South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:17 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Default Turn Around Thursday!

Good MORNING, Beachies!

Hope everyone has a great day today...I'm going to bed much too late, but I hope to do some yoga/pilates here at home tomorrow...I'll have to lock the puppy out of the living room or she'll overdo her job as my personal trainer. I don't find that I move better when she licks my leg or my face. Too bad, or I'd be burning calories faster than I could eat 'em, and that's saying something! Did my difficult class at the gym tomorrow and was already hurting by the afternoon...have a feeling I'm going to be in a world of pain today, so I'll do the yoga at home where I can slow down the pace more than in a class.

No major plans for today. I had a big, final cake class scheduled for tonight...I was kind of dreading it because I missed the two middle classes and I'd have to go nuts trying to catch up. My friend and I are going to make up the classes we missed in April and I'll take the last one then. So it should be a relaxed evening. Didn't get to my baking yesterday and still have more phone calls to make, so I'll catch up on that and go to my therapy appt.

LC, what did you do to your fingers??? I hope you feel better soon!

Have a great day, chicks and take care of yourselves! :
Old 03-01-2007, 06:49 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh, Laurie! No flies on you! When DO you sleep?

I am so glad to see the end of February, particularly since it took a couple of pounds with it overnight. I think my body was hanging onto weight because I was sick.

Donna comes to clean this morning and I have just a wee bit of tidying to do. My kitchen is full of buckets of flowers for the wedding. (I bought them yesterday as the weather for Friday looks bad.) Nothing like carnations, mums, Stargazer lilies and other glories to brighten up a kitchen. I'll do the arrangements on Saturday morning. I also got pots of gerbera daisies for the kitchen and a glorious potted orchid for the cake table.

Tonight is book club night so it'll be an early supper. I am doing meatloaves to build up my freezer stash and must remember to start early. Book Club meets at 6:30 which is really too early, IMHO.

What have you got planned for today?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/?/150

Height: 5ft6in

Good Morning everyone!

Got to do the kid drop off. Then some cleaning and tidying, some embroidery (I'm a commercial embroiderer). After I pick up the kids, we are going to the Y. My 2 big kids have Teens on Weights class and my littlest goes to Kids Fitness. That will give me the time I need on the treadmill. I'm loving the treadmill. Peace and quiet and whatever music *I* want to listen to on the headphones!

Yesterday I saw a flyer for a 5K walk/run. It is April 21st. I talked to one of the trainers and she thinks I can be ready by then. I thought it would be a fun challenge as I've never done anything even slightly athletic! Of course I'm gonna walk. I'm pretty putzy on the treadmill. I'm currently doing about 40 mins at 2.5. The trainer said I need to get up to an hour and then start upping my speed. I'm gonna give it my best shot anyway.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Just finishing breakfast. I slept through the alarm that would have allowed me to fit in some yoga. Doubtful to get excercise in today, means I will have to do it over the weekend. My soreness has gone away, so I think I can get myself motivated!

Happy March!

Ally
Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 AM   #5  

Mornin' all.

I am sooo sleepy! My new 'puter arrived yesterday and I was up late taking a look at it all. I love it . Windows Vista will take a little bit to get used to, though.

Not too much is going on today...work, then Curves. It's raining here now (I just heard thunder!) I have laundry I did on Sunday that still needs to be folded. That needs to be done tonight.

Ruth How lovely a kitchen full of flowers sounds!! I would love to see pictures of the finished arrangements.

I hope everyone has a great 1st day of March!

Old 03-01-2007, 08:29 AM   #6  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning all - 1st day of Phase 1 (again) here. I've been off the beach for awhile and have finally hit the point where I need to get serious again even if life is crazy. My pants have been getting tight for the last month or so, but this week my rings haven't been fitting comfortably. I'm out of shape and have been having chest pains (probably nothing, but it scares me). I'm starting slowly and hopefully by the end of March I'll be back on track to get fit. I've got my meals planned out for the next week and went shopping yesterday to stock the house with healthy food.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 AM   #7  

Ruth What book did you read for your book club this time? Yum- meatloaf, such a yummy comfort food.

Kelly back!!!!!

Anna I don't think I have even heard of Windows Vista- is it quite different?

Laurie You amaze me with your sleep!!! I am such a wimp when I don't have plenty of sleep. Thanks for starting us up!

Ama and Shelly Morning!!

Me- Got a food plan for the day and m sticking to it!! I let myself get way too out of control in February, so need to pull it together. Next week is spring break, so that will be a good opportunity to regroup. Hope everyone has a super day! It is a long one for me as we have Open House tonight until 8:00. DH is off today, so I didn't need to get coverage for the girlies. Abigail is home with him today as she has been coughing horribly for days and had a fever in the middle of the night. She will get som good rest and TLC from her daddy today.

