Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 10:56 AM   #1  

Post Begining Again

Merry Meet Everyone

I read a post this morning that brought back memories of an old habit I once had. The Starting Monday Syndrome. I'm sure we all have been there. Were at the beginning of the week we are going strong with our new life-style and way of eating, then as the week drags on, say around Wednesday or Thrusday, we are all back in our old habits. Well at least that was the way I was. Then to make matters worse, I would rationalize this with the thought of, "Well, what is the use, I have already blown it. I'll just eat what I want too this week (which was alot ) and just start over Monday. Well, for me, that Monday never did come till I changed my whole attitude. I taught myself that when I slip off the wagon, and I'm human, so I do slip, sometimes even fall face first. The moment I do that, I dust myself off, and gather my thoughts up, and begin again, that very day.

We have to remember the longer we put off beginning again, we can do ALOT of harm to our new life style.

So, when you do slip, no matter how small or how large, just remember, you are human, put that behind you, and simply start over.....dont put it off to a monday, or a first of a month....do it the next moment.

I wish you all luck with your weight loss and healthierr life.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:30 AM   #2  
a work in progress...

Hi Akasha...

It's funny you mention the old "Monday Morning Syndrome", (and we ALL have been there!) I start every Monday with that "well, it's Monday, here we go"...attitude...I have been doing OK with food choices lately. but there is just SOMETHING about Monday!

Anyway...this morning, I was sitting with my son as he was eating his breakfast before school...he only ate half of his roll with butter...
WARNING...WARNING...DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!
So I'm telling myself, when I rationalized, "well, this will just be MY breakfast!I'll count the points and move on." Easy, right? WRONG!! Not only did I eat that, but then the carb monster took hold of me and FORCED me to consume about EIGHT Pecan Sandies...I could feel a binge coming on...(coming on, ****! I was in the throes of one!) But I stopped, got out my points finder...calculated total damage done...(2 points per cookie=16 points/2 points for roll/2 points for margarine--->20 points!!! I have 13 points left for the day!!! But you know what?? I can do this. I WILL nip this in the bud, and not get carried away with guilt and the old,"oh Well, I Blew It Syndrome."

This is me...picking myself up, dusting myself off (those Pecan Sandies ARE crumbly!) and MOVIN' ON!

Thanks for listening...
Old 02-11-2002, 12:00 PM   #3  

Hey Kat ( I really hope you dont mind me calling you that)

Thanks for sharing that story with me. Oh, boy can I count the times I have did the exact same thing and still do, but what matters is..you stopped before the whole day was a binge, and that is what you need to concentrate on, not just one meal. So, you overate.....your human. I'm trying really hard today because I have to leave for work soon and wont be home till 11pm. That is when my binges kick in. I used to could go straight to bed, but now lately my 3 year old has become a regular lil nite owl, lol. Oh well. Here is to staying strong the rest of the day. Hang in there girl. You can do it.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:37 PM   #4  

Hey everyone! Hope ya'll have a good night. Mine was very tireing, but I managed to hang on to that old wagon. Its really hard not to have that binge when I get here from work at nite. Sometimes I think maybe first shift would be better for me. Well just wanted to wish everyone a good nite.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:47 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

Good Morning!

I just came in from work...managed to get through the night with nothing but a cup of yogurt...not that I had much time for anything else!

That is GREAT that you avoided the binge after work, Akasha! That is a hard shift to work AND control your eating !! I worked 3-11 shift years ago and would come home, pig out and then go to sleep...NOT GOOD!

This AM is weigh in @ WW...time to face the music for three weeks of NOT weighing in ...On top of that, I just got my period, so there's a good two lbs of bloat! That's OK, it will mean a better loss next week!

Gotta go, have a good day!
Old 02-12-2002, 08:07 AM   #6  

Good morning! I hope you have a great day. You are lucky your WI is of the mornings. I have to wait till 6pm for mine, so I have all the water and food intake, to deal with. I did the same thing you did, I waited like 3 weeks of skipping WI, then went back. I had gained 1lb then, but you know, I wasnt as disappointed as I thought I would have been. I mean, I was looking for at least a 5lb gain. I hope the scales are nice to you this morning, be sure and let me know how it went. I dont have to work tonite, which means, my eating will be better, but I wont get all the exercise in. I resently bought the Lelsie Sansone, Walk Away The Pounds Tapes. Those are wonderful. I'm struggling to get through the first one, but I know I can do it in time. Have a great day.
Old 02-12-2002, 09:11 PM   #7  

Well its time to take my own advice....I not only fell from the wagon today, I have skid marks where it ran over me...but time to get back up and dust myself off. I hope everyone has had a better day than me. I'm not even going to go into details, lets just say it was baaaaad. Well have a great nite everyone
Old 02-13-2002, 09:13 AM   #8  

Default Beginning Today...I thought ya'll might like this.

BEGINNING TODAY...

TODAY look in the mirror and notice that the person who greets you is beautiful, inside and out.

TODAY say to yourself that you know nothing is impossible. Remind yourself that every one of your dreams is within reach.

TODAY think about all of the people who love you, who see the beauty in you, and begin to look at yourself in the same way.

Lise Schlosser
Old 02-13-2002, 11:38 PM   #9  

Thumbs up

Tomarrow is my WI again, and I have been struggling so much this week, I am almost scared to go. I dont know what to do. Do I put it off another week, or go on tomarrow. I know I've gained, I would have too. Maybe I am a fool to think I can lose this weight, maybe I am just waisting my time and everyone else's. I'm too down to spend much time here. Hope everyone is having a better nite than I am.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:02 PM   #10  

Akasha,

I TOTALLY feel EXACTLEY what you are saying! I have 87 pounds to loose, and need to loose as least half of that by July (going to see my family eeks!) I have been doing great on my diet since January 1st. I was really looking forward to loosing enough weight this month to be down below the 200-pound mark by the beginning of March. The first week and a half of this month I lost another 5 pounds! That put me to 210 lbs! Only 10 away from being in the ONES! And for some reason the last few days I have gone crazy! We are already two weeks into this month and so far not only didn’t I loose more weight, I gained back the 5 pounds I lost this month! Now I am back up to 215!

I don’t know why I am struggling so much. I have been eating things I really don’t even like. It’s almost like a self-punishment or something. I can’t figure it out. It seems easy enough, right? Instead of pizza, have a turkey sand. Why is that so hard??? I sometimes think we sabotage our selves with out even thinking about it. Then we feel worse and just eat more, and more.

Well today I started anew! And I know you can do it too! When we feel the demon inside of us telling us to go and pig out we need to STOP! We are the ones in control! We are the ones that have to do this!

Next time you feel like going on a binge after work stop, RECONIZE IT, and do something nice for your self instead. Like take a bubble bath or polish your nails. This works for me sometimes. I wish you the best of luck! Remember you are not alone out there! You can do it!
feffy

235/215/128 (87 pounds to goal )
Old 02-14-2002, 03:20 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

akasha,
go weigh in and face the music...see what's the "damage" and move on. One thing I have learned is that we are so afraid to face the weigher, thinking that she's thinking, "ooh, what a bad girl, she gained!" You know what?? It doesn't matter WHAT she's thinking, you are doing this for YOU and no one else. If you had a bad week, face up to it and move on! I find that if I skip a weigh in becaise I've been BAD, it just gives me that many more days to be bad before I HAVE to start to be good again!

Do you self a favor and weigh in. I did this week, I gained 4 pounds. I hadn't been there in 4 weeks. (see what i mean?) I'm "facing the music", I am re-committed and I look forward to next week's weigh in.

Come on...it's not a waste of time, improving yourself. It's the best thing you can do for yourself and your son!

Hang in there!!
Old 02-15-2002, 07:21 AM   #12  

Kat,
I hear you...and I did just that. Although I managed to maintain this week, thats not good enough anymore. I want to see those scales start sliding downward! Today is my re-dedication to WW and to my plan, and I'm going to make it work for me. I'm not going to stay here too long, but I do have other good news....I got the job!! I'm so happy about that.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:25 AM   #13  

Feffyy,
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I'm glad you posted up here. I was beginning to feel like a loner. I know there isnt many who respond to this post, and people wonder why I still have it going, but I need it. I know that if this thread is up, I'm going to come here and account for what I did, so even if I'm the only one on it, Its helping me. Hope you have a great op day and welcome.
Old 02-15-2002, 09:23 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

Hey Akasha!

Good for you!!! I'm so proud of you! I would have been VERY happy with "just" maintaining, but I do understand that need for the positive reinforcement of a loss. It's just that we cannot resort to getting down on ourselves if there is no loss that week. If we keep doing the RIGHT things, the loss will come. My first instinct if I gain is to say, well I blew that, might as well keep eating! WRONGO!!! In order for us to be successful, we have to keep trying, every minute of every day...all the little successes will eventually add up to what we want most in the world, but it has to come from within, no one can do this for us.

I always feel like I'm lecturing on this thread...if I am, it's as much to me (probably more so!) as to any one else! WE CAN DO THIS!

Congrats on the job! Same thing? Boy, i'm in the market for something new...this night shift is really starting to get to me!

Hi feffy! Welcome to our little group! OH...to be in the "ones" again! The last time I was in the wonderful ones, was my first visit to the obstetrician when I was pregnant with my daughter. I weighed in at 199! (I thought I was SOOOO fat...)if I knew then what I know now...by the way, my daughter just turned 16 in December!!!! I officially declare, right here, right now, that I WILL see the ones again before this year is out! That is a promise! 59 lbs to 199!!

Gotta run...lots to do AND get some sleep...going into Manhattan tonight to see "Les Miserables" with my daughter...we're taking the train in, then we have to walk about 12 blocks. Always looking for a way to sneak in some exercise! I know she'll whine for a taxi, but maybe I'll allow it only for the way back to Penn Station...it really is cold outside!!

Have a great day girls...remember, IT'S FRIDAY!
Old 02-15-2002, 12:32 PM   #15  

Thanks for making me feel welcome you two! Nice to meet you both!

I am in a great mood this morning! Yesterday I got back on track, did wonderful on eating, and wore my AB-energizer belt twice for 40 min apiece. When I woke up this morning I weighed again, and the 5 pounds are gone again! I think it must of been water weight or something.

How was Valentines Day for the two of you?

Akasha, yes, keep posting, I think that just hearing yourself sometimes helps! I know what I am feeling of course but reading it has a different impact. Makes it more real or something, don't know. And congrats on your new job!

Kat, how long have you lived in NY? I would love to go and visit the city some time. I know what you mean about feeling fat at 199 When I delivered my daughter I weighed in at 194 pounds! I felt like a big fat pig. And I had an 8 pound baby in me! I know before the year is over you will reach your goal! Keep it up! And hope you enjoyed the show.

feffyy
235/210/128 (82 pounds to goal )
Closed Thread