General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Anyone from Georgia?

Hi 3FC friends! Hubby and I are seriously thinking of moving out of Florida and into Georgia. Housing prices and insurance rates are just too much in our area and we really need something a little bigger. We are considering the Dallas or Powder Springs area. What can you tell us about this area or Georgia in general?
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #2  
sfj

HI.
We just recently moved from southwest florida (Naples) to southwest Ga.

im not very sure about things in north ga though. I love it here. I have family in the area. the cold still kinda gets to me once in a while though.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

I've never been to Georgia, but my cousin did live there and she wasn't a fan, she said its been her least favorite place of everywhere she has ever lived. Her and her husband have since settled in NC in the Chapel Hill area and love it there.
Sorry I can't be more help...I'm a total northern girl
Old 03-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm in SE Alabama...right on the SW Georgia border...
Old 03-05-2007, 09:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i live in SE ga...the low country...savannah to be exact. However, we are looking to move to an area similiar to you...actually marietta. From what i've seen the dallas/powder springs area is very cheep to live....but WARNING!!!!! if you have to drive anywhere...be prepared for a horrible commute. The rule to living around the atlanta area...live near where you work. So most ppl that live in the dallas/powder springs area that have to drive more than 10 miles usually have a long commute since there aren't many road....also if you have to get on the interstate at any time...atlanta traffic is pure ****. So if you work at home, no problems...but if you are going to work some where in the metro atlanta area...be prepared for a commute (usually anywhere from 1-2 hr depending on where you are going).
Old 03-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #6  
sfj

When I went to college I went to school in Macon. It was nice there. We would go to Atlanta sometimes and yuck the traffic!

I liked Naples. I lived there my whole life. But it just got to expensive to live there anymore. I miss the mall we had. Moultrie has none. But we can drive to Tallahassee in less than an hour. With traffic in Naples it took about 35 minutes to get to the mall.

I love being in a smaller town though.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the responses! Fortunately, Hubby and I both work from home for our company. We decided to work from home because of Tampa traffic. Although, it does sound like Atlanta traffic is even worse!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:16 AM   #8  
sfj

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Thanks for the responses! Fortunately, Hubby and I both work from home for our company. We decided to work from home because of Tampa traffic. Although, it does sound like Atlanta traffic is even worse!
LOL they have a lot in common. Full of one way streets.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #9  

I live in North Georgia, about 60 miles north of Atlanta. I have a sister that lives in Powder Springs and my parents live on Tybee Island. The traffic in Atlanta IS terrible. My sis has always just worked on the west side close to where she lives. My dh works even further north than where we live and I work at a local school. I love this area, of course this is where I was born and raised. This time of year is awful with pollen though!!
Closed Thread