Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-05-2007, 08:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Default One more time

I've tried losing weight a lot. I started seriously last year about January, and I actually lost almost 20 pounds by August. I've since gained all but 4 back. I've decided that part of hte problem was that I was not looking long term. I've started doing little things with will power, like not chewing my nails, putting lotion on everyday...little things that are "pampering and taking care of yourself" type things. I've slowly been trying to eat healthier, but I've let my portion and calorie control get out of control. I'm trying to use Fitday again everyday and get myself back on track. Things at work have evened out again, so there is MUCH less pressure, so I am going to kick my butt in gear and go back to the gym everyday, or at least do Taebo.

I guess I just need encouragement and someone to tell me I'm headed in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help!

V
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hang in there grumble...we're all in the same boat. Def. start journaling...really helps me. And taebo or any form of exercise will work. Just remember that slow and steady wins. Start doing little things that you will be doing for life. This isn't a "diet" it is a lifestyle change. If you change things over time and keep them that way...you will be more successful. Definately give it time...on those days i feel myself "slipping" i remember how great i feel when i'm active and eating healthy and getting lots of water. i have more energy and more spunk. You can do it!!!! good luck.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

Losing weight and then gaining it back is such a bummer! I feel like if there was a Queen of yoyo dieting I would be it (not something I'm proud of). I've weighed from 150-190 and it is always because I don't make the lifestyle changes I do temporary fixes. This time around my goal is to lose it and then the hardest part... keep it off! I also struggle with portion control and the best way for me to stay on track is calorie counting. Writing down and journaling is also a big help in keeping track of your progress and finding your weakness. Exercise is key in losing weight (I love working out in the morning because it boosts my energy and motivates me), try to do things you enjoy so you don't burn out. You will find all the support and encouragement in the world here and everyone will give you great advice! Good luck!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:11 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You are headed in the right direction!!

Been there--lost and then regained--but changed my ways. I've realized it's not just "until I lose the weight" and then back to my "normal" ways--which is how I gained. DUH!!! Am doing well so far--and you can too.

Stick with it! FitDay is a helpful tool--I always list everything I eat, even when I know I'm not going to like the bottom line. It's called "accountability" and it helps me stay with my plan.

I love Tae-bo but I got too heavy for it. Now I can do it again, even though I huff and puff a bit. I do the "over 40" version.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:18 PM   #5  
Ilerjo

S/C/G: 268/191/146

Height: 5'7"

Your in the right place for suppport.I'm sure most of use lost and gained.Just dont give up.If you make a wrong turn just start all ove again.Just dont give up.
IlerJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/205/150

I know what you mean!

I'm there myself too, I've lost some weight these past years and now 'm trying again. It hasn't been that easy but we can do it, I'm sure.

You'll find lots of support and inspiration here, so come in often ^_^
Vega Botain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #7  

Default Trying Again, Too

I too am starting again. A few years ago, I lost 60 pounds on Weight Watchers. It really was quite easy and I kept it off for about 2 years. Then 45 pounds slowly crept back on. I can't quite figure out how to stay healthy and thin and still be at every softball, baseball, basketball, and football game for my kids. It seems like every activity takes place over the dinner hour and I end up eating things that I shouldn't! I live in a smaller community and can't quite face going back to Weight Watchers so have decided to try it on my own. I am hoping that the support from this website will help motivate me.

Good for you losing 3 pounds already. I hope that I can get going too. Stay with it and remember that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. I try to say that to myself every chance that I get!
MyTime2LoseAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:56 PM   #8  

Hey Grumble

Nice to meet you. I since started my diet journey once again and this website is lots of helps. Hope to see you around.. Dont be a stranger.
Miss Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:32 AM   #9  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Grumble! By now you're probably beginning to feel right at home, right? Listen, honey, I'm sixty years old, I've been up and down between 140 and 190 all my adult life, and have probably lost - and regained - a thousand pounds if you add them all up. For the past few years, I've been telling myself that it just doesn't matter anymore....I'm OLD! I DESERVE to be tubby if I want to, don't I? Well, it turns out that even at MY age, being tubby doesn't feel like much of a treat. So here I am, starting out again, too! Look at what all the folks here have been able to do! Wow! C'mon, chickie, you & I can do it too! In all my years of dieting, one thing I've learned is that losing weight is something that you simply have to MAKE UP YOUR MIND to do, and then you do what you have to do to get it off. What we have to do now is MAKE UP OUR MINDS not only to lose it, but to lose it for GOOD!
Have a great day!
Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote