Thread: Feeling hungry
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #8
rockinrobin
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Velveteen, this is a great chart you posted!!!!! Yes, it is a constant, ongoing process. I used to eat all the time, regardless of hunger. Thank G-d that is no longer the case. It took me a while to get to the conclusion that although I WANTED something to eat, I was not necessarily hungry. Bored yes, hungry no. Craving something yes, hungry no. The key is to really THINK about it. I also find when I feel like eating something just for the sake of eating a drink of water will do the trick.

Having said that, I really don't like the FEELING of being hungry, so when #4 starts kicking in - it's time for me to eat. I eat my 3 meals a day plus 2 or 3 snacks to AVOID feeling hungry. I just don't like it.

I never get overstuffed anymore - never. I am barely full most of the time. This was a scary concept for me as well, since I was so used to that stuffed feeling. But you do get used to it and see that it really is all that you need. It does take a conscious effort to realize that. You must make the decision to not allow yourself to get too full.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote