Old 03-05-2007, 06:58 PM   #1  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Default Can one of you oldbies explain the science of Fast Forward to me?

Im just curious...if I throw everything Im planning to eat into fitday for my first day of fast forward tomorrow, I come up with like 800 calories...that doesnt seem to be a good thing...isnt that what might throw a person into starvation mode??? My normal is 1200-1400 per day. Will 2 days of Fast forward be harmful in any way???
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

are you doing fast forward, which is unlimited proteins and green veggies, plus juice or 4 oranges, or are you doing Take off, which is much more limited? I do not think FF will hurt you..........but if you don't want to do it, don't. FF will not determine if you are successful on LAWL by any means......it is just a jump start. If you don't feel comfortable with it, just skip it and start OP right away
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Also, two days will not throw you into starvation mode. That's why it's only two days. But, as Nicole said, if you don't want to do it, don't. You can still be successful.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #4  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

No, I do want to do it...I had good results before, I was just concerned that the calories seem so low is all, thanks!
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good luck on your fresh start!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I don't know about the science behind it, but I can tell you, psychologically at TO (or FF) controls my carb/sugar cravings. Also, when you finish TO, you are thrilled to be able to eat the food that's on the plan. It keeps me from feeling like I'm limiting my foods. The carb/sugar craving thing is really neat though, because for me... they are GONE after a TO. Odd.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #7  

On TakeOff (TO) are you only allowed One protien choice? I'm supposed to start it on Monday, but I forgot to ask that question at my last weigh in.
Is it better to do TO or Fast Forward? Is the FF so you don't freak out that you have to limit intake all of a sudden when you start on the Plan?
Thanks guys!
Unmei79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
I don't know about the science behind it, but I can tell you, psychologically at TO (or FF) controls my carb/sugar cravings. Also, when you finish TO, you are thrilled to be able to eat the food that's on the plan. It keeps me from feeling like I'm limiting my foods. The carb/sugar craving thing is really neat though, because for me... they are GONE after a TO. Odd.
I agree 100%. ZERO cravings after FF!! I have watched my DH and kids eat ice cream, girl scout cookies, pecan pie, potato chips, and other yummies over the last few days and I have not craved even one bite. and I keep telling myself that I am not going to take even one single nibble for fear that it will raise the ugly head of all those cravings.

I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow. it will be the end of my first week back!

Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:39 AM   #9  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

FF and TO basically shock your system and give you a fresh jump start. That is really the only reason for it. They have you do it when you start, to confuse your body so it will drop the water weight faster that first week. You really only need to do TO if you are having bad carb cravings like the other chicks said or if you have gone off plan and want to jump start your body. FF is unlimited protein, veggies and some fats, NO bars. TO is more limited with the bars. Yes, they do suggest that you eat the same protein for the 2 days of TO. The first time I did TO, I about chewed my arm off I was so hungry, now I really don't have any problems at all doing it.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote