, and if you aren't in it yet, I'm sure you could too. Just set a goal and work toward it! C'mon in!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Check in chicks up for a challenge there are a few challenges going on. There is also beat the bulge that I do it is a points game for food and exercise.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=105550&page=7
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #5  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

there is a six week challenge on a few threads down.. you can join in anytime
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #6  

thanx girls..i went to WI...only up 3 oz...may be water..i am now on gold plan..hopefully will lose a little faster now...
Old 03-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #7  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Well, Linda, if you want to jump into the six-week challenge thread, you can start next week and either make it a four-week challenge or just extend it out by two weeks. It's working for me, at least...I hope it's also working for others!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #8  

will do that...thanx