Old 03-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Magic Bullet Recipes

I just bought the Magic Bullet over the weekend and was wondering if anyone had any LAWL approved recipes to make with it.
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I use mine for shakes and tuna salad all the time.

Shakes:
LA Vanilla shake
1/2c crushed pineapple/3/4c blueberries/other fruit of choice
4 ice cubes
4oz cold water

Put the ice cubes in first, then the water, then the shake mix, then the fruit. Put the lid on and shake it to combine, then put it on the bullet and blend for about 1 minute until it gets all thick and frothy. Lite, Fruit

The LA shake mix is hard to blend because of the protein powder, that's why I shake it first.

You can also make your shake w/ 1/2milk and 1/2 yogurt for a dairy and fruit.

Tuna Salad:
1 can tuna
couple of slices of onion
McCormick's original chicken seasoning
black pepper
1T lite mayo

Mix it together. Again, you will need to blend it, take it off the blender and shake it (or bang it on the counter) and then blend again. You need to do this a few times because you're not putting much moisture in the tuna salad to blend it.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:43 AM   #3  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

I have a question, I got this as a gift and tried to make a shake in it with ice cubes and the plastic on the inside of the blender literally sheared off into our drinks (we found out while drinking them) and sure enough the pieces fit perfectly together. Is the thing flawed or are my ice cubes to hard? I was really upset about my kids nearly eating shards of sharp plastic that I put it away and only use it with the cups if I really have to.
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #4  

Wow, I haven't had that happen. But I only use a few ice cubes and some liquid, not all ice cubes. I would contact the company and tell them and have them replace your cups.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #5  
Skinny Chick in Training

Yeah, they were less than helpful, I think you can return them if you have the original reciept and pay shipping. I still use the cups which are cool but that scared me LOL I think your right I used to many ice cubes. I was making the Magic Shake from the hillbillyhousewife site.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

I was about to ask if that thing was a good product, but now I'm scared..

I have a blender.. Do I really need a magic bullet?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #7  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

i love my magic bullet... it makes great margaritas.... lol... i've not had any prob with mine either.
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #8  

Dan - I like it because I can take it to work. I actually keep it in the car so that I have it at home and at work.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #9  
Skinny Chick in Training

Just dont pack it full of ice and you should be fine, therecipe i used should have been done in a better blender but for light jobs it is great. And the cups are really handy for drinks, you only dirty the blade and you use the cup. Much easier to clean for small jobs! But careful about blending hot soup, the lid to the blender is really cheap as well, It really is only the blender attachment that I don't care for LOL Other than that it is quite handy!
Old 03-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I have a hand held immersion blender. I contemplated buying the Magic bulllet, but then realized that what I had would work fine (it won't crush ice, but then again, it looks like the magic bullet doesn't either, LOL) I couldn't stand the thought of having one more appliance in my cabinets (sometimes I get like that) so I didn't buy it.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

Yeah, but according to the commercial, you can make nachos, daquiries, muffins, quesadillas, salsa and chicken salad (with curry powder!).. All in less than 15 minutes, with a kitchen full of hungover, crabby party guests!!

I wouldn't mind having one for the juicer thing, as I'd love to make smoothies without hauling out my clunky old blender.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

Yeah, I have to be making something really good to haul the blender out. The immersion blender does smoothies great, not qusadillas though...
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #13  

Height: 5'9"

I've only made the Pina Colada drinks from LAWL so far, but I have not had any problems. I put about a 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup crushed ice in the cup. I'm going to make the LA lite Chocolate shake today, so we shall see how it goes.
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #14  
Erika on LAWL

S/C/G: 189.6/171.4/140

I love my magic bullet. I've make fresh salsa in it all the time and I've made all kinds of drinks. I've also made the quesadillas, they were incredibly tasty.
Oh and chicken salad...this discussion is making me hungry. 20 minutes to lunch...
Chick With Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #15  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

My boss constantly ribs me that I should be the spokesperson for the Bullet. I preached about 30 away on Black Friday when the Cucina Rocket was sold out.

I use it for just about everything. Especially the slim fast shakes, I toss in a can and and the berries and blend it smooth. If I'm doing Ricotta Cheese I toss in the berries and whip the two together, nice, sweet, and smooth. If I want sorbet, I toss in a cup of frozen berries and blend them up.

Tomato Puree-yup use the bullet! Evenly blended omlet, bullet again.

Mudslides, Margaritas, Daquiris, perfeclty made with the cups in hand!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote