Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/230/160

Height: 5' 2"

Angry what to do !!!!

i just do not know what i am doing wrong .. i drink my water ... i stay away from the breads and goodies and when i weigh i am up in weight .. i am not hungry so i dont eat .. is it that i dont eat enough .. i work evenings so when i get home i eat dinner .. is that too late .. is anybody else having the same problem and have any suggestions ....
time4metobeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning! Now take a deep breath! You've lost 30 lbs somehow, so you are doing something right. Tell us what you do eat and when ... and we'll help you tweak it healthy
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:40 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Ditto, what Susan said. We need a little more info to help you out. But like Susan said, Hello, something's going right for you - YOU'VE LOST 30 POUNDS!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #4  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

do you know how many calories you eat on average? Daily intake is very important, losing weight forces our bodies out of the status quo which while it may not be the healthiest place, our bodies are comfortable with where we've taken them. Dieting forces us out of our state of being<fat> into a new state of being<healthier and thinner> which causes the body to fight losing weight. Eating enough reassures the body you aren't starving, I think most of us have found that we're predictable about when we eat meals/snacks. 3 light meals with 2-3 slightly lighter snacks will alleviate the bodies fear of starvation. Excersize can help jump start loss as well if you havent already incorporated it into your life.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel. I am crossing my fingers that my plateau is over, but I was stuck from thanksgiving until last friday when I had my weigh in (I still don't believe the scale, we will see this friday) But I kept going, focusing on health rather than weight helped so I didn't go crazy. What I changed was breakfast. I had gotten out of the habit of having breakfast (well a protein shake). When I realized this, I started drinking shakes again and, well it helped at my last weigh in I had lost 3 pounds. Good luck, stick with it, you just have to get over this hurdle.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #6  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Don't be in such a hurry and don't be so hard on yourself. I'm guessing it took you a while to put on the weight, yes? And your body has been used to maintaining that weight for how long?? Long lasting, healthy weight loss, takes time. It's taken me 16 almost 17 months to lose 77 lbs. I have 2 lbs left and I'm giving myself until JUNE to lose it. But who knows it might take longer. Just eat healthy, small portions, making sure you're getting something from all food groups. And move in a cardio and strength training fashion and you can't go wrong. Your body will adjust and it will fall into slumps from time to time. Be patient. It will happen! Focus on how good you feel and how healthy you are getting. Don't let yourself get defeated.

Best of luck!
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/230/160

Height: 5' 2"

thank you all for your input ....my diet is .. coffee in the morning .. oatmeal for breakfast .. then i am at work for 1 pm .. so i dont eat dinner untill around 4 ..which is usually a chicken wrap or a salad. i have a snack at work fruit of some kind ... then i eat dinner when i get home .. i try to keep it light .. like another salad ... but usually its my meat and a veggie .. or sometime just raw veggies .....
time4metobeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Do you have a fitday.com account? That way you can track your nutrients very carefully. My first thought is that it doesn't sound like much food but you may be surprised by what it adds up to. Sugar and milk in your coffee, dressings on the salads and wraps ... it all adds up.
Try careful journaling for a few days and keep in touch.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:25 PM   #9  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

You aren't eating anough to lose, period.
JaimePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:33 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I find eating 3 meals a day and at 2 snacks, every 2 -3 hours works well for me. I find this keeps me satisfied and therefore I have no desire to "cheat". I make sure everything I eat has high nutritonal value. Including lots of protein and fiber.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:22 AM   #11  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4metobeme View Post
thank you all for your input ....my diet is .. coffee in the morning .. oatmeal for breakfast .. then i am at work for 1 pm .. so i dont eat dinner untill around 4 ..which is usually a chicken wrap or a salad. i have a snack at work fruit of some kind ... then i eat dinner when i get home .. i try to keep it light .. like another salad ... but usually its my meat and a veggie .. or sometime just raw veggies .....
You need to be tracking your calories and making sure that you are getting between 1200 and 1500 a day. I would work some more lean protein in somewhere. Either nuts or beans. Throw some garbanzo beans on your salad or have some hummus and whole wheat pita chips as a snack. I eat 2-3 servings of fruit a day and 3-4 servings of veggies. Ideally we're all supposed to get 9 servings a day between the two. So for your raw veggies I would make sure you are eating a rainbow. Red peppers, carrots, cucumbers, pea pods, broccoli, etc... Cooked veggies are good too. Egg plant, sweet potatoes, squashes, spinach, asparagus, etc.. When I started eating a balanced diet every day, that is when I became successful at weight loss. When health and what I was putting into my body was my focus, that is when I finally figured this thing out.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #12  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I agree with most of the others, rather than worry about dressings on salad or cream in coffee (yes, can be a concern) - you should really get more calories in because it doesn't even seem like you're getting the minimal 1,200/day. Your body may be going into starvation mode and hanging onto its fat reserves even harder, trumping your attempts at weight loss.

Try to work in some more whole grains, fruits & veggies and lean proteins -- and most importantly, take an actual lunch (which doesn't seem to be the case based on the info you give).
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote