Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:47 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #236.

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:53 AM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jane~ I am so sorry to hear about Sadie. Give the girls a hug for me.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:03 AM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick hello....I watched the Oscars.
For Jodi...I have had a colonoscopy And all of the horror stories are over-rated. My Dr. gave me a sedative and I did not know anything was going on at all. Woke up later and felt fine. My daughter took me to her house until she was sure the sedative had worn off. I just wanted a nap afterwards. The prep (laxatives) were not pleasant, but still not near as bad as I feared. All in all, if I need one again I will not have any worries about it.
Please see your Dr. and find out what is wrong.

Hi to everyone else and I will check in tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

I just wanted to share that at a little after midnight last night, I got a call that my cousin passed away.

You know how you think oh I just saw that person or whatever when you hear of someone you know passing? Well that was the first thing I said. I had just been at his house 6 hours before he died.

He had diabetes really bad, but about 2 1/2 yrs ago he had organ transplants and had been fairly healthy since his recovery. Probably within the last 6mth it was found that he had diabetes again (that just means that the donor would have had diabetes if she had lived), but it wasn't nearly as bad as he had once had it.

When I was there yesterday afternoon, he was eating and talking and just acting really good. It was such a shock to hear of his passing. He was only 41 yrs old.

I am also really good friends with his wife. How can I be supportive of her???

Well that is my life today. :-(
Old 02-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Default Todays Thoughts

Jodi,
I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. I think the best advise to give you about how to react around your cousins wife is to be there. Listen. You don't have to say anything. My mom told me this once. Because she told me so many people are uncomfortable about what to say to the family of someone that has died. In this case you too are family. But just be there for his wife. There will be those that won't.

For everyone here ~ I am already struggling with this. I was so sure it was going to drop quickly in the beginning and then I knew I would have weeks here and there of not losing and then large drops etc...But here it's only day 5 and the last 2 days no loss. But i'm ok....I'm just really anxious to see 'onederland'. I have been exercising on the bike these past 2 days. 20 minutes each day.

Tina
Old 02-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Tina- thank you.

I know it is easy to get obsessed with the scales, but try not to weigh every day. If you just can't help it, pick the one day when your weight "Counts" and use the other days as a guide. The lovely thing about being a woman is that our body changes everyday... grrrr.... you might have water one day and not the next. Don't let the number on the scale bother you. Look at your non-scale victory... that is you have worked out for 20 minutes the past 2 days!! That is a change for the good!! You can do this, just stay focused.

I weighed in this morning and I am down another .4 lbs. So I weigh 198.4 this morning yeah me!
Old 02-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

I'm having a tough day already today. My daughter has a way of pushing all the wrong buttons and today it's happening. And she makes me feel like I don't do anything. This usually happens when she's in trouble and she's trying to take the focus off of herself....but it bothers me anyway. I am trying to figure out how to not obsess about eating junk. I know I'm not going to eat it but I can't get rid of these feelings. I'm going to try to get busy cleaning the house. And making a difference around here so she can't say I didn't. But i'm frustrated because I shouldn't have to prove anything to her. haha!

Well, I am dealing with the GRADES right now. The progress reports came out and i've been talking to the teachers. And this means putting restrictions on my kids until the grades improve and this is a huge stress on me. Because unevitably I get attitude and resistence. But it's my job. One that at times i'm not very good at. I want to be the mom everyone loves but this is the hard part. And my son has been recovering from a bad accident that should have killed him about a month ago. He rolled my husbands truck and totalled it. It rolled 9 times. And he was thankfully wearing his seatbelt and walked out. He also wasn't drinking. He has fallen asleep at the wheel...he had been to his girlfriends house and fell asleep and then tried to drive home after that. So, I thank God he's alive but it's put a lot of stress on me.

I'm good tho!

Tina
Old 02-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JANE...sorry to hear about poor Sadie, lots of hugs to you and the girls.

JODI...lots of hugs to you as well on the loss of your cousin. Never seems fair when we lose someone at such a young age. CONGRAT'S on the weight loss this week.

TINA...sorry to hear about your son, hugs to you too.

Nothing much going on...went and did a little bit of shopping for me, well and DD. I didn't want to buy too much because I am losing but I wanted something new, something different since the weather is so nice. But I am pooped...we walked around the mall for 3 hours and I am counting that as my exercise today! Just getting some laundry done now.

Today is WW/WI day and I am happy to report a 2 pound loss! I was hoping for more but I will gladly take that. Last week I was down a pound so every little bit helps. I'm going to order the restaurant guide and the other booklet they sell tonight so we know exact points on some things.

And...we got an offer on our house yesterday! Really happy about that, sort of. It is a very low offer but it's a start and they are wanting to close the second week of April. Good for us if they will work with us on the price so we will see how that goes...going to counter this evening after WW.

About Josh...thank you ladies. I have been so worried about him. I deleted that part of my post because I forgot and talk too much about him, where he's at and what's going on...not supposed to do that. But, he is not in a good place and I am more worried than I have ever been before. Where he was before wasn't the best place to be but it was definitely better than where he is now...a lot closer to Baghdad and he might be there the rest of his tour.

HI MARTI, SUE, MINDEE, TAMMY, DONNAD, MICHELLE, MARY KATE & JULES...I know I am forgetting someone, sorry.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #9  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Early evening ladies!!

Jane--so sorry to hear about Sadie. I can only imagine what you and the girls must be going through. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Jodi--how devasting for your family to lose your cousin at such a young age. As others have told you, just be there for your cousins wife and let her lead the conversation. As for your health issues...I agree that you really need a good physical with blood work. I just did the same thing this past Fri. I just wasn't feeling myself for the past several months, tired from heavy periods etc. needing more sleep. I've got the paperwork for every blood test imaginable. Have them test your thyroid, chemistries for blood sugar, CBC for your blood count etc. Have you tried Senekot for your constipation. It's a little less crampy than most. Also the high fiber stuff can really bloat you and add to your discomfort. Congrats on the weight loss!!

Tina--I know that you are dissapointed on the slow weight loss but are you eating enough???? Sometimes if we go too low on the calories, our bodies think that we are starving and hold on to every calorie that we consume. Just give it a little more time, the scale will start moving. Also try to eat at least every 3 hrs. to keep your blood sugar stable. Just keep up the good work with the exercise and you will screaming with excitement in your next post telling us how much weight you are losing. As for those wonderful kids and their grades...a little tough love from Mom will go a long way. Remember you are their Mom first. Don't be afraid to get a little tough at times, they will thank you for it one day. I remember a time when my son turned 18 and was determined to drive several hundred miles to visit a friend and I forbid him to do it....I was waiting for the "I'm an adult and I can do what I want" response from him and I responded with..."If you are an adult, then you would respect and understand my concern about you traveling such a distance all by yourself in an unrealiable car." After we picked his jaw up off the floor, he gladly accepted the plane ticket to visit his friend and now at 22still asks for my advice.

Cristina--Woohoo on the 2 lb weight loss and congrats on the offer on the house. I hope it works out for you. I feel like the luckiest Mom to have my son stationed only 4 hours away. While he does do some traveling (he's going to California to teach a course for 2 weeks) I can only imagine what you must be going through with Josh overseas. My heart goes out to you.

Vann--how's the butt?? Hope you are recovering.

Sue--we are looking at Silestone for countertop replacement. I had Corian in my last house and loved it. Our only problem is that my kitchen is so large with an island that it will cost around $7000. I need to start playing the lottery!!

Mindee--saw your post about getting your tubes tied after the baby's birth. Have you hear about a new procedure called Essure. It's permanent but done in the doc's office. Look up www.essure.com

Jules--You'll have to give me a yell when you visit Baltimore. Tell your dh that the Baltimore & Annapolis bike trail goes directly behind my house.

Hello to Marti, Michele and anyone else I forgot. I've got to get dinner in the oven. Took my mom out grocery shopping and that is an all day event!! Yesterday we had a miserable snowstorm that I was out in the middle of, on my way to a bridal shower and today, the temps are in the 40's with the snow almost totally melted. Typical Maryland weather. I think I'm down about another lb. Weighed myself a few days ago after my TOM but have been picking at the chocolate the last few days and afraid that I might have put it back on. Hope you all have a relaxing evening. Take care.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 166

Hi Ladies!!

Jules--I love Maine Coons. My daughter has decided to get one also. We hope to get litter mates that way we can watch them grow together:-)

Tina- I love your resolve to celebrate the mini goals and I think we should all adopt Jodi's statement as our mission statement "Focus on the NON scale Victories" Love that!! AND I can totally relate to the kid challenges. My DS says he hates school and doing homework is like pulling teeth--Good Luck!!

Christina-Thanks for asking about my back end :-) Each day gets a bit better. I am still moving slow, but definitley feel improvement--AND WOW--
Congrats on the offer..I hope it gets a bit better--I think I countered like 3 times on my last house. Good Luck!

Tammy-Thanks - I am doing better...not eating great, but feeling better anyway. I am hoping once I am feeling more normal I won't turn to comfort food so much.