Okay, time to work!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:06 AM   #8  
Working for the Cruise!

Good morning! Pancakes are warming up now. Updating my Ipod before Meg comes to pick me up for Curves.

Gotta run to Home Depot for a 5 gallon bucket and then Wegmans for couple of bags of blueberries. Today is the day we start that wine! That class starts at 2:15. I'm going to hit the Y in between there.

Then I'm home to clean up the mess that came in from the car. I lived out of that thing, but I go to a commuter college....whaddya expect?!?

DMV had NO LINES yesterday so I was in and out. Had to pay an extra $26 for 2 day delivery, but after Friday the car will be out of my hands. Thank goodness!

Ruth - The image of your kitchen has brightened my day. What a wonderful thing to have to tidy!

Laurie - I don't know how you last so long at night. I wanted to stay up last night, ended up snoring by 9:30 according to the hubby! Good luck with pup-free yoga!

Shelley - WTG on the 5k! Congrats to you for wanting to take on such a challenge!

Amasam - Sleeping through alarms is what I do best...honestly, I should be paid for it. Get to the gym girl!

Anna - Congrats on the new computer. Hubby says Vista is nice, but it will take time to adjust to. It does have a lot of nice features though!

Kelly - Welcome back! Definitely start slow, it's always best. I would check in with your doc on the pains.....just to be safe ok?

Have a wonderful day ladies! I'm weighing in today at Curves....wish me luck!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #9  

beachgal - I hope you are getting some rest. Wasn't one of your goals to get more sleep?

Ruth - The flowers sound lovely. February was not a good month for my weight. I ended up a few pounds.

Shelly - I admire your goal of the 5K. I have done 3 since I started on South Beach. I still mostly walk them but I can walk faster than I used to. Keep working at it and you'll do fine.

amasan - I hate sleeping through an alarm. It doesn't happen often. I'm conditioned to wake up as soon as I hear a pager, so the alarm and phone wake me quickly too.

annarenee - I dread new operating systems. I've gotten to like XP but I haven't heard too much about Vista. We don't use it at work yet. I wonder if it works with the web application I support? I'm sure we'll find out as soon as one of the customers upgrades.

Kelly - I've had the same problem with the tight pants and am recommitting myself to staying on plan. Have you been keeping an eye on your blood pressure? You might want to mention those chest pains to your doctor? I'm going in for a blood pressure check today and I know she's going to up my meds. I've regained a few pounds and don't have time to exercise as much as I used to and it has been reflected in higher blood pressure.

Kiko - Sorry to hear that Abigail is still sick. Brian's had a bit of a cough from sinus drainage. His is allergies though. We have open house tonight too. DH and Brian are going to go since I have a troop guide meeting. I might be able to pop by before I go to my meeting. Our spring break is week after next. We were supposed to have next Friday off for a snow day but they have to make up for the day we didn't have school. I am loving this weather, aren't you? I find it a lot easier to exercise when it is warmer.

Adia - I love blueberries. I think it is too hot to grow them here. I buy frozen ones and top my oatmeal with them each morning.

Me - I'm WFH today since I have that blood pressure check. I'm going to get DH to take my car in this afternoon for an inspection. That was due in Feb and I hate being late. I did make it to the gym yesterday. I had to go to Office Max first to get some stuff for camp and only had a half hour left for exercise. In the recent past, I might have just cancelled and gone home but I went and got that half hour in. It felt good.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #10  
Sue

Smile

Good Morning, this is my 4th day on SB. So far so good. This morning I made the Belgium Waffles. So simple and good for phase 1!! Hubby really liked them. He is doing this along with me which makes it so much better. I have chicken baked and in the crock pot for dinner tonight. The whole thing for me is to plan. Everyone have a great day. I see a bunch of you have really done well with the weight loss. Way to go!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Getinittogether! I missed your intro post yesterday. Nice to see you've found the Daily chat. This is a fun bunch of chicks.

Just heard from Schatzi who has had a heck of a month with sickness, lost and found dogs and puter problems. She wishes us all well and will be back as soon as she gets her head above water!

Shelley, what a good goal to do that walk! I can hardly wait to get back at walking.

Amasam, I'm glad the soreness has abated. Are you going to get the big dump of snow tonight? Watch the shovelling, OK?

Anarenee, enjoy the new computer. I hear that Vista is quite different from XP but you do have the option to go back to XP. I will try to take photos of the flowers and post them.

