Old 02-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 Year Olds #94

G'day all,

Start of the weekend for us and we have some overcast skies, I think everyone is keeping their fingers crossed for some rain

The forecast is that there MAYBE some rain.

Kerry good to hear you had a nice holiday, sorry about the weight gain but you will have that off again very quickly once back in your old routine.

Ann if you did ever post it, I must have forgotten. Hope all is well with your 'mitral valve'. Sorry this person at your meeting upset you but good for you to put him in his place!

Glenda
we have heard so much about the Cowboy Hall of fame and that is a MUST for dh.
Now that we have our 'Navman' I feel very confident that we won't get lost, once we are used to the right side of the road we should be right.
We met someone who really enjoyed America and I asked what his impressions were and the first thing he said was that everyone chewed gum!!!! and that the meals are HUGE. I had heard the bit about the meals before and we have already decided to share every meal.
I know it is a bit strange but I lose weight rather then put on when we are away, I think it is because we have just 2 meals and a bit of a snack and fruit for the day. DH is very disciplined with food so I just do the same thing.

Poppy is being a bit of a nightmare for her mother and ds, tonight I am looking after her for the night, I had a huge night sleep last night so if I don't get too much tonight it will be fine.

It is now only 6 weeks before we go......

Cheers
Maria

flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #2  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Hello to you all on this grand Friday...

Ann, I was in the south caribbean and it was great...
I am not to far from lakeland, I used to shop there before they built the Brandon mall and now I shop there..Today my morning show was all about winter haven and it was a great show, we visited all the local spots and restaurants.. Hope you are felling OK....
Glenda, yes I enjoyed the food 100 % ..It was a cruise and you know how the food can be..... ..I am back on program and weigh-in is tomorrow morning..my fingers are crossed...
Maria, I sure am back on track......

Have a great week-end everyone....
kerriscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #3  

Kerrie I really lose weight on a cruise, I get dreadfully seasick
The advertisements for cruises always look so inviting but both dh and myself just feel a bit queazy just watching a boat bobbing around!

I can imagine it would be very difficult to restrain yourself from eating all those delicacies on board a cruise especially when they are just served up to you!

Good luck tomorrow at your weigh in. You maybe in for a pleasant surprise!

It is now late saturday afternoon and we never did get rain, just hot again.

Cheers
Maria
Old 02-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #4  
Member Florida Chick

Maria: Sorry- No rain. It must all be falling in the guise of snow in our middle states. :

tonight we have a concert at our church The Isaacs'. A Christian group who regularly performs with Bill Gaither's Homecoming. It is to benefit our school. I hope there is a good crowd.

Kerri: i love cruises. We haven't been on one for a while. It is such a good way to relax, but - it is hard not to over eat, since if one chose you could eat 24hrs a day. Which Cruise line did you go on? Hope your weigh-in was good.

Where is the rest of the crew?

Off to start something to eat and then we go early to get a good seat. See you all another day. Ann

Losing weight is such a never ending chore.
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:45 PM   #5  

G'day all,

We had little Poppy last night and unfortunately I did not have that much sleep. It wasn't really Poppy's fault, I just couldn't sleep listening out for her
She slept the early evening just in dh's arms, such a sweet little baby.

I wondered this morning where Karen is, we haven't heard from her with emails or postings, hope everything is allright.

Ann I hope your concert was succesful and enjoyable.

No rain, more heat forecasted

Cheers
Maria
Old 02-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #6  

G'day all,

We had little Poppy last night and unfortunately I did not have that much sleep. It wasn't really Poppy's fault, I just couldn't sleep listening out for her
She slept the early evening just in dh's arms, such a sweet little baby.

I wondered this morning where Karen is, we haven't heard from her with emails or postings, hope everything is allright.

Ann I hope your concert was succesful and enjoyable.

No rain, more heat forecasted

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-07-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #7  
Kerri

Maria, who is in that wonderful picture...

Well I did get weighed and I was up 3 1/2 #s and I will deal with it...With all I ate that is OK...

Ann , sure hope your concert went well...I was on carnival and not my favorite but its always cheep....

It sure is quiet around here...Hope all is well with all you Feisty Sexy gals..
Well I am into bed early tonight as I am dead tired..Had the grand girls over night while my DD2 and SonIL moved and wow they can where me down..10 and 4....
Old 02-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #8  
Fun Blonde

I am with you, Maria, on the cruises. I cannot even imagine going on one. A car is about all I can handle and sometimes I can get so carsick.

