Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #1  
ugggg.....

Default Back In Kindergarten #22

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"
Old 03-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #2  

Happy Weekend!

Jules - glad he's ok, and hope he gets fully better soon. Thoughts and prayers are with you

Well despite sickness and inablilty to exercise I think things are still heading in the right direction...I had 2 people on different occations thursday ask me if I had lost weight. If I were not in a library right now I just may dance. AND I went to buy a pair of pants that day and low and behold...drum roll please...a size 10. When I was a freshman in HS, 14 years old, I was a size 16. Though I fluctuated a lot in college I have NEVER seen that size. I almost cried in the dressing room.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

SusanNYC--Hooray for you!!! That is so exciting!! I say dance anyway!! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for DH--he said the worst thing is not being able to do alot with his thumb. That and he is getting stir-crazy!! He is a tinkerer and spends alot of time in the garage which he hasn't been able to do.

Hope everyone else is well!! DS and his gf should be here for dinner soon. I just wanted to stop by!!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #4  
RosieKate

Jules - ouch - hope DH heals quickly and get back to his puttering around. I would be utterly lost if I couldn't use my hand. Reno update: The bedroom carpet was laid last week, so now its door sna dtrims. The house is a complete mess, but I do have some pictures up on a yahoo photo page. I'll finish this post, then go look for a link.

SusanNYC
- wahoo on size 10 - I'm with Jules - dance away. That was my size before gettng pregnant with DD....and I'll get there again someday - I know it.

I am going to start knitting myself something pretty for every ten pounds I lose. I am so close to my first 10 since joining the research study. I really need some motivation or incentive to get through these few pounds that dog me. Since I love to knit - this may work.

Not much else happening around here. I had big plans to try to clean around the piles of things today, but agreed at the last minute to switch parent helping at the preschool. So, I spent the morning with my daughter at school and not much has been done around here. It's a nice sunny day, so I will try to coax DD out for a walk.

Hi to everyone! Hope all of you are doing well!

Old 03-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #5  
RosieKate

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/rkrelaford

I think this link will work - it's current pictures of the remodel
K

Old 03-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Katy--good for almost being at the 10 pound mark & for treating you to a gift!! I was a size 10 before having dd--can't blame the baby fat since she will be 20 in June!! DH is always doing something, it's killing him to just be on the computer or watching tv and not down in his garage.

Have a good night, I have to do a few things before picking DS up at a class he is taking. The tech school where he is taking a heating and air conditioning certification class is less than 10 minutes from my house and a little under halfway to his. He gets a ride there but I take him home. it's 2 nights a week for 10 weeks but the company he works for is paying him for it. I told him take as many classes as they will let him.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #7  

Afternoon
Still sick, but otherwise feeling great. I'm officially applying for a second year of this program and I have great feelings about it.
Ugh...wish I could go jogging...but still icky...been weeks now

Katy - I love knitting! What do you knit? The most complicated thing I ever did was just a little baby blanket for my nephew
Old 03-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #8  
RosieKate

Jules - well, I'm ALMOST at the 10 lb mark...I'm trying to use the sweater as an incentive...I've had a pretty good week - so we'll see what happens at Thursday weigh in. Thanks anyway - I feel pretty good even getting close...

SusanNYC - I've linked my knitting blog in my siggy - so you can click on over to see what kinds of things I knit. Hope you get well soon. Yay for year 2...sounds like you are really enjoying your program.

Hi to everyone reading this!

Old 03-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #9  

Where is everyone ? I hope you all are doing well
Old 03-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies, and a Happy Thursday to you!

KATY...love the pictures of the house! Especially the bathroom...love the tub and the tile on the floor. Also, the lighting in the bedroom is so pretty. I have always wanted a chandelier type light in our bedroom but we are ceiling fan people. Have to have a really cool bedroom and our fan goes year round. Now did you guys add on a family room as well or did you just get furniture? Can't remember all that you guys added on. You guys did a GREAT job! And I bet you are loving that it is almost complete. WTG on almost being at the 10 pound mark! Hey, you are very close and I know you will be there in no time at all!

JULES...glad DH is feeling better. I can only imagine how stir crazy he is. Does he know when he will be able to go back to work? Or can start doing anything? I'm with you, I think DS should take all the classes he can with the company paying for it. My mom worked for AT&T years ago and they always offered some sort of class and she always took them. She worked her way up the ladder but then tired of it quick.

SusanNYC...oh my gosh! I am so proud of you and happy to! Getting in a size 10 IS reason to dance for sure! You are doing a great job with your weight loss and here's to a second year! Hope you get to feeling better soon so you can go jogging. I know I misse it when I don't exercise.

