Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:54 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile WELCOME! Thin Wannabee's Weekly Chit-Chat (Mar 1 thru Mar 10)

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

It’s 2007! Come join our weekly chit-chat! We look forward to meeting YOU!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 03-03-2007, 12:59 AM   #2  
CJ

Oh gosh - I've really been slipping here on starting new weekly threads! So sorry - Hope everyone is doing well - I am a happy camper this week. My monthly weigh-in and measurements at Curves was Wednesday and even tho my weight stayed the same my measurements were down 1 1/2 inches - so total of 14 1/5 inches gone since July! Something's working! I've been walking 2 miles a day at the Sports Plex after Curves so this non-exercising kid is getting in exercise! For all of you that know me - don't faint! LOL

Well, I just wanted to get this thread going so will pop in tomorrow and post more. Hope to hear from everyone - NEW MEMBERS WELCOME!

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 03-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #3  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Well according to the bathroom scale Friday morning I was down 2 lbs. which puts me back where my ticker has been all along. I've got to loose 3 lbs by next Mon. to meet my spring break goal.

I plan to do that by keeping my calories down and exercising in some form or fashion every day. DS is getting so big that just hauling him around is getting to be exercise. WHEW!!!

Things are pretty crazy around our house. DH was 4 months old last week and we're just finally getting around to getting his room ready. We've re-done the ceilings, fixed some electrical issues, painted and are installing trim. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be shopping for ceiling fan/light fixture and carpet. YEA!!!

Well I'm off to feed DS and give DH a hand with some trim work. Hope you gals are doing great!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #4  
You can do it!

S/C/G: 145/141/125

Height: 5'8

Default Our downfall...

Hi all! I am new to this site and hope that via my converations with you I will be inspired to lose some wieght! I posted my bio in the introduction forum, but I am not sure if it took.

I am interested in knowing more about the groups members, so if you do not mind me asking, what incident most significantly contributed to your weight gain? For me, it was turning 21. I love beer way too much and have a bit of difficulty consuming it in moderation. It shows in on my waistline and in some of my relationships. I hope that I will have the dicipline necessary to make better life choices. Also, what about this website has helped you? What, if anything, would you chage? Thanks in advance for your responses and your support!

Cheers!

Old 03-04-2007, 09:05 AM   #5  
HJC

S/C/G: 232/232/160

Height: 5'10"

I am also new to this site. The biggest thing about the site that I like is I am not alone in this battle. I was always chubby, but after I had my daughter I was up to 286. I lost 100 Lbs, but gained half back. I'm not a beer drinker, but I love my wine and the get togethers with friends. My husband and I go all out when we have friends over. Even if it is just another couple, we have so many things to eat. We love to cook and we love to show it off. My husband is in great shape. He has never had a problem with weight. I hate that he wears smaller clothes than me. I'm the girl!! Drives me crazy. He's my biggest supporter, though. Couldn't do it without him. I think the website will keep me honest. No more BS, it is time I took responsibility for gaining the weight back and I think this site will help me do that.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #6  
Lil' Momma

Welcome slapacka and HJC. I think you will both enjoy being a part of these forums. They are great support and keep you motivated.

HJC-Sounds like you definitely have the right attitude about taking responsibility and doing something about it. Having a supportive DH is a great assett in your efforts. Best wishes to you and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Slapacka-I understand how beer can make you put on the weight. I watched it happen to almost every guy I was friends with in college. However, you say that it affects some of your relationships. That's a red flag for me that beer might be causing you more problems than weight gain. Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. I think you'll find that everyone here has different reasons for gaining weight and different motivations for wanting to loose it. For me, I've always been heavy. There was no one precipitating event. I was a pudgy kid, a heavy teen, and a fat adult. So, since I've now had a baby and been diagnosed with type II diabetes, it's time to shed this weight and become a healthier person for myself and my family. I'm also at a very high risk for breast cancer and being overweight is just one more contributing factor. So, while this is something I should have taken care of as a younger person, I now have the motivation I need in the form of a wonderful DH and the sweetest DS ever. Good luck to you!!

