General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Things you like to see happen concerning food...that could actually happen!

I was getting my groceries this morning and looking at french fries. I picked up the bag to see how many calories it was, and saw that it was 200+ for 5 pieces. I put it back in digust and thought, "If only they made a vegetable stuffed french fry =("

I wish they also made a healthier, but good tasting ranch dressing. (Right, nelie? )

And I wish ALL restaurants had to put out their food nutrition on the menus.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:32 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yeah, I agree on all fronts! You can MAKE a healthier french fry at home.. but it takes time and that sort of takes away from the whole convenience of it all.

My hubby is always saying he doesn't understand why there can't be a healthy fast food place. It would do just as well. And I don't mean just offering a fat filled "salad"!

I think it's ridiculous how most places will not provide that information except on their websites, and sometimes not even that. I love my calorie king book but it doesn't have everything.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Healthy fast food restaurant. That's a great idea. I wonder if we put together a business plan that a bank would actually think it was a good idea. I know I would eat there everyday. The main problem is the food would be too expensive to compete with all the junk out there.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/168.5/140

Height: 5'5

I live in NH and recently went to Applebees. They have a whole section of their menu dedicated to weight watcher points, so I was able to choose something I knew wasn't to bad and I was actually full for the rest of the day, it was great
Old 03-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I dunno, out here for a few years they had macheezmo mouse chain which was a healthier mexican food place. I liked them, but they ended up folding, even after adding lots of bad for you food to the menu.

I am going to put in a disclaimer that I only watched this with dh.....
I guess "could happen" takes out my long lived fantasy of having a replicator like on startrek that will make the food I want, only healthy. "tastes like hot fudge but not fattening".. (does anyone else remember the episode where deanna troy wanted a REAL hot fudge sundae and the replicator kept arguing over its nutritional value)
Old 03-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

How about a government tax on nutritionally void substances?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Actually my long time dream...also not in the "could happen" category - was that food was charged by the calorie. So grocery stores would charge lets say $0.0025 per calorie. That pound of butter would cost you $8.75 but you could get blueberries for $0.65/pint and lettuce would be something like $0.20 a head. Then restaurants could charge a premium rate for service as long as it was still consistant per calorie. So lets see...the average $10 meal at say red robin is l~1000 calories, so $0.01/calorie, etc.

Stupid I know, but boy it would sure make calorie counting easy. Put $5/day in my pocket for the grocery store and DONE
Old 03-04-2007, 11:47 PM   #8  

that's a super interesting idea, ennay, i've never heard of/thought of anything like that.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:55 AM   #9  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

What a wonderful idea!!! The healthier you eat the more money you save! How did you come up with the idea? And who do we talk to to get it in place? j/k! But it is a good idea!
Closed Thread