Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:30 PM   #1  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default 1lb. Down and Plenty More To Go! - March

to ~ One LB. Down and Plenty More To GO!

Old friends and New friends,

This thread is open to any and all ladies who have more than a "few" pounds to lose. We all know that if it's more than a "few" that it's gonna take sometime to get rid of it. And when you're in a certain place in your life for a while it's great to have some friends around that know exactly how you feel and know exactly what you're going through. Having support via family and friends is great and certainly a welcomed thought, but sometimes they just don't get it. We'll help encourage you through the down times, discourage you when the dieting alter ego wants to take over and then encourage you some more! Just jump in and make yourself at home. Let's try to live, love and laugh our "weigh" through this!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #2  
Working on 'Project Me'

Hey ladies, just making myself busy for the time being. Had a great "on target" day, I even managed to fit in some exercise! I'm ashamed to say but it was the first time to step on the elliptical since Jan. 26th! Yikes! Feeling good about tomorrow already!

Hope you're having a great night, see you in the A.M.!

TTFN!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 AM   #3  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

My son was dying for fried chicken last night...and potato salad. So I fried chicken...it's the only food I make that's, "Better than Grandma's." We had green beans, some healthy homemade baked french fries and a salad. The chicken was the only bad thing for us....but he deserved it! I fried it in canola oil, which is better....I'm trying to make myself feel better, I think. I really overdid it on the chicken, though. But it was a day...that's all. Today's a new day, right? Think I won't be getting on the scales today. lol There went my four lbs I lost last week.

Have a great day, everyone...better than I did yesterday!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 AM   #4  
Diana

BTW, I didn't eat potato salad...even though it's one of my favs!!!!!!!!! One small victory among a pretty big bomb.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Gang . . .

Well March is definitely being lamb-like around here. It is overcast right now but the sun is supposed to come out this afternoon. The long term forecast is predicting snow for the weekend and on and off snow for most of next week. Figures. Other than that, my day is still too young to decide if it is good or bad. Time will tell. Only thing on my agenda so far is another trip to the Vet . . . this time my friend and I are taking her 4 Chihuahua's in for their annual check-up. Next week we will take her other 4 -- 2 Yorkies, 1 Poodle, 1 Cat --Between us, I think we are paying for the Vet's next family vacation.

TINA . . . I think the new thread is a good idea. So glad to hear you had such a great day yesterday. I'll get the old thread locked to ensure that the others don't continue posting over there.

DIANA . . . Hey, you are part way there. Congrats on staying out of the potato salad. Now, for next time, just don't eat the skin on the chicken. Sounds easy when you say it quick, huh?

Have a great moving and shaking day, everybody. See you all later.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:22 AM   #6  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Morning ladies, how is everyone doing today? Scales stayed at 221 this morning but I kinda expected it. I stayed on target all day till late last evening. I so bad wanted my evening snack of reduced fat no sugar added ice cream and what do you know I was out. I munched on a few Doritos instead and know that they are so bad for me, sodium, fat, carbs.........UGH! I have started today with my normal oatmeal and will have a salad for lunch. I am out of chicken at home and only have ground turkey and lots of frozen veggies, anyone have any ideas on what to have for dinner?

Dianne - Congrats on the 4 pounds gone and dont worry to much about the chicken.

Linda - our weather has been kinda crazy here lately. Our temps were near 75 yesterday and today only supposed to be at 50. But I expected it to get cold again, we always have a snow storm around the middle of March.

Well better get to work. Check back later.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #7  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies, I just wanted to get on the new thread so I can recieve notifications of new posts.

Diana, congratulations on the great weight loss this week. Don't fret over one meal of fried chicken. To gain back 4 lbs, you would need to eat 14,000 calories more than you expended. I bet that chicken didn't have more than 500 (I'm estimating really high, it probably had less). You'll be fine! Congrats for staying away from the potato salad.

Tina, I'm so glad you are back on track with both the food and the exercise. Great job! You can be back to ticker and then on to onederland in no time. Just keep on keeping on. And great job staying away from that birthday party food. You were really strong, especially since it was past dinnertime. I'm so glad the scale rewarded you for that.

Linda, Congratulations on the loss you reported on the old thread! I'm so sorry to hear of the upcoming surgeries. I know a longer recovery time may mean you aren't jumping around as soon as Purrecious, but you will get there!

Robbin, Darn those doritos! I hope today is a completely on plan day for you. Ground turkey and veggies, hmmm, I'll have to think about that. I'm still not sure what we are having for dinner either.

I've been home with my kids this week. They both have the flu, and Hannah also has strep throat. They are still running fever, so it looks like I'll be home again tomorrow too. I don't know how this has happened, but I have lost four lbs altogether since Sunday. I have done pretty well, but nothing extraordinary, which just proves that our bodies will do what they want to do, when they want to do it. Don't get me wrong, it "owed" it to me, but it "owed" it to me spread out over the last 2 - 3 weeks. I'm just glad it's finally showing up, although it would sure be a little less painful if it showed up periodically instead of leaving us high and dry for weeks, then showing up all at once. Oh well, just one of those things we can't control.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #8  
Working on 'Project Me'

Hey Ladies! How are you this fine day? It's March 1st and I'm not quite sure if it's a lamb or a lion. It's -20's, fine snow but bright sunshine. What a weird day. I love the sunshine showers we got in the summer, but sunshine snow just looks odd. I holding out for a lioness effect so tomorrow I hope the lamb takes over.

My scales have remained the same this morning, but I understand I can't lose 3lbs. everyday! LOL! I've just made a Greek-style Lentil soup for lunch. Never made a lentil soup before, but I must admit I did take a little sip and it ain't half bad. Phew!

Diana, I agree..you couldn't possibly spoil a 4lb. loss with a bit of chicken. Congrats on mixing it up with healthy stuff. That's the way you get along in this journey, you make some alternative choices to allow for the good "bad" stuff sometimes. It's better to give yourself a little wiggle room rather deny yourself to the point that you have a full blown cave in someday. BTW - did I ever mention your beautiful new AV before? If not, you're gorgeous girl..Love the big smile!

Linda, I had to "LOL" literally at your comment about paying for the Vets next family vacation because really I was thinking the same. Those visits don't come cheap, especially the meds. Sorry to hear of the upcoming snow forecast...I feel for ya mostly because I've been living that one for the past week.

Robbin, doritos are such a conflicting friend of mine too. To say that I love them would be an understatement! Especially now knowing they're coming out with a Tandoori flavor...because I love Indian food just as much! MMMmmmm..curry!

Tammy, getting to Onederland is such a dream of mine that I hope I can make a reality instead of making it a distant dream, like I have been lately. Thanks for the congrats, I tell ya any small victory I'll take at this time. You are the one who inspires me to keep on keeping on. Congrats to you by the way on your body being the everlasting puzzle and dropping more pounds. It's a demon when it's fickle but it's so nice when it's generous! I gotta love the remark about your body "oweing" it to you..that's a great one!

Girls, I hate to draw attention to this..but I've moved my ticker up. No sense denying what I truly am. I screwed up and I think I oughta own up to it. In my head my ticker is still at 212, but in reality I'm gonna work my a$$ off to get back there. Hopefully this will be the final lesson and I can get past 212 and well on my way to 199!!

Hope you're having a great day!! I'm off to have a bowl of that glorious lentil soup...hehe!

TTFN!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #9  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Good morning ladies, don't have much time cause I gotta get to work but wanted to drop in and let you all know the scales have been nice. They came down to 220 this morning and now I am only 1 pound from the ticker.

We gotta run, check back later.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #10  
Working on 'Project Me'

Gosh..quiet in here today!

Hi Robbin! Good to see you. Congrats on your scale victory. That's awesome, I bet you're feeling more motivated now. I'm pretty motivated myself, it's just the weekends upon me again and I have TWO birthday parties. One 2hrs. outta town tomorrow for my niece and one at a bowling alley for Alyssa's class mate on Sunday. I'm getting quite tired of birthday parties to say the least. It's hard to remain strong at one, but when you got so many coming atcha almost all at once it gets tiring to remain so stedfast. I'll try my hardest, I'm feeling really committed.

As for all you other wonderful ladies...HI! Hope you're all having a beautiful fat burning day! I just wanted to share I get to move my ticker down a pound today. Scales are being cooperative! That's 4lbs. down since tuesday, now that ain't so bad. Tastes a lot better than those birthday cakes I'll tell ya that!

TTFN!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #11  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Happy Weekend, Gang . . .

Glad to hear about those losses, girls . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . we can all keep things moving in the great downward direction if we just keep doing as much of the good stuff as we possibly can.

Couldn't resist putting up a new Avatar this morning when this silly gopher popped up on my new calendar page. Think he came to see if his prediction from last month was proving to be true. Well, it seems to be working a bit down here. The nasty storm that Ontario and Quebec got earlier was supposed to hit us last night, but all we got was a couple of inches of snow. Yippee. Today, the sun is shining and the radio just told me we are supposed to get a high of +7C (45F) today . . . love it . . . hope it lasts.

Nothing exciting on my agenda today. Have to pick up Mouse (Mr. Grumpy) and pay another vet bill, of course. Purrecious has earned herself the nickname of Flying Squirrel . . . she is absolutely crazy. Jazz is feeling pretty good. The squirrel even got him to play with her this morning. I'm sure the arrival of the 'grump' will put a little damper on the frivolity for a couple of days. Oh well, it's his home, too.

Had that wonderful, yummy Oatmeal/eggwhite/cottagecheese pancake for breakfast. Wow, if any of you have yet to try them, you really should. Soooo yummy, yummy and healthy, healthy . . . Don't think I'd ever want one of those 'real' white flour, nothing-good-about-em, pancakes again. Thanks again, Tammy.

