Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weight Issues #50: Let's get back to sexy!!!

to the March 2007 Weighty Issues Thread. Are your New Year resolutions still on the front burner? If not, let's turn up the heat and get down to business. We've gotten through Valentine's Day and hopefully thrown out all the chocolates by now. Let's breeze through March and work our way to lean and sexy.

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast and the sunny Pacific .

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile . You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

So I started the new thread and thought I'd summarize my February. Weight loss wise it wasn't so good for me. A total of 2 lbs lost. But in my defense, I also had knee surgery so I wasn't exactly mobile. My eating wasn't stellar either so what more do I want? Anywhos, I am happy that I am 2 lbs DOWN instead of UP

With each therapy session I am getting more strength back into my leg and hopefully within this month I will be able to get back out there and pound the pavement, or at least take my poor doggie for a walk again. With that, I am again refocusing on FOLLOWING WW and fitting back into some of my smaller, more SEXY clothes

So what about you guys?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #3  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Noelle.

I hope you are doing well. I was thinking of you today as we are getting a big snow storm and I thought, wouldn't it be nice to live in Hawaii.
Take Care
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning,
The scales were fairly nice to me this morning. I lost 1 pound this week. But since I've been losing one week and then not the next since I've started, and this was a week I wouldn't have lost I'll take that 1 pound!

It's cold here again this morning. It was 0 when I got up and is up to 10 now! The belt broke on my dryer yesterday so I have clothes hanging around the house to dry today. I do have a clothes line outside but it still has snow all around it and at 10 degrees I just didn't want to go out and try to hang wet clothes!

Noelle, glad that you are feeling better. It can get frustrating at times doing the PT but before long you will be back to yourself again. I don't get back to see my Dad as much as I would like to but we try at least once a year. If Kansas wasn't between us it would only be about a 5 hour drive!! I've tried to figure a way to move Kansas but it just doesn't seem to work!!

Kempyd, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your pool in progress! I'll bet you are really excited. I know I would be. I think I'm going to get a small plastic "Kiddie Pool" this year for Ginger and Sissy. I'm putting in a picture of Ginger and I at my Dad's pool a couple years ago. She has her "Life Jacket" on. Anytime I went in the pool she had to come too!

Well, I think I'll finish my cup of coffee and then start my "walk" Hope you all have a Great Day! Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #5  

Hey guys!

It is actually chilly here today. We do have a high of 75 though and I am ready for that.

I can't beleive it is March and Noelle look a the # for the thread. 50!!!!! can you beleive we ahve been chatting that long. Even longer, both of us were on the thread that Christy started. I think about her sometimes and wonder if they were able to adopt and how her hubby is doing. Do you ever hear from her?

I choose not to recap my Feb. b/c there really isn't much to say in the weight depart. Oh, and the 10lbs thing, joe only has 4 lbs left JERK!!!!! 2days ago I had 8, now I have 9 left. Darn it! But, I have been working on positive thought and visualizing myself while I am working out and I am just going to keep doing that b/c eventually it will happen. It just has to.

Karen we had a kiddy pool for the dogs and they wouldn't go in it. They would much rather sit in the water in the culvert under the driveway. We ended up saving it for Echo and her puppies. YOu never got to see those pics. I will have to see if I saved any to a disk for you and post them. I see the pics and miss them and then I htink about the mess and stop right there!
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies, I tried posting yesterday and then the server got too busy so it bumped me off! I lost my nice long post. So anyway, I lost my 2 lbs that I gained last week so I'm back where I was 2 weeks ago . This week I am going to try really hard to keep journaling and watch what goes into my mouth.

Hi Ann, nice of you to stop in here. Maybe you can pop in once in a while and chat with us. I hope your temps are getting warmer for you.

Kempy, that sucks about Joe (the cheater!) losing so fast , but I am still rooting for you girl! Wow yeah, thread #50! I always think we've been around longer because I know the server crashed once and we lost count and started again. I haven't heard from Christy maybe more than twice since she stopped posting here. I do remember reading that she may have had a baby of her own, despite having thought they couldn't so that's wonderful for them. (i'll send you the link)

Karen, you always make me smile with pictures of your dogs. We all treat them the same way I think (like children). My lucky has a red backpack which she hates, but we make her wear it when she pulls too much when walking.

Cal, is Ashley getting better? What did the the doc say? Hope you guys have a nice relaxing weekend without any aches and pains.

OK Dips, it's the weekend. You better come out and say hi.

Hi to cw, ANGIE? and everyone else. Have a great weekend.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:09 AM   #7  

Ashley is finally doing better. Her fever went down yesterday and she even started giving me attitude again. I now know she is feeling better. Unfortunately, the penicillin upsets her stomach and so she's not eating very much, but she does drink water, gatorade, etc., so I'm not worried. She goes back to school on Monday, as do I. It's our last week before Spring break...I can't wait.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #8  

Hey guys. It sure was quiet around here over the weekend. I spen mine painting furniture. i thought I would give some of my old pieces new live instead of buying new things.

Noelle It looks like Christy had the baby herself. I am not really certain why her pics would be on the adoption site though.

Cal I am glad to hear that Ashley is feeling better. I guess she just had a resistant strain. I know that Ehco is only a dog but every time we have to put her on something it takes awhile to respond. She will get some sort of resistant strain of bacteria or fungus and hundreds of dollars later she is better.

Karen did you get any releif from the snow? It actually got down to 32 here the last 2 nights. I was worried about all of the new plants that I put in the ground. They made it though so I am happy.

I need to run and head to the store. I didn't get any groceries over the weekend so we are completly out of stuff for dinner.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #9  

Hello Ladies, We finally have sunshine!!! It is up in the high 50's today and I'm loving it!!! We are supposed to continue with the nice days through this week then Friday comes along and they are talking about another storm coming!!

Tim, my hubby, is home sick today with that "BUG" that is going around. He actually started it on Saturday but wasn't able to kick it. A friend of mine said that her friend has had it for over 5 weeks now!! I hope he is able to get rid of it before that much time goes by!! It seems like he ends up going into pneumonia if it lingers on to long.

I did get my 6 miles in walking with Leslie this morning. And this weekend I got 1 1/2 pound wrist weights to use with the videos. I used them this morning for the first time through the last mile. I figure since I'm doing 3, 2, and then 1, I would get used to it on the 1 mile then go to the 2 miles. I can sure feel that I have 1 1/2 pounds on each wrist when I do it!!

Cal, I'm glad to hear that Ashley is feeling better now. It is so good when kids start feeling better. Just hope it doesn't decide to run through the entire family! That is always a bummer.

Kempyd, glad to hear that your plants made it through the cold spell. Last year I put out a couple Geraniums in pots on each corner of the house. They had beautiful flowers on and looked so pretty. When I got up the next morning they had been "PRUNED"!! I asked Tim if he cut them back and he said no--- later I watched a deer jump our fence and come over and start chewing on one!! Now I know who did it!!!

Hi Ann, I don't think that I have talked to you before--- But I'm with you-- after all this snow in Colorado this year Hawaii really does sound nice. But then again Hawaii sounds nice anytime!

Well, guess I'd better go and get some work done. Except for my walking today I've been kind of lazy! I guess it must be all the sun!!

Hope everyone has had a good day and I'll catch you all later. Karen
Old 03-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #10  

Good Morning Ladies,
Well, I guess it was silly to think that I wouldn't get sick! I started getting this bug last night and don't feel so hot today. Pretty much drained. But I'm going to go and try to still get my walk in. I hope I can manage it because I really don't want to miss any days if I can help it.

My son is supposed to come up today and do some more on our roof. We are replacing it since we had hail damage last year. It has been a long process since it has only been him and my hubby working on it. I'll bet they don't try to tackle that job again!

Hope you have a good day and I'll check back later. Karen
Old 03-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #11  

Hey, I am home today and I thought I would play around with the camera to see if I can figure this resizing thing out. I think I got it. If these work I will take more pics of the house and some of the yard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0119.JPG (49.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0120.JPG (49.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0121.JPG (46.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 03-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #12  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, I'm stuck at work here wishing I was somewhere else. The weekend was good though, we did the family thing and went to a mandatory meeting for Michael's 1st communion class, then we went to lunch, then hung out at the park for a while. Therapy was killer as usual, and I got stiff over the weekend so they worked me extra hard yesterday, ouch! I have 3 more sessions then get evaluated to see if I have to do more. I think I'll have to go a little longer because I'm not getting rid of this limp.

Karen, sorry to hear your hubby is ill, and that you caught the bug too. Take care of each other. And hey skinny, you have to change your weight on your profile to reflect all those pounds lost!

Kempy I love your house! Especially the dark toned woods against the white, it's just beautiful. I'd love to see what you're doing to your yard too.

Cal, how are you doing today? Ashley back in school as well? PM or email me if you need to. Just get through one day at a time. Which reminds me, Michael is out on spring break come Friday--I can't believe it's the end of the 3rd quarter for them.

Well, I need to get some work done,I'll try and come back later. Have a good one.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #13  

Hello all! I did get manage to get my 6 miles in today But no guarantee that I will tomorrow! I'm really beat this afternoon. I just really wanted to do it if I could. Plus I did use the weights for the last 3 miles today Sure hope it helps!

Noelle, I wish I could change the weight on my ticker but that is what I weighed when I weighed last Friday. I hope I can move it more than 1 pound this week! But Thanks for calling me skinny!! I haven't heard that in 100 years!!! I hope the therapy realy helps and you get back to yourself real soon.

Kempyd, I loved seeing the pictures of your house!! It looks so nice just like a home in House Beautiful magazine!! I wish I had your decorating ability! I'll see if I can find some of our home and post. It isn't anything fancy but it's home.

Well, just wanted to stop in and say Hello to everyone. Guess I need to find something to fix for my hubby for dinner..... I wonder what he would think of Ramen Noodles!!! I couldn't do that to him!!
Take care. Karen
Old 03-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #14  

Ashley went back to school yesterday. I'm so glad she's feeling better, but I sure don't like her attitude at times. I still have 3 1/2 years before she becomes a teenager. I guess I'm getting a preview. (of course I work with tweens and teens every day...)

Noelle: Thank you for everything. We're on spring break after Friday as well. Ashley, too. I'll be off for 2 weeks and Ashley will be off for 1 week. We're not going anywhere...still saving up for the cruise this summer. We bought Ashley a new bedroom set and it will be delivered on Tuesday. That means that this weekend we'll be cleaning out her room and getting rid of the old furniture.

Karen: You are doing so great. You're becoming an inspiration to me. I'm on a plateau right now, but I'm hoping that things will move...down in the next few weeks. I might be going to Colorado this summer for a week or so. My grandfather's sister lives in Pueblo and she wants us to come and visit. I'm seriously thinking about goint in July. I told her we wouldn't go next week because there's too much snow to deal with. The closest we get to that stuff is TV!!

Kempy: Your house is beautiful. What a decorator you are. I, too, can't wait to see what you've done with the yard.

Dips: How is school coming? I hope everything is working well for you.

Hello to everyone else. Come out and play...

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 AM   #15  

Aw guys, you make me feel good. Thanks for the compents about the house. Noelle do the walls really look white? I was going paint them but now I know for certain I am. I have got to have color. And Karen, I think I am going to frame what you said.

Karen I hope you are not feeling bad today. You can still exercise if you have a head cold. But, if it is respritory you need to rest. You have been doign so good though that I don't think a break would push you back. I got your PM too. Thanks for thinking of me.

Cal we really didn't do too much to the yard yet. I change a few things that were here from the model home. We are waiting until the pool goes in to start to really work on the yard. We are very lucky in that we didn't have to do much. They put alot of money inthe ground since it was the model. Of course, I have to do a few things to make it my own. What is even more fun is taht my neightbors don't really know much about plants so I get to help them too. I love giving ideas and helping them at the plant nursery.

Noelle Joe and I were going to head out your way but the pool put a stop to that. I know that one year we will be able to meet. We were looking into that cruise around the islands you were talking about. I think our next few vacations will be spent in our back yard. Fine with me. It will be cheaper, I think.

I had to bring Joe to the bus stop this morning so on the way hoem I stopped at the gym and got my workout done. It feels good to have that out of the way. I did make a comment to the lady at the fornt desk thought about all of the kids. She said that there have been plenty of those coming in so maybe that means they will start to make some changes. I doubt it, but a gril can dream. I am leaving to get my hair colored soon so I will check back in later.