Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #1  

Default Waist won't budge!

Anyone have this problem? I am losing inches every where but my waist...where I need it most! Now my pants that were baggy in the rear and leg are even baggier, and just the slightest bit looser in the waist. Being an able shape is such a pain! Maybe I should just get a good girdle and get over it
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:56 PM   #2  

If your waist was the first place you put weight on, I'm sorry to report that it might be the last place you take weight off
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #3  

You could try more core toning exercises though, you can't really spot-train for it, but you can certainly tighten it up!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I am biggest in the waist also. I don't wear women's pants very much for that reason--they are huge in the hips and legs if they fit my waist.

As I lose weight, I am going down in my waist also, but not as noticeably. I've found that abdominal exercises do help with that by toning those muscles, but it's important to do the right exercises in the right way.

I was in a play a couple of months ago, and the costume I had to wear was just not quite large enough in the middle--so I did in fact go out and buy a waist cincher. It worked--I looked great in the costume. I'm glad I don't wear one all the time though!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I used to hate them initially, but there are some advantages to low-rise pants. Not the ones that are so low that you flash people when bending over, but those that sit just below the belly button. You'll have to wear a longer shirt, but I find that helps to elongate my short torso.

At first, I lost weight fairly proportionately, but then began to lose only from my chest and hips. Starting out with a pear/hourglass shape, I was mortified to see myself turning into a thick stick. It's very frustrating, but you just have to have faith that you'll end up balanced out in the end.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #6  

ejm, sam e here! I have always considered myself to be very proportionate and when i gain, I typically gain everywhere. Pretty much the hourglass type , but yessssssssss! and I have noticed the same thing. When i start losing weight, I dwindle in the hip, but, leg portion rather fast! my waist dwindels too but not at the same ratio! it could make a size difference for me. fitting into a size everywhereeeeeeeee but in the waist! ugh.. my plan of attack, aerobics which incoporate lots of upper body movement (i easily ge the lower bod workout, walking, etc.) , some upper bod strenght training (yes because its not just in my midsection but above!) and least but most importantly! cross-overs! I will be doing more of them this month! sit ups but cross -overs target the sides of the waist line and do dwindle in the waist! also, lower abdominal workouts! let me know how you make out okay? im working on this one too! most ab workouts (in the past anyways) were geared towards the upper abs) so my aim right now is cross overs and lower abs workout. keep me posted
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #7  

I forgot to mention one important fact, at least for me! carbbbbbbbbs! I need to restrict them quite a bit, it makes a big difference. If I have too many, no matter how much i exercise or eat healthy, for some reason it just goes to my waistline! so I am most definitely watching this
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #8  

FullSteamAhead, I notice that about carbs too...which is a pity as they're delicious.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Ugh, don't talk to me about carbs! Seems thats all i consume! LOL!
I also have problems with my waist. In the past 2 years my waist has gone down only 3 inches!!!! Gack!!! Still working on it though, pretty seriously in the past few days, I'm determined to have a 29-30 inch waist again!
good luck!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am an hourglass shape, and tend to lose my belly area first...which is great, but I am always frustrated that my rounder behind/thighs have the trouble slimming down...

I was complaining about it one day though, and my DH said jokingly that "if I didn't have a butt, then I wouldn't be here".

The thing is...I have always envied the great legs and boobs that apple figures tend to have naturally. You ladies ALWAYS have great legs...

The grass is always greener on the other side, huh?
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #11  

I feel ya on the leg thing there, Aphil. I lose weight off my upper midsection?? first, and then, below my bellybutton down to my calves is a whole other story. Oh well...that's what cardio's for. If I can't get small legs I'll go for toned legs.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #12  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Wow, so many of us in the same boat, heh? I've always been hourglassed to the point of waists being too big when the rest of the pants fit. Not any more! The hips/thighs are gone, but the waist is still there. I'm waiting not so patiently for the waist and lower stomach area to catch up to the rest of me.....then we'll celebrate in a big way!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote