Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default blue to purple

....they may be changing me to a plan lower than the blue, i think they said purple, which is one less starch and 1/2 less protein...why dont they give you the option of cutting out an la lite??...does anyone know what the la lite exchange is?

Thanks....LINDA
lacorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

There is no exchange for the lites . . . .you think they want you to buy less of them?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #3  
on LAWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacorso View Post
....they may be changing me to a plan lower than the blue, i think they said purple, which is one less starch and 1/2 less protein...why dont they give you the option of cutting out an la lite??...does anyone know what the la lite exchange is?

Thanks....LINDA
Hi Linda:
I just posted this morning about them changing me from purple to blue, and in fact, although you lose a starch when you go to purple, you will gain some protein depending on your choices. The vast majority of the protein in my purple book are at a higher volume than in the blue book. Plus you will gain a vegetable on the purple. I can't figure it out at all!

although there is no exchange for the lites, a counsellor at my COD told me the other day that they are about 200 calories. 10 minutes on the treadmill burns about 60 calories for me....
SandyG28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:12 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

My COD told me that it's either 2 Lites or no Lites.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Linda - Like JM and Wendy said, it's all or nothing with the lites. It is a business, and this is where they make most of the money. On the plus side, the lites do provide you with protein while giving you a sweet treat.

You will see that there are things that you don't like about the program, and that are stricter than the other programs. I've found that the best thing to do is to just do as the program says because it works. If you fight it, like by doing one lite a day, or little things like that, you won't get the most benefit from the program. Yes, WW is more flexible, but this program ensures you get well balanced nutrition on a daily basis. No program is perfect, but whichever one you choose, it's important to commit to it fully. The good and the bad. The things you like and the things you don't. That's what's going to keep you focused and successful.

Oh, and happy belated birthday!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #6  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

I was told 2 lites or nothing also.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #7  

thanx all...the la lites do help, but i think that once they are gone, i will just buy some luna bars or something like that...why is it all or nothing with the la lites????.....by the way....what is the replacement for TO??..what is the difference between that and FF...
Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #8  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100899

Here is the recipe for the TO juice substitute. You can also use 4 oranges.

Also, another sub for the lites is the Kashi Go Lean bars. Those are GOOD.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #9  

I believe it is all or nothing with the lites because it is part of the program that (a) they make their real money on; and (b) it is included in the nutritional and caloric makeup of the program so that if you did not do the lites you would be moved to a different plan.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 PM   #10  

thanx girls!!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #11  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Cassi,

This is my first day (plus two days on FF) on LAWL and I am already struggling. I looked at your numbers and they are so impressive! They put me on Gold but I seriously have been so hungry today that I felt lightheaded. I definitely don't have the energy to exercise. Can I ask what plan you are on and if you have any advice for a newbie who has been on WW in the past and is not used to restricted veggies?!!
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagal View Post
Cassi,

This is my first day (plus two days on FF) on LAWL and I am already struggling. I looked at your numbers and they are so impressive! They put me on Gold but I seriously have been so hungry today that I felt lightheaded. I definitely don't have the energy to exercise. Can I ask what plan you are on and if you have any advice for a newbie who has been on WW in the past and is not used to restricted veggies?!!
Make sure you are getting in all of your water...also, dont go salt free if your Blood pressure is naturally on the low side...my head spins like a merry go round when i am low on salt and water..and good luck...they just switched me to gold from blue...because i lose at a turtles pace
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #13  
Christine - Layla's Mom

S/C/G: 187/180/130

Height: 5'4"

Lacorso - I use the Peanut Butter Cookie Luna Bars and have been losing weight. They were impressed when I lost 6lbs in 5 days in the first week. I drink lots and lots of water too, which really helps. Good Luck!
candygirl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:50 AM   #14  

Vic - Thanks so much for the compliment, and welcome! I'm on purple w/lites right now, but I will be moving to gold once I can get 10 more darn pounds off!

Bottom line is the first few days suck. Can you post your menu for yesterday and today and some of us can help you? As Linda said, make sure you are getting your water in. Also, treat yourself to some herbal or flavored hot tea. A big mug of hot liquid will help fill your tummy. I've been using Celestrial Seasonings Blueberry lately and Lipton Vanilla Caramel Truffle. Both are available at the grocery store. Add a packet of Splenda and sip. Odds are you will feel a lot better when the mug is gone.

Another thing that we tend to do when we start this program is to save a lot of our food for the evening thinking that we will get hungry. You will be surprised when you trust the plan and space your food out more evenly. Take a look at the daily menu thread for some ideas too.

As for the veggies, this is probably not the right thing to say, but if you go over on your veggies, just stick with the green ones. Stay away from carrots and tomatoes as they are higher in sugar. I mean really, did you gain your weight from too much celery???

Hang in there and you will feel better. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #15  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Vic - Thanks so much for the compliment, and welcome! I'm on purple w/lites right now, but I will be moving to gold once I can get 10 more darn pounds off!

Bottom line is the first few days suck. Can you post your menu for yesterday and today and some of us can help you? As Linda said, make sure you are getting your water in. Also, treat yourself to some herbal or flavored hot tea. A big mug of hot liquid will help fill your tummy. I've been using Celestrial Seasonings Blueberry lately and Lipton Vanilla Caramel Truffle. Both are available at the grocery store. Add a packet of Splenda and sip. Odds are you will feel a lot better when the mug is gone.

Another thing that we tend to do when we start this program is to save a lot of our food for the evening thinking that we will get hungry. You will be surprised when you trust the plan and space your food out more evenly. Take a look at the daily menu thread for some ideas too.

As for the veggies, this is probably not the right thing to say, but if you go over on your veggies, just stick with the green ones. Stay away from carrots and tomatoes as they are higher in sugar. I mean really, did you gain your weight from too much celery???

Hang in there and you will feel better. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
Cassi,

Thanks for all the tips and help! The funny thing is that I normally would try to save for the evening but I didn't so I don't know what happened. I seriously had a headache for hours. Here is my menu from yesterday...thanks for offering to help:

8:30 AM: Latte (8 oz skim milk, sf vanilla syrup, 2 shots espresso)
9:30 AM: 1-1/2 eggs; 1 slice ww toast; 1 tsp butter
11:45 AM: 1/2 serving grapes
12:13 PM: Thai shrimp stir fry (2 oz shrimp, 1 cup veggies [green beans, mushrooms, cucumber]; 1/3 c. brown rice
2:00 PM: 1/2 serving grapes; LA lite
3:00 PM: 1/2 apple
4:00 PM: 1 C lettuce w/ lite dressing
6:00 pm: 1 serving grapes
7:30 PM: 6 oz grilled chicken; 2 c. lettuce w/ lite dressing
8:30 pm: LA Lite

As you can see, I just could not get unhungry so I ate every hour or so starting around 2 PM. I was not hungry when I went to bed at 11:30 but I did have the mother of all headaches. Do you think my body will get used to this or do you think I should talk to my COD about switching plans (I go in today at 2:00). I usually work out about 3-4 times per week but there was no way that was happening yesterday. No energy and felt foggy.

Have you always been on purple?

PS: Linda...thanks for the tip on the salt...my blood pressure is low so I will keep that in mind!
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote