South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:56 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Talking Tuesday Chick Chat

The teapot and coffee pot is on.......Whats happening in your part of the beach today??????
Old 03-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

L.C.,, thanks for getting us started. How are you feeling this morning? I hope you start feeling better soon. Take care of yourself.

I have the morning off, but I have a lot of paperwork to do for re-financing our house, so I'll be occupied with that. The afternoon will be busy with dance and piano lessons, but at least it will go by quickly. I have a Turkey Meatloaf defrosting for supper and I need to pick up a fresh cauliflower to make smashed cauliflower to go with it. When I get the chance, I want to try Sue's, recipe for the "Fake Bread" that she posted yesterday. It sounds interesting.

What's everyone else doing today?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

Cottag- Thanks I am feeling a little better today, this has made me think that life is to short and I need to start thinking about me and make me first on the list. So I finally gave my notice last night at the store, I told them that I would work til the end of march and then I am done. I am just tired of being tired. Sorry to ramble on, but really thanks for asking.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #4  

Morning LC and Cottage!

LC I really do hope that everything is okay. You don't sound good. Here is a hug from Texas.

Cottage Missed ya yesterday! You are so good to have meals frozen ahead of time- I know I would be more with it if I did. Maybe once DH is home on the weekends it will free up some time for me. I think that if I did 2-3 meals on Sunday afternoon that would totally set me up for success.

Me- We had a fun day yesterday- it was gorgeous weather. We played outside for a good bit of the afternoon. I am starting to get my flowerbeds ready for some spring planting. I am not going to plant too much this summer as we are still under watering restrictions in this area, so I won't be able to take care of the flowers like I would want to. I will still plant some though, because it makes to house look so cheery. We were totally surprised by DH who got home at 4:00. We played and then treated ourselves to dinner out. We don't do that often, so it was a great (and not OP) dinner.

Not a ton on the agenda for today, a few errands and then home to clean. I am having my team from school over tomorrow, so need to get rid of some dust bunnies!

For now, more coffee is needed.....
Old 03-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #5  
Working for the Cruise!

Thanks Little Chick for putting the coffee on. Good for you to take time for yourself! I left my job in October and though I'm slowly working my way back in I'm glad I didn't just stay on. Boss appreciates me more now than ever.

Morning to you Cottage! Your day sounds like it'll be a quick one! Good luck on the paperwork. Dinner sounds lovely, can I pull up a chair?

I'm back to playing nanny. The kiddo in my charge got up late as he got in from Toledo late last night. So we were twenty minutes late for school after we finished the homework he forgot to tell his mom about.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday as we got hit with a snow squall. Wind at -20° last night. There was no way I was walking that mile in that! So I stayed home and got caught up on cooking. I made oven fried chimichangas, posted the recipe in the forum, and stuck them in the freezer. Also made some SF chocolate pudding mix and roasted a turkey breast. Today I'm going to portion that out for different dishes I've been planning.

I'm waiting for Megan to arrive so we can hit Curves at 10. Then I'm at the YMCA from 3-5:30 with the kiddo. He has gymnastics, which gives me plenty of time to work out!

I've got plenty of homework to get to in between there. Grilled chicken salad for our usual Tuesday lunch. Dinner tonight....something with turkey!

In other good new, I'm 4 lbs down today! WOOT!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #6  
Working for the Cruise!

Morning Kiko! Nice to have a night out on the town every now and again! I wish I could plant flowers here, but alas, it's an apartment complex. I have to stay happy with my jade plant. Probably the best plan I've ever owned, only have to water once every two weeks during the winter months!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:28 AM   #7  

LC Good for you to decide to put yourself first! It took me a long time to realize I needed to do it and when I finally did, it made a huge difference in my life.

Kiko Please send some of your weather here to Chicago.

Cottage Is the recipe for your meatloaf posted on the boards? I've been looking for a good one, but the ones I've tried have not been tasty.

Adia I wish I had your exercise motivation!! YGG!!

Me Things are going well. I spent a quiet evening at home cleaning up a bit and watching this new show, The Black Donnelly's. It's a little violent, but I like it. Very Soprano's-esque, althought it focuses on the Irish mob, not the Italian mob.

The scale this morning had me under 220 (!!!!) but I'll give it a few days before I make it official.

Xbf is back over tonight to move out more stuff. Luckily, our relationship didn't end badly and we can still be in the same room with each other.

Well, I need another coffee and must get back to work.

Have a great day!!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #8  

I'm finished wading through all that paperwork, now I'm having problems FAXing it in!