As for us, it's been a busy weekend. We're about to get done with DS's nursery. It's been a long journey. I don't think it will be complete this weekend but next weekend for sure. Which is great because it means I can spend spring break decorating it. YEA!!!

I have finally gotten up off of my butt and started exercising. I have made a promise to myself to exercise in some form from now until next Monday, which is the 1st day of spring break. I'm DETERMINED to get rid of that 3 lbs before spring break. I'll be rewarding myself with a cute new outfit when I finally get to that 10lb mark and spring break would be a great time to do it.

Well gals, I'm off DS is requesting sustenance, loudly.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #7  
You can do it!

HJC

Welcome! It is good to see another newbie! The support on this site seems pretty fantastic and I love it keeps us honest. It awesome that your husband supports you in you endeavors to lose weight. Keep going and soon may be swimming in his clothes!

4me4ben4will

Even your screen name seems inspirational! You go! I appreciate your honest feedback. I am aware that sometimes I love beer a bit too much and I hope that via the support on this site I will be able to make the appropriate cutbacks. Hey, we all have our addictions right? You have some great reasons to want to lose weight. I admire that you are taking steps in the right direction. I wish you the best of luck with you spring break goal (picture yourself a couple of years from now with a killer bikini body basking in the sun! ) and in completing the baby’s nursery. Keep us posted!

Old 03-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #8  
You can do it!

Default My Goals

They say it helps to write down your goal, so here it goes. During the weeks left until Easter, I want to...

1) Exercise in some shape or fashion 5 times per week.
2) Allow myself to eat whatever I want as long as it is not fast food (I gave it up for Lent) and I do not eat out more that once a week.
3) Limit my alcohol consumption to one six pack a week (this will be the tough one!).
4) Check into this forum and give my updates at least three times per week (sorry if I talk your ear off!).

That is it. Wish me luck!

Hopefully I will be able to relax enough to make my goals!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/170/158

Height: 5'9"

ok I am doing 5 days a week of exercise... ouch! Don't feel like I am burning enough calories, but I just do not have enough time in the day at all!
Friday the scale was nice, but after this weekend and being curious it was not nice at all this morning! I am going to stick to my once a week weigh in and leave it at that! Want to lose 5 pounds before the end of the month! Going to be hard since I am also going to quit smoking tomorrow, but I have to do it! I have around 10-15 pounds left to lose and I want it gone! I have worked hard to get under 200 pounds and now I just want to eat! Ordering girl scout cookies was not a good idea! back on track this morning!
Hope you all are doing well with your goals! We can do it!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #10  
Lil' Momma

Unhappy

Hey gals,

Slapacka-sounds like you have set some awesome goals for yourself. You are definitely headed in the right direction.

Becky-you sound so determined! With only 15lbs to go, don't quit now! You've done awesome. And, best wishes on your decision to quit smoking. I never knew just how hard that really was until my hubby started trying to quit the 1st of the year. He's still trying. Bless his heart, it's not going well and having a baby around isn't helping much.

As for me girls, I think I'm going to have to abandon my spring break goal. I'm back up to 175 and I just don't see me loosing 5lbs in 7days. This is two missed goals now and I'm getting really discouraged. Those first 5lbs seem to be all my body wants to give up. I didn't eat great over the weekend but I walked a mile sat and sun. I was hoping the two would balance out and the scales would either move down or stay put but *nope* they moved up 2lbs over the weekend, back to the dreaded 175. Today is one of those days I just wanna give up. That voice in my head is saying things like, you're fat, you're always gonna be fat, why torture yourself, this is just who you are, accept it. The CiCi's pizza buffet is calling my name. Instead, I'm gonna be good. It's chicken tacos at my house tonight. I was good at breakfast and at lunch. I'm gonna go do some strength training in the school's wellness center before the end of the day. I really need to get back to putting my calories into fit day. I know I would hold myself more accountable if I did.

