Old 02-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Default Noticable Changes?

Ok girls, here's my question. When did people start to notice you were losing weight? Do you remember how much weight you had lost? I'm wondering when changes will start to be visible to the naked eye?
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #2  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I can't say this time because I have not lost enough for it to be obvious yet.. but previously when I had lost weight, I had lost about 30 pounds when I found people were noticing it.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:37 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hmmm, good question. I would say at about 25 - 30 lbs, people started telling me "Oh you look really good today", but they weren't quite sure why. Then at about 40-50 lbs it became a lot more obvious and people would say, "You look really good, did you lose weight?" And then maybe at 60 - 70and it was "Wow, you've lost weight, you look great!" And then at 80 lbs or so came the "Where'd the other half of you go", "You're melting away". Now I even get the "Wow, you're so skinny" comments (although I'm not) and "You're done, you've lost it all" comments (although I'm not). At this point there is no one who does not mention my weightloss in a big dramatic fashion.

I will tell you this, in the beginning wearing fitted clothing shows off the weightloss a lot more. So until you start buying properly fitting clothes it won't be as obvious. Clothing makes a big difference. When you're wearing baggy and loose clothing it's just not as obvious.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I'm not there yet.. but I did ask this question on this board and the answer was different for everyone. One this I did find similier was that once people stopped wearing their baggy clothes (b/c they lost 20-50 lbs) and bought new clothes that fit them then people noticed more.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck on your journey.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I can now answer this one!! I've lost 28 pounds and just this past weekend, I got 3 comments......"you've lost some weight, haven't you??" So - I would guess it is around the 30 pound mark. LIke the others have said, wearing clothes that fit makes all the difference too. I know it is a GREAT ego booster when you get to hear folks comment though!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #6  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

(((Rockinrobin: I would say at about 25 - 30 lbs, people started telling me "Oh you look really good today", but they weren't quite sure why.)))

I found that too when previously losing weight. At first they noticed and said I looked good but they weren't sure why. I can remember (this was when I was in highschool) I went from about 190-160 and one of my teachers was looking at me funny, said I looked really good lately and she was asking if maybe I got a haircut or something. I was like, "no, but I lost 30 pounds." Funny how she didn't realize immediately but could tell something was different.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

You know, that all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you're as overweight as I am it's hard for people to tell. The baggy clothes are going to be so hard for me to let go of! They are my hiding place!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

People are really starting to notice on me right about now and I'm just at the 30lb mark...its funny cause I can't see any major changes yet cause i see myself every day. The compliment ball is certainly in motion now and picking up speed though.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:51 AM   #9  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Some people still haven't noticed, lol. But they see me everyday. I still wear baggy clothes, just sizes smaller. If you're a jeans and t kind of gal, which I am, I find just buying tshirts that fit me, as opposed to hanging off me, as well as a nice pair of jeans that actually fit, or yoga pants are really comment inducing. Eventually, I'll quit wearing Matt's outgrown tshirts, and delve into my own closet.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

One person at work has noticed, and my mother... but she is extremely weight conscious. I don't expect people to really notice for another 30 pounds or so. Oh well.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #11  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

I'm pretty much in the same boat as the rest of you ladies. I'm only 6 weeks into my weight loss journey and I've lost 23.5 lbs. I can't tell any difference in myself even though I am fitting into different clothes, but I keep getting compliments. This morning I was "yelled" at to quit losing weight so quickly because I'm making everyone else look bad. My principal even told me that I was going to need to get new uniform shirts because mine are starting to hang off me already. I thinking I'll wait a little while before I start buying new uniform pieces.
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #12  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

yep, same here. people started noticing at about 30lbs. they might have noticed sooner if i wasn't still wearing the same baggy clothes. (i wore them at 50lbs lost too - i hate shopping).
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

The only ones who have noticed are my hubby and Mom-in-law. But, they both live with me and I can't be sure that they aren't just trying to be encouraging. I'd really like to hear it from somebody who doesnt know that I'm dieting. Then, it would seem real....if that makes any sense.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #14  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

I'm down 10 pounds, but I really believe I'm losing inches. DH noticed this morning (he said my arms were getting smaller). One girl at work said that I looked like I was losing weight as well. But no general consensus yet. I don't even see it. LOL.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 PM   #15  
journey girl

S/C/G: 325/323/160

Height: 5'8"

I have a question related to this topic - does anyone ever have mixed feelings about the comments about weight loss? Like wondering what they thought of how I looked before, and why does everyone assume that losing weight equal looking good? I've felt those mixed feelings when I've lost large amounts of weight twice before. While it felt GREAT (and kind of validating) to hear those comments, I also wondered the above questions.
kaepepper is offline   Reply With Quote