Anyway, I'd better get a move on. Hope you all have a great day and a great weekend if you are too busy to stop in until next week. See you soon.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #12  
Diana

Hello ladies. Sorry it's beena few days...I actually typed this really long post yesterday and was about ready to post it, and accidently (w/side of my hand) shut down my computer and lost it all. I didn't have the heart to re-type it all, especially since it was a dreaded "confession" post. LOLOL Had not done well Wed. and Thur. at all. Friday was much better. Today I'm within my range, but I'm close to as high as I want to go and it's only 1:30 pm. I CAN DO IT THOUGH! Started out the day kinda rough...went "junkin'" (explain later) with my son bright and early and we always have breakfast at mcdonald's when we do that. I tried to just go in and have a coke (diet), but he refused to eat unless I did (he's eight yrs old!). My heart melted at the concern of my son (he kept saying, "Mom, you neeeeeeed to eat something! It just won't be right if you don't"). So I had 11 points while I was there. Since, I've had an additional 5. My target is 28, but given my week, I'd like to keep it down substantially from that. I don't know if I'll make it, though. I did do some housework today, though. I've had exercise...more than normal. Hopefully it'll help.

Tina, I just wanted to sincerely thank you for the nice compliment on my new pic. It made tears well up in my eyes! I sincerely appreciate it! Especially coming from you....can you tell we all look up to you so much? LOL

And Robbin, I'm soooo very glad that your scales are cooperating now! You sound so much like I did when I first came here. Ask Tina...I'm sure she remembers how I struggled! I gave up for a whole year, though....don't go where I went! Stay strong....It's sooooo worth is, as you already well know!

And Tammy, I am soooooooo excited for you! I feel like it's me that's only a mere 4 lbs from onederland!!! Rock on, girl! You're practically "home free!" (well, you know what I mean!!) If anyone deserves it.....YOU DO!

Well, all....must go. Much to do. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as we've just (15 minutes ago) been invited to a crawfish boil tomorrow at 2 PM. I'm gonna try to go there with a plan of what I'm going to eat. I WILL BE GOOD! I WILL BE GOOD! I WILL BE GOOD!!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #13  

Hi Ladies...Sorry I have been MIA again. I've been in hibernation mode since Wednesday with the nasty weather we have had. Needless to say, I'm sick to death of snow!!! It started snowing hard since Wednesday morning and never stopped till yesterday Thursday and Friday we had blizzard conditions, so we have drifts in our yard over 6' high, can't get out of our yard and it looks like it will be Monday before the grater get the road clear.

I haven't been watching what I eat till today, nor writting it down, so the scales I know will not show a loss for this week unless I get my act together real fast.
Suffering a case of CABIN FEVER!!! I so badly want to go to town and can't get there!!!

Congrats Tina, Diane and Tammy for your losses this week. Great job girls!!!

I try to make it back here tomorrow.

Cheryl
Old 03-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #14  
Diana

Just a quick post to say I stayed on target yesterday...below, even. I went to bed (terribly hungry) at 21 points....my target is 28. Yay! This morning I have a pretty bad headache because I'm so hungry. I've had 2 points in muffins so far...still hungry. I'm swearing off McDonald's....until I go junkin' again! lol McDonald's is truly an evil, evil place!!!

TOM is slowly creeping up on me too (he can't decide if he wants to stay or not).

Gettin' ready for church....good luck today girls!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #15  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

I’m sitting here enjoying my day off. Both kids are recovered from the flu and will be able to go back to school tomorrow. So it’s back to work for me. As much as I enjoy NOT going to work, I will be glad to get back in my routine. We went to the bookstore last night and I bought a new book called “The Body Sculpting Bible for Women”. Some of the ladies in the Ladies who life thread recommended it to use to begin weight training. I’ve dabbled in it some over the last few months, but now I’m ready to get serious. I also bought a set of 10 and 15 lb dumbbells, as I have outgrown my 5 lb ones on some of the exercises. Anyway, I’m excited to start something new today.

Robbin, I’m glad to hear that your scales have been nice to you. Keep going, you’ve made such great progress since you started.

Tina, I’m sending you some for your birthday parties. I hope you were able to stay strong at both of them. One is hard enough, but two… I’m so glad to here that the scales went down again for you.

Linda, Cute avatar. Did your sunny weather hold? We have had some pretty days this weekend. Which we needed after all of the thunderstorms and tornadoes that came through last week. I’m having pancakes this morning too. They were Ilene’s recipe, I’m just passing it around since it was so good.

Diana, If you were below your points yesterday, you must have been very, very good at the crawfish boil last night. You must have planned what you were going to eat very well. That’s a great way to stay on track when you’re eating out. Don’t forget to go to McDonald’s website to see what you could have there the next time you go junkin’.

Hi Cheryl, I hope you are managing to stay sane while being trapped inside. I hope you’re back on track with your eating today. It sounded like you were. Being trapped inside would make me more liable to cheat. Stay strong.

I hope you all have a great week.
Closed Thread