Well, I'm off.
Hope you gals are doing better than me today
Old 03-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #11  
HJC

S/C/G: 232/232/160

Height: 5'10"

Hey Lil' Momma, dont' give up. I've been giving up for the last year and I put 50lbs back on. You can do it!!! One thing I have learned is to recognize those evil little thoughts telling me I am what I am and nothing will change. You've got to start telling yourself that you are worth it, your DH is worth it and your beautiful DS is worth it. I know plateaus are so very painful. I've always been told to up my workouts, maybe a higher weight or more reps. The weekends ususally get me too. I am way to relaxed on the weekend, especially with food.

I am quitting smoking as of right now. I told myself that I would finish my pack and that is it. I smoked my last one on the way home from work. My husband bought peppermints to suck on for his cravings. I bought the Nicorette (which tastes horrible). I think I'm going to have to white knuckle this one. I don't want to eat everything in the cupboards - which I normally do anyway. I did get a Reeses today at work -- I saved it for my husband!!! Good Girl Hil!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #12  
You can do it!

Well...I am happy to report that I have stuck with my goals so far this week. Since Sunday, I have not had any alcoholic beverages, I have walked for half of an hour each day and I have not eaten out (unless you count when I forgot my lunch and had to have cafeteria food). As a result, I have lost four pounds. That is the good news.

The bad news is that the first five pounds are always easy. It is anything after that which is hard. I hope I can continue to impliment good eating practices into my daily life after I shed that first 10 pounds. Another downer is that my husband says my goal weight is too low. I checked it and it is in the "healthy zone". Plus, it is not like I am not eating. I allow myself to eat whatever I want and I execise by walking a mere 30 minutes a day! If my body goes to 125 that is fine. If it does not, that is fine too. It is not where I am supposed to be. Those are my thoughts anyways... I will step down now.

How is everyone elses week going? Here is my insperational thought for the day...: I hate wasting food. I was always taught you should eat whatever you take. Therefore I always ate what was on my plate. But, if your eating habits result in excess weight (i.e. those darn love handles I can't gseem to get rid of!) are we not still wasting? We are not only wasting food but also wasting the quality of our lives. We should not waste...instead we should get a doggy bag.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #13  
New start 24/10/10

hiya! just thought i'd introduce myself before i joined the convo im supergir111 or you can just call me she if you wanna my 1st confession is i overuse smilies (fights hard not to use another lol) i've always had weight issues for as long as i can remeber, i've had a few serious issues with my weight and how to lose it in my younger teens but hoping im over all of that..im starting afresh, new leaf and all and whole new determination. i do have quite a way to go but i plan to be patient..and use this site for inspiration and much needed determination...once my initial one wears down lol.
i have to admit i dont own scales so it might be abit hard tracking loss, but scales are my enemy i know myself too well, worse case senario is i'd become obsessed and weight myself too get myself down and quit.. so i've decided to do it in one of those shops with the scales or a clinic every month or so.

i love your thought of the day slapaka, my body's full of years of better-to-eat-than-throw-away food...i must say i'd prefer it on a tip right now to my thighs
Old 03-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #14  
You can do it!

Default Camping = Beer and hiking = questionable results

Supergirl111-

Welcome to the forum! I wish you the best of luck in shedding those unwanted pounds! I love that you have the disipline to only weight yourself periodically. I tend to weigh myself way too often. It seems that the littlest thing (i.e. an extra brownie, beer, etc.) can add to my weight, so I get curious about exactly how much it might add!

I have been not so good this week. Foodwise, I am okay. But my husband and I went camping (which equates to hinking and beer drinking), so I busted my set goal for beer. The good news is that, according to FitDay, I have still burned more calories than I have eaten! My mind keeps telling me how thin I could be though if I could cut back on the beer...

Old 03-10-2007, 02:26 AM   #15  
CJ

Oh my gosh! I am sooooo sorry I haven't been in to welcome everyone to the group! It's been such a hectic week here - we have out of town company and I just have not been able to get on the computer at all ... so for now I will give you all all a big GROUP WELCOME! and I promise that I will be back as soon as I can and welcome you all individually .. I'm so glad to see so many posting in the Thin Wannabee's group! so WELCOME WELCOME WECOME!!! each and every one and I'll talk to you soon!

CJ
Closed Thread