Old 01-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Talking Teens-introductions!

Well, our teens group is finally taking off. So, i guess well use our first thread for introductions.
My name is Hailey. Im 15 years old and a sofmor in highschool. I live with my mom, dad, 2 sisters, and 1 brother. Im the youngest (grr). I have always been a little overweight, ive never really been skinny. I am 5 foot 3 inches tall and i havent grown in years, so im pretty sure this is the height i will be for the rest of 4ever. But im ok w/ that cuz i like being on the shorter side cuz that means im shorter than most guys. A little about me: I love music, i listen to mostly rock, then punk, and little bit of everything else except rap. I play the clarinet in band at skool, i dont rly have ne hobbies. Umm...i like to scrapbook. I love hanging out with friends. I also enjoy going to church. My church has a really awesome youth group. Our youth pastor is cool and its a lot of fun to go fellowship with my christian friends.
Um, my weight story: ive always been on the heavier side and so ive been "dieting" for years. I dont have very good self confidence or self esteem but im really good at hiding that. But i promise to be 100% real with u guys-thus my username. A year and a half ago i weighed 130ish pounds, i thought i was soo fat, and now that is my goal weight. Over the course of a year i went up to 167 pounds. Not very much changed i was eating more cals but i was also more active so the exact reason for my dramatic weight gain im still not sure. Over a few months i lost about 17 pounds, but i went up and down up and down, loose 6, gain 3. Loose 5, gain 4. It was a long 3 months. Now i am 150 pounds and on a very frustrating plateau.

I love to have a good time, so its sometimes hard 4 me 2 b serious, but ima good listener, and i like to listen to ppl when they have a problem. im thinking of becoming a therapist/conselar person.I love people, i love to talk and to get to know people. I think life is awesome but there are times when i get really mad and i hate life. But, life is 40% wat happens to you and 50% how you respond (yes i know thats not 100, the other 10% is based on the ppl around u cuz they do affect ur life in a lot of wayz.)
Well, i hope this told a little bout me. Looking back its actually a lot longer than i expected. So, feel free to introduce urself. U dont have 2 write nething specific, just about who u r and stuff.
Hopefully ill be able to get to know u better! Oh, and if ne1 wants, u can email me:
[email protected]
or u can always PM me.
Have a great day!!!!!

~HaiLeY~
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:44 AM   #2  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Morning Hailey!! Well The only reason i say good morning is because i couldnt sleep and its 1:30am!! So I decided to come on line and checkout whats going on!

So a little bit about myself (not much i promise). I am 18 years old and a middle child. My weight Story...Well i wasnt really that over weight until these past two years. I started weighing 130lbs but then gained 25 lbs over 2 summers. So since september I have been trying to lose these 25lbs pounds since for ever and i keep giving up over and over again. I am 155lbs right now and would love to get down to 130lbs by May or June. I havent started a diet yet but will be Feb 1st just because i have a few issues that i know will be solved by then.

I guess now for my hobbies! Gosh i am really bad this introducing stuff LOL!! Well i hate to lie about it but i am a bit shallow ( well you guys did ask for the truth) I love to shop, til i drop. I shop all the time and i am pretty damn good at it. But shopping isnt all, i also love to do all kinds of sports. Mostly extreme. um...what else? well..I am too tired to think staright..........um....Ya my brain isnt working right now. So I am going to go back to sleep and hopefully finish this intorducing thing tomorrow.

Well have A good night or good day chickas!! And I am Looking forward to meeting many of you.

Xoxo KIKI (Beyonca)
Lose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:26 PM   #3  
one day at a time

Nice to meetcha Lose25!!! (It says Beyonce in parenthesis at the bottom of ur post, is that ur name??)

I would write more right now but i have to write a paper for English and ive been on the internet procrastinating for about 2 hours now. Wish me luck!!

~HaiLeY~
Old 02-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #4  
Kee

Hey good luck... Ya it is Beyonca. I guess no one knows how to find this thread??? I dont know personally i have a hard time finding it too the only way i find is by finding where you have posted. In which group is this thread?? Anyways how is you diet coming along?Its feb 2 and i havent started mine hopefully soon!!

Beyonca
Old 02-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/164/129

Height: 5'3

Hey! My name is Valerie, im 15, and a sophomore in high school. Im the oldest of 4 kids, I just moved to South Carolina from New York, and im bad at introductions lol. I started to follow the weight watchers point system in early January and so far have lost 15 pounds. Sorry I dont have time to write a longer intro, but I wanted to make sure I reply because I think its a really good idea! Hope to hear from you soon!

-Valerie
bubblebug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #6  
Kee

Hey Welcome!! And Congrats On your 15lbs Lost thats Huge!! Keep It UP!! Hm... Maybe i should follow the weight watchers! So In two months you lost 15lbs? Thats really good. Did you do it on your own or went to meetings?

Kee
Old 03-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #7  
one day at a time

Hey everyone!! Nice to meet cha Valerie!! Hope everything is going good. How are you guys doing?? Im doing okay, life is kind of busy right now. I dont have time to write, i just wanted to drop by and say hi!!

~HaiLeY~
Old 03-05-2007, 01:20 AM   #8  

Hey "Lose25"! Yeah im finding weight watchers to be a rather easy diet, its going great! No, I dont go to the meetings but my mom was on weight watchers a few months ago and lost 60 pounds so I just use all the books and things from when she went. I love the "points" system! Talk to everyone soon!

-Valerie
Old 03-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #9  
Kee

HEy sorry i Havent been around for a while. Anyways i have lost 5lbs so far but it doesnt really feel like i have. And i feel that 5lbs in a month is way too little. So my goal for this march is to lose at least 10lbs. But so far i dont know that seems maybe a bit too much. Bubblebug I was thinking of joining weight watchers but i found it too expensive. Right now i am doing my own thing and to be honest i havent been dieting much just exercising a lot. But i am working really hard on eatin better this month which would mean about 1500-1600 calories. Last month it was between 1800-2500 so that wasnt great but i stil managed to lose.

So whats everone else's struggles? And how about your diet plans?!

Hope to hear from you guys soon
Old 03-14-2007, 12:51 AM   #10  

Hey, yeah I found it too expensive too, thats why I dont do the meetings. I know what you mean I dont feel like im losing weight, im only losing about a pound a week, but thats with very little exercise, I guess if I did more then I would lose a bit more. But I have went down a size in jeans though so im happy about that! Talk to everyone soon!

-Valerie
Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Hey, just wanted to let you all know that there's another teen around here. I'm 16, and I have quite a bit more than 25 or 15 pounds to lose. I have about 115-120. I've been fat my entire childhood because of my family's bad eating habits, which I adapted, and then I went into compulsive overeating and comfort eating. One day about 2 years ago I said I would diet or kill myself, so I lost 20 pounds by cutting out junk. I went on a trip with a teacher and lost 12 more pounds. I went home and starved the rest off for about 7-8 months. I got down to 157. Then one day, I binged and that binged has lasted until now. My highest weight is 255, and I'm trying to get started now.I realize starving doesn't fix anything. Eventually you'll gain the weight you lost. I'm trying to lose 2 pounds a week from now on, and hopefully by my 18th birthday I'll be 130.

My name is Amanda and I like to be on the computer, play games, do ceramics/art in general, I like almost all music, but techno is my favorite. I love this board because the people are so nice...and I'm learning to accept my weight and be realistic so I can lose the weight.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #12  
one day at a time

WELCOME GAMERCHICK!! Its so great to meet you!
You will definatly find tons of support on this site, its awesome.
I hope to get to know you better as time goes by.
~HaiLeY~
Old 03-17-2007, 01:58 AM   #13  

Hey Gamerchick! These boards really help me, before I started dieting I used to go to food when I was bored, but now I come here and it really helps! This week I lost 3.9 pounds! YAY! I also wanted to tell people about my moms weight loss website its, www.blicksjourney.com, check it out if any of you have time!

-Valerie
Old 03-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #14  
one day at a time

hello again everyone! I hope everyones week is going good. I am really ebjoying my spring break from school. I cant believe this school year is almost over,
I have 7 weeks to loose a dress size. lol sounds impossible. I have a pair of jeans, i got them almost 2 years ago, and i really want to be able to fit into them again. So that is my goal. Cuz they are really cute pants, lol.
What are yalls current goals?? How is the weight loss going??
Hope everyone is doing good. Have fun in school!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:19 AM   #15  

Hey, I have a shirt that I bought last year that I have hanging in my closet and I look at it everyday for inspiration, it helps. This week im not doing so good... the scale is staying pretty much the same, but I guess some weeks are like that.

-Valerie