HI MICHELLE, SUSAN & SASSY! Hoping things are well with you ladies, miss you!

Not much going on with me. Had a busy morning running errands and am pooped. Also did some packing yesterday and need to do more later. Might get a mile walk in but not sure. Not sure if I mentioned to you ladies that we sold our house and will close on the new one March 21st! Less than 2 weeks away! I am so excited, as is Vince. But I am sad at the same time because Josh isn't here to share in the excitement. He will come home to a completely new house and neighborhood! Anyway, I can't wait. Don't look forward to the actual moving part but I can't wait to get into our new house.

WW is going well, except for last week. Last week was a bad one for me and I gained a pound. But it could have been worse so that's fine. Went out to dinner with V and it just went downhill the rest of the week. But I am back on track this week and hoping to see a loss of 1-2 pounds.

Hope all is well with you and yours in your little corner of the world. Take care ladies and have a wonderful day! Lots of hugs
Old 03-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #11  
RosieKate

Hi everyone - I'm here...just busy, sorry I'm not on this site more often but I'm glad to read that you all are doing well.
Congrats of the house Cristina! I know you have wanted to move for a long time and now you finally get to - yay!

I had a GREAT week food and exercise-wise, then started TOM on weigh in day - no change Then I got on my bathroom scale this morning and it said I was down 2 pounds. So I will change the ticker if I get to next week's weigh in and it is still gone. Ain't wonderful to be a woman?

Have to go get the girl from school .....Have a great day!

Old 03-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Katy--gotta love that TOM weight fluctuation!! lol!! Love the pics of the house & the knitting projects!!

Cristina-He got released on Tuesday--they could not believe he healed that fast--he still has to keep it covered to prevent infection and it's not completely shut but its close!!

SusanNYC--DD has been fighting some bug since superbowl Sunday. A couple of co-workers have a bug that stays with you for 4-6 weeks and there is nothing the Doctor can give them--they were all told it just has to run it's course. They feel better and then worse again.

Well gotta go pick DH up--he went to help a friend.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #13  
One day at a time

JULES...wow, that was quick! And I bet DH can't wait to get back to work and doing something. How are you doing with WW? Are you liking going to the meetings? We've missed the last two because of things going on but did go and sign in basically, weighed, got our little hand outs and then had to leave. This Monday we will stay. Fighting like heck to stay on track...man is it hard!

KATY...thank you! I can't wait to move but man, I am already tired of packing, ugh! But I keep looking for the end of the rainbow and know it will be over soon enough. Well, the packing and moving anyway, lol. to the 2 pound loss! Keeping my fingers crossed it stays gone for WI and for good!

MICHELLE, SASSY & SUSAN...hope you ladies are doing fine. We are missing you here.

SusanNYC...hope you are well and feeling better.

Well, I put a dent in the packing today. Still a long way to go but I will do some almost every day to get it done. Starting to get scared...the 21st is just around the corner. Today was a killer and I didn't get any exercise in Too tired after all that work. Got up at 6 a.m. to get a good start and was on my feet most of the day with just a couple of 10-15 minute breaks in between. I am one of these people that when packing photo albums I have to look at the pictures, lol. Glad there are no more photo albums to pack, lol. Anyway...hoping to sleep good tonight.

Take care ladies and I hope all is well with everyone. Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #14  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

LADIES~

Sorry I haven't been checking in lately. Having a very rough week with missing my mom and just been a little down. You know, I want this weight off so bad, and I just cannot get myself going again. I keep saying every morning that I will stay on track today, and that doesn't seem to last very long, and I'm very upset with myself. I hope all of you are doing good.

CRISTINA...Thank you so much missy for the cute email card! You're always so thoughtful and caring and I really appreciate you!! I'm so happy for you and Vince that you sold your house and get your new one. That would be so exciting and fun, something brand new. I got such a smile from your avatar, it's so cute!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Lots of hugs to you Michelle! I'm sorry you're missing your mom and having a rough time with the weight loss and motivation. I wish there were some magic words I could say to help you out. I struggle every day with this weight loss too. There are days I am ready to say...I am fat, and I will always be fat so just deal with. But then I turn it around and say NO! I won't just deal with it. I don't want to be this big anymore and I won't quit until I am done. I may not get too far very fast but I have faith that one day I will be where I feel I need to be, even if it is only a 20 pound loss. But right now I just take it one day at a time. I'm glad you liked the card. I've been so busy, (which is no excuse) I've not stayed on top of my e-mailing. I think about it and you guys but then it doesn't get done, ugh. I need a few more hours in the day. Anyway, hope you are having a better day today. Glad to see you checking in and I like your avatar too!

HI to everyone else! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Closed Thread