Old 03-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #1  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Default Mac or PC????

I am a loyal Mac person, however buying a PC because its a touch screen...Have a bad right arm and it easy, just wondering what you use?
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #2  
Almost the Big 50!

This is the one i want to get....
Old 03-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

we have both Love the mac more!!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm a PC person . . . took me years to even start using Windows. I know most Mac users swear by them, but I'll probably stick with the PC (and Windows, of course). Afraid I don't know much about the touch screen technology though.

Only thing I do know, they do tend to get dirty, especially if there are a bunch of different people using it -- but I've only talked to the girls at my hairdressers where they use one. They all enter their own stuff and, of course, it is probably picking up a lot various hair products over the course of a day.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #5  
Meg

I switched from Windows to a Mac a year ago and will never go back.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #6  
Almost the Big 50!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I switched from Windows to a Mac a year ago and will never go back.
Thats what i said, however I have bought 2 macbooks withen 6 months and the builds are crap.....I dont like the imac...current model G4 was.... great since they started using intel chips..it crap...so might as well buy a PC and get more for my money, then have issues...
Old 03-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I treated myself last summer to the new 24' iMac (same groovy white/clear colour as the iPod) and it's ridiculously yummmy!!! widescreen makes it like having the best HD TV too! I download almost all my TV shows and watch them without commercials, although I'm happy to report i watch a lot LESS tv now that I have some other hobbies that include gettin UP OFF MY ***!!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #8  
Almost the Big 50!

The one above has TV tune, light scribe...and more toys then the imac,,,,plus you can write on the screen and it touch screen......love macs... but the issues have been crazy
Old 03-04-2007, 02:04 AM   #9  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Trazey, your new picture is gorgeous!

My Mac is a 1.8 gig dual-processor G5. Getting a bit old school by computer standards (2004 I think) but still fabulous and expect to have it several more years, especially since I had my rev.C iMac for about 7 years before getting this tower.

But the monitor DOES make the experience. I splurged at the time and got a 20" cinema display. Now the 23" costs the same as the 20" did and I want it haha. Nothing like screen real estate to make computer time pleasant.

I've used both major platforms and frankly can't fathom why one would want to use Windows. Macs have always felt intuitive to me, while Windows machines have felt counter-intuitive, more like you need a class in order to use them.

Buy whatever works best for you, but remember that Macs are extremely secure online; the last "virus" I had was the autostart worm back in 1997. There's also a reason the last 200-person company I worked for, which had probably 150 Macs and 50 Windows machines, had 3 IT guys: 3 maintaining Windows, 0 maintaining Macs.

P.S. I like the picture of the computer CyberGypsy is considering. Whoever the manufacturer is totally ripped off the default Mac desktop!
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:39 AM   #10  
Almost the Big 50!

The only rason is the last 2 new mac the build was crap, i love macs...however my right arm is bad ..the whole screen is touch....and my son works at office depot, and they go on sale next week 1799.00>1400....lol here is more aout it..the specs are awesome http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/30/h...a-pc-revealed/
Old 03-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 159/149/139

Height: 5'7"

Default Mac

There is nothing like a souped-up Mac design station. I did graphic design for a couple of years out of college and couldn't stand trying to design on a PC - per a customer's request.
Perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

So far it looks like the Mac is winning around here, too . . . I may have to get daring the next time I'm in the market . . . but I haven't exactly worn out my poor old Pentium 4 yet . . . good thing, too . . . with all my Vet bills, can't afford a new 'puter this year.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:59 AM   #13  
Almost the Big 50!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
So far it looks like the Mac is winning around here, too . . . I may have to get daring the next time I'm in the market . . . but I haven't exactly worn out my poor old Pentium 4 yet . . . good thing, too . . . with all my Vet bills, can't afford a new 'puter this year.

I live for mac...on mac rumors every hour, have apple logos on my car BUT the last 2 macbook i have bought had a crap build and had issues, i have been using macs 20 years... never a issue....2 in 6 months...and i have played with Vista for hours and it stable....

I know another mac is in the future..... However....for now this is better...Apple need QC!!!! PS both macbook overheaterd, 1 had a loose side, and both had hard drive ticks....which will kill your drive....
Old 03-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #14  
Almost the Big 50!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
There is nothing like a souped-up Mac design station. I did graphic design for a couple of years out of college and couldn't stand trying to design on a PC - per a customer's request.
agreed! But QCis slipping G4was the last good model......
Old 03-04-2007, 10:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

i technically work on both... i work on a PC at work and its terrible. Personally I switched to Mac about 2 years ago. I will never own a PC again. Aside from how things run I also prefer Mac because if I have a problem with it, or my Ipod or any other Mac product I can just go down the street to the Apple Store and have the folks at the genius bar look at it while I'm standing there...When I worked on a PC (it was a dell) if i had a problem, which I always did, I'd be stuck on the phone with some moron on the other side of the world who had no idea what they are doing...At one point I had to order a new AC adapter...it took over 3 hours to order over the phone and the whole time all the person was trying to do was sell me more crap I didn't need, then I paid for overnight shipping...mucho $$$$ and it took a week to get here.
I'm so much happier with my mac, I work on an iBookG4 and have for almost 2 years. I have not yet had any problem with it whatsoever.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote