South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #1  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Craving Intervention!!

Hello Ladies,

I decided to start a thread to maybe help from giving into a craving. I think it might be useful for me if before I give into a craving, I come here and post it. This may prevent me as well as others from caving in. Maybe if we encourage each other not do it, it may help! Just a suggestion...might sound crazy to some but I think it would help me so maybe it could help some other chicks too!

I'll start it off....there was a deli meat platter in the fridge at work...i was dying to grab a slice of salami probably only because i knew it was in there. I sat here battling with myself for 20 minutes with the angel and devil on my shoulders before just grabbing a small pickle and munching away. I chased it with a bottle of water and goodbye salami craving!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 167/167/125

Height: 5'0

i just wrote a poem about a doughnut instead of eating it. i think your thread is a great idea.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #3  

A poem about a doughnut? Thats too funny!! Good idea tho! I vent thru poetry too. Never thought about doing it that way though. Maybe ill try it! Thanks Any chance of posting the poem?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

This is a great idea for a thread.!! I am sooooo craving McDonalds right now and it is just driving me crazy. Someone in my office had it for lunch today and now the whole office smells like FRIES!!!!!

**Must choke co-worker**
Old 02-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #5  

I moved my box of tea in my drawer at work and found two chocolates. I reminded myself that I have given up chocolate for Lent and I had made a promise to God. So far so good. I'm finishing up lunch now so I'm no longer hungry.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #6  

There are Girl Scout Cookies everywhere in the office!! I keep reminding myself that eating just 'few' could begin the downward spiral to falling off the wagon (again) and I am determined not to do that.

I say to you, Girl Scout Cookies, I will not cave! !!

This thread is a great idea!!

Old 02-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #7  

Lovestorun: I feel your pain!!! I started dieting in January and for 2 months i've been dying for McDonald's cheeseburgers!! It's the only craving that keeps haunting me. But I just keep thinking about how crappy and fat i'll feel if i give in.

Barb: good for you!!! I gave up scratch off lottery tickets for lent so it doesn't help my diet but it does fatten up my wallet!! lol

annarenee: those cute lil girl scouts can be so evil!!!! j/k but those cookies can be...i'm a sucker for thin mints myself! Hang in there..you'll be out of the office and away from those evil things soon!

Keep up the good work girls!!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #8  

Jerseygirrl- You are absolutly right-and that is exactly why I told him "no thanks" when he offered me fries- SOOOO HARD though... I just grabbed a can of lysol and started spraying away.!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #9  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

I have had three pieces of chocolate on my desk all day today. I should probably get rid of them, but I'm feeling kinda good knowing there there and not craving them. I've got the POWER!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 140\140\115

Height: 5'1

Talking Pizza

Oh my gosh I love this thread! I have been craving pizza with buffalo wings, bread sticks and a HUGE coke for 2 weeks now! I haven't craved it today reayy, so I'm guessing it was just because of my TOM.
Do any of you ladies find that you eat and crave the weirdest things a whole lot more during your peroid than usual??
Old 02-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #11  

casbaby: YES!! when its my TOM I crave food like a pregnant woman!!! and i want to just keep eating all day! i don't allow myself to anymore tho. I also had a pizza craving. I kicked it by making pita pizza...i used a whole wheat pita, sugar free tomato sauce, reduced fat mozzarella, and a tiny bit of parmesan on top...it was really good...not the same as regular pizza but it killed my craving. Let me know if you try it.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #12  

Since I started this BC pill I no longer get my TOM (YEAH!). However, I still get the cravings for all that great stuff-pizza,wings, chocolate and the list can go on and on and on....
Old 02-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Ice cream - Coldstone Creamery recently opened here and there have been lots of coupons in the paper. I just keep deciding I don't need it, but it sure sounds good! I do believe cold winter weather helps in the resistance!

Ally
Old 02-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tuesday night the Long Horn has wings
And I really love those wonderful things!
I sure want to go but know I'd not oughter
So I'll stay home and glug my water!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 205/173/145

So I've been craving chicken strips. Could be that my fiance had fried chicken for dinner last night...I'm glad I'm sick and can't leave the house. There isn't much to tempt me here.
Closed Thread