Anna, the recipe for the meatloaf is in the first SBD cookbook. It's a good one that I use often.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Morning all!! I'm off today - HURRAY! I have to clean our bedroom and then I'm scrapbooking! I finally have some time to do it & I'm excited!!! I have about 5 to do before April/May (plenty of time, right?)
LC - Take care of yourself...we love you!!
Cottage - sorry about the paper work...let us know how the recipe goes.
Kiko - sounds like you had a blast yesterday.....planting flowers?? I'm still freezing my behind off up here!
Sarah - have fun at Curves, I'm cancelling my account. Not a fan of the gals that work there. Will have to try your recipes.
Anna - HI, I will cross my fingers for you & the scale gods. You will get there. I'm 7lbs away from onderland.....ahhh it's soooooooooo close!!!
I'm off to do my chores, hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #10  
Ready to Change

Thanks chicks you are making me feel alot better, I have started a vitiam plan and after 3 days I am already starting to feel better. Of course I started my TOM as well so that could have been part of the emotional rollercoaster I am on. Now if I can just get rid of this cold I am sure I will on the road to recovery. Love ya chicks. LC
Old 03-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #11  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello, Beach Chicks! Yes, I'm alive and mostly well. Didn't mean to worry anyone.

February was an odd month. Ran out of antidepressants toward the end of January and thought I could survive without them...I was wrong. Got off track with all sorts of things. Managed a net gain of a pound (was up by 6 at one point ).

Think I'm back on track now with the diet. Working on getting more social. I actually had a date on Saturday! Hired a babysitter and the whole 9 yards. Oh, I hired the same lady to clean my house, too...it's a more than I can handle right now. I'm also working on launching a new business, so that keeps me busy busy busy. Working 40-45 hours at my real job plus grabbing every spare moment I can get at home for "the project."
Old 03-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #12  

No time to post to everyone. I made it to the gym again last night. That felt good. Tonight, I will make it to the first part of a den meeting and then on to the District Committee Meeting. I need to report on the status of Twilight Camp plus two of my patrol members are getting their beads tonight. That is the graduation of the Wood Badge program.

I'm still concerned about getting the registration packets ready for the Roundtable on Thursday. The state has still not approved the questions for the walking den leaders (chaperones) to answer so I can't print out that part of the packet. I am printing out the first 6 pages (60 copies) so at least some of it will be ready. Then everything gets stuffed into envelopes for each pack. This is cutting it way too close and I'm worried we won't have an answer from the state.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #13  

Jet it's good to see you posting again
Old 03-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there!

The techies tested my modem and all is well. However, my connection is still way too slow - slower than dial-up - and we've yet to resolve the problem. I keep losing my connection too! Not a happy camper the past two days!

Darn that Meg and her post this morning! I was trying to keep my relationship with the #1 Cabana Boy a secret! He sure pours a good pink drink though.

I managed to read most of yesterday's daily but lost my connection before I could post to say that it's nice to see two of our West Coast chickies joining us. Aimee and Lubajo, I don't think you can blame your three pound blip on Mamajok!

Little Chick, thanks for starting us up today and congratulations on making yourself a priority. You've had a rough couple of months!

Cottage, I need to settle down to some major paperwork tomorrow. I've been messing around with the Internet problem for the past two days!

Kiko, will you please stop telling me about flower beds! We have a good 12 inches of snow and the windchill this morning was -36C. WHen it gets that low, F and C are nearly the same.

AdiaFaith, I did get the recipe for my approval but couldn't get in. Shall I assume it's for six servings? And congrats on the 4 pounds down.

Ananrenee, I'm glad you and XBF are Ok together. Situations like that can sure lead to a lot of tension. Good work on the scale change - I'm hoping for you that it sticks! Shhh! I'm related to The Black Donnellys.

Soon, it must be nice to have a day at home. I'm sure you'll get those scrapbooks done.

Barb, I'm sure you will get all that Scout stuff done on time, you overachiever you!

Jet, so nice to see you back posting. We've been worried about you.

Hershey and I go to do pet therapy at the nursing home in about an hour. I may dress like her and wear my fur coat although it's not politically correct. In this climate we need fur sometimes! I doubt that the dear old souls will be spraying me with green paint!

Here's hoping I make it back in here tonight or tomorrow morning. Have a good evening and stay warm if you are in this cold snap. We are supposed to have better temps by Friday or the weekend.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #15  

Ruth, I hope your computer problems are over soon. In the meantime try not to overdo the pink drinks, eh?

It's colder than freezing here, especially with the brutal winds! And now we're expecting 2 - 4 inches of snow tomorrow. After our couple of days of 60* last week, I was thinking winter was over. Oh well, at least we're not looking at 12" of it like Ruth is!

Jet, I'm so glad you finally showed up, we were really concerned about you! Sounds like you had a pretty rough time of it lately, and I hope things are better now.
Closed Thread