Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 10:04 PM   #1  
Beauty is within...

Smile Ready and Able... Just!! :-))

Okay guys!! Let's see if we can't get our butts in gear, for the new year, and start seeing some really cool results.. or collapse trying!

I don't know about anyone else, but trying to remain motivated day in day out, especially if doing the same exercise all the time, can be hard! So let's band together, push each other to keep going, and have some fun doing it!!!

See you on the up track!

Lynne

PS This is for anyone, no matter where or who you are, or how you choose to exercise, we're all here for the same reason... to get fit!!! (oh that's right, and that darned weight loss thing too! )
Old 02-07-2002, 10:12 PM   #2  
Beauty is within...

Rose, how's that? Make any other comments if you want.....

I missed my exercise last night. I'm hoping to go for a walk tonight, but I don't like the look of those clouds..
Then I was thinking I could go for a swim, but my bathers are looking a bit sad - to be honest, cos I'm a bit "big" for them, they've stretched and are showing a few signs of wear and tear! But I can't afford a new pair, and short and t-shirts are ok for the beach, but difficult at the gym! *sigh* don't want to waste my membership, so might just have to push them that one last time! As long as they don't collapse in the middle of a breaststroke! ha ha ha

Shall we make promises to ourselves and each other on how we're going to get back into this? So far, it's been "let's just exercise as often as possible", but you know what happens then!!! However, I'm thinking I'll make this month "exercising Lynne" month, whereby I won't let ANYTHING or ANYONE get in the way of my exercise. Therefore, if nothing else, my old Jenny Craig aerobic video will have to do tonight!!! That should give Marc a good laugh anyway.. haven't done it in about .. ummm.. well maybe I shouldn't go there! *snort* long enough to probably only last 1/2 the vid!!!

Well enough yakking.. told you I was back on board! Now you'll wish I'd go away again! hee hee

Take it easy!

Lynne

PS Aim is to take Josh on a bike ride through the National Park that is just across the road this weekend.. sounds like good weather, so shouldn't be any excuses!!
Old 02-08-2002, 08:05 AM   #3  
Theres no stopping me now

Hi Lynne. I too am ready willing, just about able & determined.

This is going to be my year, the year I lose a majority if not all of my extra weight. Until a year ago I didn't realise the importance of exercise in weight loss. I had attended to many brain washing slimming club sessions, where they tell you it is all in what you eat.

I have been exercising since the beginning of January & have been working out with vengenance since Monday. I like to get up early in the morning & work out, an aerobic video or riding my exercise bike. I am looking forward to the lighter & warmer mornings, when I'll be able to get out on my 'normal' bike

I also try & walk in my lunch hour but it isn't always possible, so if I'm stuck in meetings or whatever I try & find time in the evening. I also love to swim, but I am not that good, but I enjoy it so to me that is all that matters. I'm off to the pool for a swim tonight & like you I am too big for my cossie. It always feels a bit snug, I know if I keep working at it though it will soon be too big for me - I live in hope.

Keep working at it, it's the only way we are going to do it.

Carol

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 02-08-2002 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:45 PM   #4  

Hi everyone!

Lynne-I love the title! I just looked for you name to find out which one it was and here I am. Okay seeing that TOM is here and I was in pain last night the only thing I managed to do was a little strength training (8 minutes in the morning). That's all I did! But tonight I promised myself to do Tae Bo or a Crunch video as soon as I get home. I'm not sure how I'll keep myself motivated but with all this support on this new thread I'm sure it will be allot easier then before! Thanks for starting it Lynne!

Carol-Swimming is such great exercise! I just read an article in Self magazine ( I think that's the magazine) and it suggested swimming for an all around toning/aerobic exercise. So way to go! I really think I need to get up and work out in the mornings because by the time the evening rolls around I'm just too lazy to do anything. Well I think we can do it with us all supporting each other. I'm glad you're here.

I'm with Lynne the more the merrier so everybody join us and lets lose those inches and pounds!

Oh and when is the easiest time for you to exercise. Mornings , afternoons or evenings? Just wondering. I need all the suggestions I can get to keep myself moving.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:37 PM   #5  

Okay where is everybody? I know it's the weekend. I had a bad headache today so no exercise again! But I will start again tomorrow. I read an article that said to only do cardio three times a week for 30 minutes and strength training for the same amount on alternate days. I'm wondering if that's what I should aim for. I need to start doing the exercises in the morning though I think. That's the only way I'll stick with it. Okay I hope someone posts here soon. I'm getting lonely.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:06 AM   #6  

Its a wet rainy sunday & I'm thinking about going for a walk. Everybody is doing there own thing here this afternoon so may just get away with it.

Went for a long walk yesterday with the boys, took them 3.5 miles - too far from them really, good for them though.

I try & take it easy on the exercise over the weekend, but do really want to do something today - Tae Bo day tomorrow. Don't know if I'll be able to talk after that !!

Best see if I can 'escape' for walk by myself.

Carol
Old 02-10-2002, 06:27 PM   #7  
Beauty is within...

