Old 02-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #1  
I feel the Burn!!

S/C/G: 266/260/165

Height: 5'7"

Default The trip of a Lifetime!

Just a little blurb, I am so proud of me I had to tell someone!!!
This is my second try to lose weight. Although, when I started the first time (in 2004) I weight 20lbs less. I had a miscarriage in December, and have gained almost 15 pounds since then. Just thinking about that makes me cringe, 15lbs in 2 months is horrific to me, I had been steady at my weight for some time, and even though it was too much, it wasn't getting any worse, so why worry about it? Well. My husband is a great guy, the best really, and he said something to me the other day that made me feel so horrible I didn't know how to react. He told me I needed to "Level off" my weight... He saw the size shirt I wear and said he didn't realize I was that big. Ouch. Even thinking about it hurts my feelings. However, that statement really, really made me think about myself in a way I never have. I realized that I had been ignoring my weight problem for a long time. I didn't really feel fat or heavy... Then we went on a mini-trip to Chimney Rock, NC which is this beautiful Mountain town with hiking trails and the Biltmore House is not far away, I was so excited. But even walking from the parking lot to the actual House part was extremely hard for me. I started to feel too fat, and I hated it. Then we hiked down to a waterfall at Chimney Rock Park and I really thought I couldn't make it. I had to stop and rest 3 or 4 times, and my whole body hurt. BUT I DID IT!!!!!!! I was so proud of myself that I burst into tears while we were looking at the falls. We used to hike and go to parks with the dogs all the time, and because I'm so out of shape I couldn't do it anymore and never knew it was my weight and lack of energy that was the cause. I miss living my life the way I want to, and I will be damned if I let it continue that way. This trip really was the trip of my life, and I plan on living a full one!! Whew. I'm emotionally drained, and feel so much better writing it all out. Thanks so much for listening!
Preciouskittenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Allison - I'm so glad you are able to use your trip as motivation. Good luck!

(& I am so sorry to hear about your miscarraige - we have been having fertility issues & it's so hard!)
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:11 PM   #3  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Allison,

I'm so sorry about your miscarriage.

Wow, did you ever expect this trip would come to mean so much to you and reveal such important insights?

It sounds fabulous. I'm glad you had those AHA! moments. Your attitude is fantastic, keep it with you and it can help soo much along the way!

Welcome back!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Its amazing how hiking can really kick your butt, glad you are using it as motivation! It's really easy to ignore weight and just kinda "snooze" through life ignoring all the things we used to love.. like hiking and taking your dogs for walks. This is your life, you deserve to live it!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

We're glad you're here! Hopefully you'll find that this site gives you a place to boast your successes and moan your struggles while finding inspiration in the fact that we've all been there too!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Wow that must have been an insightful and empowering experince. You deserve to have the life you want.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #7  
I feel the Burn!!

S/C/G: 266/260/165

I never thought a 2 day trip to a town 45 minutes away would change my entrire outlook on life, but I figured whatever works is fine with me!!! I'm really, really glad that everyone knows what a great thing it is to have the "aha" moments in your life, it's so nice to not be alone! Thanks for being here!!! I also Tivoed a few workouts on the "Fit" channel, and I did one this morning, and again, I felt like I was going to die, but I still did it!! (I even bought a new digital scale with huge numbers on it, no more hiding that weight!!)
Preciouskittenn is offline   Reply With Quote