Sassy-Thanks for the O tip..I love her magazine anyway. I will definitley pick it up!!

Jane- I can't imagine loosing 3 dogs ...I am sad for you and and your family. I will say a prayer for all of you-including Sadie..so sorry!

AND Jodi--I just lost a close friend at 48...it is just way too young. So sorry for your loss- You will be in my prayers!

My day has been pretty uneventful..A little sore..a lttle tired...kinda glad the day is almost over...touch base with you guys tomorrow.!!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

Quickie tonite...exhausted after spending almost six hours in the ER with hubby--tried to drill his hand--there is a hole clear through but he missed bone & tendon so he's lucky but sore.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Thank you all SO MUCH for the kind words about Sadie. It means a lot to be able to share with you guys.

Sassy - I've got my copy of Oprah, although I don't buy it every month. Some months I'm just not interested in the topic. How's your vacation going?

Mindee - Mmmmm, turkey. I froze some the last time a cooked a turkey, and need to have that soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Vann - glad your backend is better.

Marti - I got your scrapbook pages today. Wow, they're great! I love the colors you used! I loved it all!

Jodi - I'm so sorry about your cousin. Forty-one is way to young to die! About the wife, I'd have to agree with what the others have said. Plus, as time goes on and she comes up to a special date, you might want to send card to let her know you remember - like their anniversary, for example. Just a thought.

Tina - I, too, think you shouldn't weigh so often. Or at least don't count it except once a week, on the same day. Then you'll have some consistancy. You'll be in Onederland soon. Your DD will get out of that phase in a few years, so don't lose heart. And thank God you son walked away from that accident! Yowza!

Cristina - yay to you for your loss!! You're doing great. And another big YAY for getting an offer on your house. You're getting pretty close to getting the house you want! Oic about Josh. Just so you'll know, he's been in my daily prayers ever since he joined up. You and the other JLs are, too.

Tammy - good to see you! Yay to you for the loss, too, on the scale. Ah, I wish I could go shopping with my mom. I'd like to have one more good snow here before spring. We had only one really good one so far, but I have to say I had a blast in it with the DGDs, lol.

Hello to Mary Kate, Sue, Jules and anyone else I forgot.

I've been busy today. I made a checkerboard 3-layer cake that's pink and white checked, and will frost it tomorrow night with pink frosting. It's for the church dinner Wednesday. It wasn't an easy thing to do, but I've made this once before and it's oh-so-cute!! Also had some errands to run. Tomorrow I have to make 3 batches of coney sauce for the same church dinner, and some Cinnabon-type rolls. I can't have that stuff around the house, so it's nice to make it for the church people.

Toodles for now.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:41 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Jules - so sorry to read about your DHs hand! Thank goodness he didn't hit the bone! Get some rest, sweetie, and check back when you can.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Newbie

Hi Everyone

I am new to this sort of thing (bloging) but I need to do something --I am at my heaviest weight ever and I feel like I am all alone at this. I use to be a very outgoing person but since I have put the weight on over the past 5 yrs, I just don't go out anymore. But work has given me new and hopefully stronger motivation --I have been asked to be apart of the TALS (Trans Atlantice Landing Site) Admin Team which means that I have to pass a physical to obtain my cert so I can travel outside the country incase we ever have to land there. So far I am trying to watch what I eat --been bringing more fruits and veggies into the house and Saturday I walked 3 miles. Once the shin splints kicked in, I went out and bought MUCH better shoes to walk in <smile> Now, I am trying to get myself to work out during lunch (I get 30 mins and the gym is on the 1st floor of my building, so I think I can do this) I just need to get this awful week behind me (stress, stress, and even more stress)

Thanks for listening
Old 02-27-2007, 12:29 AM   #15  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

hello ladies....nothing new on this end.

Jules~ Sounds like my hubby......but he put a pair of pliers through the fatty tissue part of his hand. Thankfully it wen clearly through without breaking any bones. I hope his hand heals quickly!

Christina R~ Welcome to the group! You will love it here.

Jodi~ I am so sorry to hear about your cousin's passing. you and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

Cristina~ I will send some prayers out that Josh and the rest of the troops come home safe and sound.

Jane~ Your welcome for the reminder. Tommy wanted Bob Evans, and since I never know what to get from there that seems to be about the only thing I like.

Tammy~ I have heard about essure before. I will have to mention it when I go to my doctor's appointment next Wednesday. If I can get that done and the insurance covers it, then it will be another option to think about. I will also check out the website that you left.
Closed Thread