Kerri, how many grandkids do you have? Do they all live close?

Ann, hope the concert was a great success. It was to benefit your school, but what school is that?

All, I go in on Wednesday for my cancer checkup. Just a little stress, always. Hoping for another good report. It has now been 8 years since the recurrence.

Met with my high school friends on Saturday. One of them had brain surgery 2 years ago for a brain bleed and we thought she wouldn't make it. She has changed so much--used to be T-Niny, but now doesn't move much and says she will never diet again. She had so much trouble just walking around a few stores. I hope I never get that way, but I can't judge since I have no idea how exactly she feels. Just glad I can diet, even though I don't lose, and I can walk. Very thankful.

My hubby is home again sick. This is going into the second week, off and on. Started as a cold and yesterday turned into stomach problems. If this continues till tomorrow, we go to the doctor. Sure do miss him. But there is something about him in that he really doesn't fight a sickness in his mind. He cannot smile if he feels bad. Is it just men?

Got to go. Maria, that baby looked very peaceful in Grandpa's arms.
Glenda
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #9  
Web Nana

It's snowing! But the good news is not much! The bad news is we are to expect more later in the week. I am in a warm house, have food at hand and something to read.....so I really don't care.

Last night I did what I said I wouldn't do....I watched the Oscars. Grandson, 15, loaned us 'The Departed' last Saturday and we watched it. It was good, violent and the language was attrocious....but had a lot of local scenery and we were trying to identify all the places we could. I thought the show was long and wished they had put more significant winners on earlier but.....then it wouldn't be the Oscars. Now I need a nap.

Maria: I loved the picture of Poppy and Grandpa...he looks so pleased to be watching her sleep.

Kerri: I have never been on a cruise but not because of seasickness but because of the nearness of all that food.

Glenda: Good luck with your check up. Hope your dh will be feeling better soon and a dr. visit may just put both your minds at ease.

Ann: Hope your concert was a great success.

Hope everyone is well and we all know that Slavika is enjoying herself in lovely Hawaii.

Nap time....will 'see' you all later. Gloria
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Hi: the Isaacs were wonderful. Very talented family. Mama, 2 sisters and brother (her children ) They sang a song one of the daughters had written called Yours and Mine, Talking about how mothers would like to be able to save their children from all the troubles and pain they go through, and then the mothers sings they can be yours and mine. Brought tears to my eyes since I have two daughters too, and I could understand the whole feeling we have as mothers. I'm sure you have all felt that way at times, too.

Chorus rehearsal this afternoon. It went fairly well, but we do have some very rough spots to get ironed out. We have 4 weeks to do it. So I know we will make it.

Tomorrow we go to the dermatologist to get checked over. I hope we don't have to get zapped but one never can tell what she will find. Fair skinned people just have problems, from all that sunburn as children and young adults.

I bet you 'seasisk' girls could go on a cruise, with the bonine, and the patch and never get sick. These big ships have such stabilizers that the 'rock and rollin' is rare. It is a lot of fun.

Maria: I think that Grandpa looks very satisfied with his Poppy sound asleep. It is a nice feeling, when the little ones are so trusting to sleep in your arms. Of course when she goes home her Momma won't have time to do that much, so hope Poppy won't mind too much,

Gloria: Winter has come and made up for the earlier warm fall and December. There has certainly been a lot of snow. What I want to know is how does all the snow, and cold, measure up to the Global warming?

Kerri: Maybe you and Karen and I could get together in Lakeland sometime. Might be fun.

Glenda: Have a good check up and make it 9 years. Do you go to the Survivor part of the relay for Life gathering? I haven't been as long as you, but I go. Sorry your DH is not feeling well. Is it the real flu?

Okay- where are the rest of the gals

Norma= are you feeling better?
Peggy: Have you been snowed in?
Slavika: I bet you are having fun with your family
Bernice: Are you happy with your PT Cruiser?

That;s all for now. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #11  

G'day all,

Lovely to see so many posts this morning.....

Kerrie that gain wasn't too bad, I am sure you will have that off again in no time Do you just have 2 grand children? I have 3 grand daughters, 2 years ago I had none and now I have Matilda and Poppy my sons daughters and Saskia is my daughters little girl.