Ok, I'm here to confess my sins... I didn't exercise at all over the weedend!

Friday night just didn't happen, and can't say why in particular except I let others get in my way, such as organising Josh for bed etc, spending time with Marc, YOU KNOW. Love them to death, but sometimes I let their needs get ahead of my own...

Saturday, I was HEAPS busy, and got lots done - still trying to get the new house in order, and attacked my studio space so I can start painting. I also tidied up the front garden. So I WAS energetic, but didn't do the walking. So I guess it was ok. But then on Sunday my back was killing me, and I felt like crap, and then got my period! Which explained the crap, but didn't help me exercise!

So back into it tonight, and I PROMISE to start journalling again!

Carol, welcome to the group. I have to say I am soooo IMPRESSED with your motivation to exercise. You put me to shame!!! We can certainly use someone of your energy here, will push us along!

Hi Rose, glad you found us! I have found that I need to exercise earlier in the day, and before a meal. So either before breakfast (too early!), before lunch (hard when working), or before dinner - this is the best one for me at the moment. I find if I wait until after dinner, I'm too tired and just want to blob. The best time if you can do it is in the morning, because it's really energising, and then you know you don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day!

My promise is to exercise at least 5 times this week..... I WILL NOT let things get in my way! Watch out Adelaide Hills here I come!

Catch you all tomorrow.

Oh, and weekends aren't my best, so I'm sorry if I don't get in. I think Marc hogs it too much!!!

Lynne
Old 02-12-2002, 04:44 PM   #8  

Hi everybody!

Okay I've had good intentions Monday and this morning to get up early and do my exercise (Crunch tape or Tae Bo) and guess what I've been doing........ that's right I've been pushing the snooze button! So I have committed to do my Tae Bo as soon as I get home from work before anything else! I also think that if I miss my morning workouts I need to follow up in the evenings and make sure I get it in. I've decided to do cardio on Monday, Weds. and Friday and do strength on Tues., Thurs., and Saturday. Sunday will be my day off of everything. I can have my food treat and no exercise! I think I'm going to start marking it on a calendar so if I don't do my exercise I'll feel bad about it. I hope this works.

Carol-I love Tae Bo. I've only done the basic workouts though the advanced are too challenging for me right now. I have the first basic workout, Live Basic workout and two of the Tae Bo II basics workouts. I switch them around so I don't get bored and I bought all of them from EBay so I didn't have to buy the whole sets except for the very first ones I bought. How often do you Tae Bo?

Lynne-Don't feel bad. I know what you're talking about. My son had a dance this weekend and most of my weekend was taken up by getting him ready for the dance. I really have no excuse for not exercising Monday or this morning except I'm lazy! Okay so tonight I will Tae Bo. We can do it!

Okay now that I have renewed interest in moving again I'll check back tomorrow to report my success with exercising tonight! We can do this everybody!
Old 02-13-2002, 08:12 AM   #9  

HI. Just a quick post as I’m at work. I know what you mean about kids & partners taking over all your spare time & their needs coming way in front of yours.

I didn’t manage to go for my walk on Sunday afternoon, my Tom decided to pay a visit, which explained the way I had been feeling. I have been working my butt off ever since though. I try and work out for an hour Monday to Friday (2 30 minute sessions) and then either a walk or a swim on Saturday & nothing on Sunday. I need to work out in the morning, if I don’t then I’m full of excuses for not doing it later on in the day. So far this week I have walked 6.5 miles in 4 bouts from Monday to Wednesday, done my Tae Bo basics – just about alive after it and done 35 mins of aerobics this morning.

I am very motivated at the moment, but the only person making me this way is me, just hope I can keep it up. I am so good at the moment I’m getting out of bed before 6 so I can work out, shower, eat & drive to work before 8. It isn’t easy though & I have been tempted to hit that snooze button too.

At the moment I am only doing Tae Bo Basic Live once a week. It fits well into my schedule that way and because it kills me. I usually do it on a Monday morning and I know then that it is out of the way and that the rest of my exercise will be easier. Seeing that written down makes it look like a really terrible attitude & that I don’t like doing Tae Bo. I do like doing it, I just don’t do it well enough at the moment, but it is getting easier.

And I said this was going to be short…….

Carol
Old 02-13-2002, 06:08 PM   #10  

Okay first of all I'm doing a happy dance! I actually worked out last night. I'm so happy. And my efforts to get up this morning to workout (at 5 AM) didn't pan out so I will have to do my workout tonight after grocery shopping and before or during laundry. Whew I'm getting tired just thinking about it!!

Carol-Wow your routine impresses me! That's allot of working out but it looks like it's paying off with your stats. Congrats on your weight loss by the way. I'm determined to lose weight this summer and I believe Tae Bo will help me get there. I'm not the best at it either but it is a good workout. What other tapes do you use? Have you done any of the Crunch series? I really like them.

Lynne-Where are you? Life keeping you busy ? Okay I'm at work as well so I need to make this short. I'll try to check back tonight but with my schedule I doubt that it will happen.

Take care everyone and let's keep moving!
Old 02-13-2002, 07:05 PM   #11  
Hang In There

Default Hi,

I'm "Ageoldie" and I hang out on the Oxycise thread with Rose and others. Right now it's too quite there to suit me. I'm off work for a few weeks due to having knee replacement surgery on Feb 1. I have always been SEMI-regular with my exercise. I have arthritis so bad that if I miss two or three days of exercise, I can barely move, so even when we go on vacation, I take my swimsuit and aquacisers and exercise in the pools at the hotels. I am a member of a health club and since I don't have to be a work until about 11:00 I go to the gym when I get up of a morning and either do a water aerobic class, or some other type of exercise.

Since I've had the surgery I have one set of exercises I have to do twice a day and then another set that I have to do three times. That set includes trying to ride the stationary bike.

Unfortunatly I'm not doing much else, just reading, watching QVC and surfing the net` and people from the church are bring our dinner meal everynight, so I'm eating too good. But hopefully the exercising habit will carry on!!!
Old 02-13-2002, 11:26 PM   #12  
Beauty is within...

Thumbs down

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven’t posted, but I hit the ground running at the moment!

The job hunt is still on, so I’m in and out of work all the time. I went for an interview today, but decided I didn’t like the place.

Still haven’t kicked in with the journal or major exercise, but I’m certainly busy enough to keep the metabolism going! Although I’m not recording my food, I’m conscious of what I’m eating, and doing well.

I will post more later, but again, gotta go. Trying to get used to the new hours with school and stuff, but getting there!

Take it easy, and speak to you soon.

BTW, Welcome Barbg, love to have you join us, and I will catch up more with you when I post again!

Lynne

PS HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE - KNOW YOU ARE LOVED!!!!!
Old 02-14-2002, 07:00 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone!

Hey Barbg-Welcome over here. It's great to have you posting on here. I agree our O thread was getting very quiet. In fact too quiet. I'm glad you've decided to find us and post here too. Make sure you take it slow with the exercise and don't try to do too much to fast. We want you to get well quickly but safely!

Lynne-Totally understand about the busy part. I'm sure you'll find a job soon. The right one just hasn't come along yet. Post when you can.

Carol-are you still hanging in here with us? I hope so. Post when you can.

By the way I hope you all have a Happy Valentines Day and get treated like the Princesses that we all are!
Old 02-17-2002, 07:30 PM   #14  
Beauty is within...

Good morning everyone!

Well, that’s one weekend I can do without! I am stuffed!!!
We’ve got an inspection today, and the owner wants to take a look as well as our landlord, so we’ve been busting our humps trying to get it all in tip top shape. I mean, with an inspection you make sure the house is clean and tidy, but knowing the owners are coming through means you’ve got to go that extra mile. And it’s a pain in the butt!!!

I’ve got another interview today, and I’m sooo not in the mood!! However, gotta keep at it, hopefully not for much longer!

I got out for a walk yesterday - took Josh on his bike to the park across the road. Discovered it had a nice long path that went up and down hills, so I was huffing and puffing after Josh, who was having a ball. Think we found our new spot!

Eating is not too good, because we don’t have much in the house at the moment, but I’m not eating a lot, and not snacking, so it’s evening itself out at the moment. Helps that I’m so active. I look forward to a full fridge, and the time to get fully on track. It peeves me I can’t, but not much I can do…

I was going to come in on the weekend and say hi, but our computer was out of action… so doing this at work again. However, finally got it up and running last night, so should be okay now! *sigh* seems like one drama after another at the moment…. Welcome back to the real world!

Carol, sorry I missed your post before.... I tell you, you shouldn't feel that what you said is bad, cos by my books, you are doing GREAT!!! And I think your approach to exercise is so sensible and motivational, we could definitely do with someone of your determination in this group!! Hope you're over your TOM, I'm certainly glad to see the back of mine!!!

To all you others, how was your weekend, and did you manage to put in a better effort than me???

Well, guess I better get back to it.... catch up with you all tomorrow.....
Here's to working hard on making our programs work - I know that YOU GUYS are FANTASTIC and I don't know WHAT I'd do without you!!!

Lynne
Old 02-17-2002, 08:18 PM   #15  
Hang In There

Default Exercising Away

Well, with 5 sets of exercises a day, I should be doing something weight wise. I sure hope so. Yes I know these rehab exercises are not strenious as I'd normally do, but I'm sdoing the Oxycise breathing twice a day. I go get my stitches out Thursday and Then I can start back at the gym and do my water exercises. I'm trying not to eat too much while I'm home laying around. People from the church were bringing in our evening meal the first two weeks, but I told them to stop it. Everyday it was enought for two meals instead of one. Just exactly what either one of us needs, more food.

For those of you who do not know me, my DH is in bad health and is scheduled for gastric bypas sursgery for weight loss on April 26th and right now his diabetis is out of control. He can only walk a few feet without getting short of breath. The decision for the surgery was a hard one, but now that it has been made, we are both anxious to get it over with.

Well, it's time to go ice my leg and then do twenty more minutes of exercise. I'll be back tomorrow.
Closed Thread