General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 05:19 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Airline Travel Refund/change Help

Here is my situation, I made this same mistake before so I don"t know if there is a way to get out of it without major expense. Angie and I booked a flight, hotel and car for our Goddaughter's wedding, in June, in Colorado. Five minutes later she calls and tells us her folks want us to come in on Thursday instead of Friday, we go right back to try and change the flight out and NO FREAKIN WAY will they allow us to do that. A lousy 15 minutes later...all we want to do is change the departure day and add a day to hotel and car..actually more $$$ for them. It is a BIG NAME on-line travel service.

ANY HELP HERE? we tried to cancel via credit card and re-book...not working...tried talking to agents...not working...

HELP

You gals have always come through for me before! Thanks, Gary
Old 03-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I had a similar experience using that online Travel - o - city site. I called them......India--wouldn't you know it! But I explained my dilemma and they gladly made my change even though it was marked as non-refundable (I was booking employees to send to an out of state job and accidentally sent the "wrong" employees!). All they charged was a $5 service fee, but the call took a good half hour to straighten out.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #3  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

First, go up the food chain with the site you're trying to work with. If they flat-out refuse to budge, you have a couple of options:

1) Contact the airline, car rental agency, and hotel directly and ask to change your reservation. Airlines charge a fee for this ($25 - 100, depending on the carrier). I've never had a car rental agency charge me a fee for this. Unless the hotel reservation is prepaid, they should be cooperative, as well.

2) Cancel/dispute the charges and rebook somewhere else.

Good luck. We finally started using a local travel agency for our business travel because the DIY online method was eating up too much time when we needed changes.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #4  

the squeaky wheel gets the grease!! talk to the highest person up you can find and don't take no for an answer.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I had a similar experience using that online Travel - o - city site. I called them......India--wouldn't you know it! But I explained my dilemma and they gladly made my change even though it was marked as non-refundable (I was booking employees to send to an out of state job and accidentally sent the "wrong" employees!). All they charged was a $5 service fee, but the call took a good half hour to straighten out.
AH! We have the same "people" with o'city and India! Angie has been talking to them, but the further up the ladder she goes...wham! connection lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderly View Post
First, go up the food chain with the site you're trying to work with. If they flat-out refuse to budge, you have a couple of options:

1) Contact the airline, car rental agency, and hotel directly and ask to change your reservation. Airlines charge a fee for this ($25 - 100, depending on the carrier). I've never had a car rental agency charge me a fee for this. Unless the hotel reservation is prepaid, they should be cooperative, as well.

2) Cancel/dispute the charges and rebook somewhere else.

Thanks Cinderly...but the charges right now are around $800 to cancel...alll we want to do is bump the trip up one day!

Good luck. We finally started using a local travel agency for our business travel because the DIY online method was eating up too much time when we needed changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_talker View Post
the squeaky wheel gets the grease!! talk to the highest person up you can find and don't take no for an answer.
Can you be our agent?
Closed Thread