Glenda good luck with your check up, good effort 8 years. I have been cancer free now for 11 years , but the day of the diagnosis is still very fresh in my mind
Sorry to hear your dh has not been well, tell him he had better get his act together by the time we get to Oklahoma
I think you have a point about men and illness!

Gloria nice to see you as well, that sounds lovely, snowing outside, a warm house and plenty of food at hand so no need for shopping.
I saw a little of the Oscars, like to always see the fashions and I think the most stunning were our Australian representatives, in particular Cate Blanchet, she just looked stunning, a little medieval.

Glad you enjoyed the concert Ann. Good luck with the rehearsals, I am sure your musical will be great by the time you are ready for your performance.
Don't know about the stabalisers, the last time I was seasick was on a overnight cruise in Milford Sound New Zealand, couldn't have been any calmer, took tablets and accupuncture wrist bands but I was still sick
I also get carsick unless I am driving myself, it certainly is annoying.

Just had a call from Peta to go and do some shopping, so I must fly.....

Have a great day all,

Cheers
Maria
Old 02-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #12  

Just stopping by to say Hi I've been busy with stuff in the community and with Mom. Haven't had much computer time. I was able to go to Shell Key island in St. Petersburg last Saturday with a group of friends had a great time but 6 hours in the sun was too long. I was wearing SPF#48 so got no burn it was just a long day.

Last night I planted a few flowers in a spot that I had DH dig up. There was an old bush in that spot.. Then today I finished planting some new flowers in my pots. The others froze when we had the cold spell.

Have to go . Weight Watchers tonight. Have been going up 2 and down 2 each week. My main idea is just to maintain while mom is here. So up 2 down 2 is ok. Last week i stayed the same am am wondering how I fared this week.

See you all later.
Karen
Karen L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 PM   #13  
Kerri

Good evening to you all...Finally getting a few moments to read some posts..

Glenda and Maria I have 7 granddaughters and all are less then 30 minutes away from me...ages are 4 years - 19..

Ann that would be great fun..We should try to do that at some point...

Gloria, the food is to die for...That's the hardest part..(staying in control)

Karen luck with your weigh-in...

Sure hope you all are safe and warm..We are back to AC again...yuk
Old 02-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #14  
Fun Blonde

Karen, so good to hear from you again. When I don't see somebody for awhile, I start to think something bad has happened, but with your mom visiting you and you being so busy, just glad to know you are enjoying. But I am having a little trouble digging up some sympathy for you losing your flowers after that "cold snap" since we had cold weather FOREVER! Karen, in all your WW knowledge, have you ever known anybody to just not be able to lose weight? My thyroid is not working properly, very low and have another medicine that is not working right either. I really, really work at it and in 5 weeks have lose and gained the same 2 pounds. Woe is me!

Kerri, you are so blessed to have your family so close. Mine isn't that far, but I don't get to see them as often as I wish.

We are having some springlike weather today. All the students at the University are in shorts playing frisbee before it gets cold again tomorrow. I go in at 3:30 for my cancer result test. Pray for me. I am nervous again.
Glenda
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #15  

G'day all,

Goodness me Kerrie that are a lot of grand daughters! You are lucky to have them all living so nearby. I am sorry that I don't see that much of my dd little girl with her living in Melbourne (aprox 9 10 hour drive)
I am very conscious to make sure they are all treated equally, I bought some clothes for Matilda and Poppy (on special, of course) so bought some for Saskia as well, it cost me $10.00 to send to melbourne, just about negating all the savings I made by buying it on special!!

Glenda I am sure all will be well today for you but it will be nice to get that confirmation again.
I am glad your weather is warming up a bit though I cannot wait till we get to see some cooler weather.

Karen
good to see you and we now know why we have not seen you for a while. I hope you are having a good time with your Mum. You are doing well with the weight thing, good for you.

It is unbelievable, a couple of days ago dh got an email for a 3 month contract in the UK!!!! Of course they want us there next week!!!
It would be something we would love to do but now with our American trip we just cannot accept. We have paid our airfare, quite a bit of accommodation, rental car and Grand Canyon tour in advance, we would just loose far too much.
I guess it was not meant to be.

On that note, hope you are all having a great day....

Cheers
Maria