Kelly welcome back. You sound like you are really on the Beach Buggy this time. Get those chest pains checked out, OK? I worry.

Kiko, you sound perky again. Are you all better? I hope Abigail recovers fast. Open House? Did I miss something? The book Club book is "The Book of Eve" and was a great read.

AdiaFaith, good for you going to Curves. I wish mine was closer. Blueberry wine? I've made rhubarb but blueberry sounds good too.

Busy Barb, as usual. WFH is good but I always found that I worked even harder as I kept trying to do house stuff too.

Well, it's been a bit of a frustrating morning but I'm not letting it get to me. My frassing printer started to eat the Church bulletins, the lock at the back wouldn't stay closed and paper kept spewing out onto the floor. I fixed it with my trusty masking tape and then it ran out of ink! Luckily I always have extra cartridges so we're finally back in business. I don't need the bulletins until Sunday but, with the wedding on Saturday, I wanted to get them done!

Donna is here cleaning and the Girls are helping her by keeping her company. They really like her and she adores them. She takes little petting breaks with them but I really don't mind. As soon as she finishes in teh kitchen, I'm tackling my cooking. I have bean soup to package for the freezer, Tex-Mex chops to do and mini meatloaves to get ready. I used up most of my stash when I was sick.

Have a lovely afternoon - sending you the scent of Stargazer lilies.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/173/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies!!

Hope everyone is having a great week...

Thank you Ruth for the flowers. I have been looking for a good pic of some lillies to take to my florist for the wedding.

Gotta go to the gym!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #13  

I'm back from the doctor's. My bp was up so she has upped my dosage of Lisinopril and wants to see me back in 3 weeks. I WILL find time to exercise so that my BP is better when I go back.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Shelly, I that you and your kids all go work out together!!! What a GREAT thing to do!!! That's going to make me smile all day... I get really worried that my kids are going to be overweight like me and I won't be able to fix it...but articles I've read have said that it's better to get young kids moving than to try to change their diet much (assuming they aren't living on junk food)...because it sets them up for good habits rather than getting them to have an abnormal focus on food. Since I was put on a diet when I was 5 (and that obviously didn't work too well! ) I found that advice really encouraging. Good for you for setting your kids up for good health!

Ruth, your house must smell like a florist's! : What a wonderful spring-like view you must have! I love those lillies...thanks for the picture. Yeah, I'm having trouble with my sleep. My psychi and I are working on it. If I go to bed on time, I just wake up, stark awake, at 3 in the morning or whatever. Oy! Anyways...glad you got flowers for YOU too! You deserve 'em...and congrats on the weight loss! Our bookclub meets at 7:30 and we moved from bringing snacks and desserts to having a potluck supper. It's really nice...though sometimes I have to bring something else for me because the meal isn't one I can easily eat (like lasagna), but it's really nice to sit and eat together.

Kelly, sending you lots of for your P1. Put a sitcky or little note with the info you included in your post (i.e. WHY you need to do this for you) somewhere where you can see it when you feel the need to cheat. I'm with you...my pants are way too tight!

Sue! Glad to see you in the daily!

Good luck with open house, Kiko! I hope it's a good one with lots of happy parents!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Hello everyone....it's kinda of a late post, but thought I would drop by.
Busy day today....I went wedding dress shopping. Fell in love with the first one, and I bought the veil & tiara as well (afterall I AM a princess!!) My friends Julie that went w/ me took pics, will post as soon as I find the darn cord!! I even tried on a size 16!!!!! It pucked a little in the middle, so I order a 18 - just to be safe. I rather take it in than have an ill fitting dress. Still have to get the shoes, slip, and bra, but the gal said I should wait a little. In case I lose more weight (which I will!!!)
I also adopted a kitty today....well he's 2 yrs old. Black & white - very loveable. My little girl cat Phoebe disagrees with me, but I'm sure they will be pals soon.
Laurie: I just read your signature.....I'm sure you will fit into your jeans by your b-day !!!!
Barb - I hope my BP improves since I went off the BC pills. I'm sure yours will go down as well!
iblodgett - hello, haven't met you yet. Good luck, great job with the 30lbs!!
Ruth - love the pic of the stargazers....everytime I see them I think of my mom!
Sue - great job w/ phase 1 - keep it up
Sarah -hi, enjoy your workout!
Kiko - hello, sorry about your little one. I hate getting my menu together, but if I don't I eat the same old stuff!
Shelly, anna & ally - hello!!!!!
Well I'm off to pick up DF in this lovely weather (wintery snow mix w/ floooding rain!!) Have a great day!
Closed Thread