South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 01:42 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Chat on the Beach

I just can't sleep...

Hope everyone is doing well and glad the weekend is here...I know I am. I have lots to clean and organize. X-bf is coming over on Sunday to start packing up the rest of his stuff. He told me he will be out by the first of March. I just want this to be over so I can move on.

Other than that I need to go grocery shopping first thing in the morning as we are expecting a big snow/rain/ickiness storm to move through tomorrow afternoon by 3. I think I'll spend Sunday cooking again. It so makes the week so much easier...with a lot less dirty dishes!

Well, the monitor for my new 'puter arrived yesterday and although the tower just shipped today (UPS says I'll receive it on Tuesday), I couldn't wait that long to plug up the monitor. It is wonderful...17" LCD screen and very bright!

Okay, now I'm kinda tired. I'll check back in the morning (after shopping maybe)

Have a great weekend!!

Last edited by annarenee; 02-24-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #2  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Hi Anna!

I cant sleep either! I got up at 5 am!

Busy morning ahead. My daughter and I have to go help give out boxes of Girl Scout Cookies to the troop. Yep that time of year.. but fortuantely I dont have any desire for any these days! I always order some but I already have plans to give them away!

Any how... I will be around on and off this weekend.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning.

Annarenee, staying home and cooking sounds like a great idea with the crappy weather that's moving in to your area.

Karen, I would have a hard time resisting Girl Guide cookies. I have to buy them and give them away really quickly.

This cold thingy is still very much with me so the antibiotics aren't doing their job. I will be back at the clinic first thing Monday morning unless a miracle cure happens. I have a temperature now which I'm treating with aspirin and am going to try to rest this morning. I hate being sick! It interferes with Life.

Have a day that matters. They all matter don't they as we never get them back.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:54 AM   #4  
Working for the Cruise!

Smile

Good morning chickies!

I'm set for a big day here. I've got to clean the house before hubby gets home from his morning meeting. We need to go grocery shopping and still only have one car. Then he's off to get the tire fixed and I'm off to the gym. Gotta be back here by 3ish so I can shower and walk to work at 4.

The only reason this feels like the weekend is I don't have the kiddo tagging along and I slept in until 9!

I have pretty much decided what I am going to do about dieting. I'll post that later.

Ruth - Wow chic, I hope you start feeling better here soon. If it's a cough you're suffering from I have a great homemade remedy. The cold I can't do much about, but I would go back to the clinic to get different meds.

Jovi - Thank goodness our troop sold out of cookies back in December. They gave their last ones out to the Nursing Home after we sang Christmas Carols. I'm so sick of looking at them I don't want to eat em either!

Anna - Good luck to you at the grocery store....I know how they are here when the weather is supposed to be bad. I love my flat screen LCD monitor. It's so pretty!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

Just finished my morning excercise and breakfast - I may need another cup of coffee, I feel like I am dragging a bit today. Must clean up a bit as we are going out to dinner with friends and have invited them back here afterwards. Plus, we need to fit in some time to go shopping - the fresh veggies are running low and I find it easier to keep on plan if I keep the fridge stocked!

I am also planning to go through some closets today. I have finally accepted that most of my pants are too big and it is time for new ones - though it makes me crazy to know last winter I finally gave up on the "skinny" clothes and gave the goodwill and now I want them back, I am hoping a few are still lingering somewhere. While I am happy to have lost the weight, it also makes me oddly sad, as it is going to get awfully expensive (and impossible) to replace years worth of clothes accumulation. I know, get over it, but I have learned that letting a feeling out helps me to process it and move on. Thanks for being a sounding board!

Oh, about those Girl Scout cookies, I bough DH a box and was fine resisting. He has eaten more than half already and bought two more boxes last night! Thankfully they are not my favorite treat, but too many can be hard to resist!

Ally
Old 02-24-2007, 01:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Saturday!
We were up and about early, doing our grocery shopping and whatnot. While we were out DD called to say she and the girls are coming out, and they should be here any time now. I'm making a Maple Pecan Pork Loin roast for supper with sweet potatoes and onions, and roasted asparagus, so we're having our "Sunday" dinner today instead. DS and family are coming for supper, too, and bringing Cannoli for dessert. I'm letting myself have one, but that will be my one and only weekly treat.

Anna ~ We're expecting that messy storm tomorrow and into Monday. I was really hoping we were done with the wintry weather for this year, but I guess not.
JoviMom ~ My GD just joined Brownies, and this was her first time selling GS cookies, so of course Grandpop had to buy several boxes. Right now I can count 7 boxes sitting on the hutch! He did buy me a box of the lowfat Cinnamon Oatmeal ones, but I've been eating them sparingly.
Ruth ~ So sorry that you are still sick! You really got it bad this time, didn't you? Yes, get yourself back to the doctor first thing Monday and see if he can't give you something stronger to kick this thing. In the meantime, back to bed for you and plenty of fluids! Call up a few of your friends and beg them to bring you some homemade chicken soup, when you're feeling better you can repay the favor with your wonderful Rum Cake.
AdiaFaith ~ I read your post regarding your diet plans, and it sounds reasonable to me. You're really setting yourself up for success this time!
Amasam ~ I sympathize with you about the clothes! That's one thing that keeps me going on this diet, I got rid of all my "big" clothes, and after buying a whole new wardrobe, I don't want them to get too tight for me!
Okay, it's time for me to tidy up a little before the kids arrive. I'll pop in later.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-24-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #7  

I love Girl Scout cookies and had been eating far too much. Giving up chocolate for Lent has been helping me to stay away from them. I try to mostly by ones that I don't care too much for but we got too many this year.

I knew last night's maintenance was going to be long so I went to bed and just got up for my part at 4. I had several other things to do so I got 2.5 hours of work in before I quit and went and showered and got Brian up. We picked up another scout at 8:10 and went out to the scout camp to plant trees with other boys from our camp. We did some planting and hiked for several hours. At least it was good exercise.

We're home now and Brian and his friend are playing Zoo Tycoon. I need to start planning meals for the week. At least I have dinner in the crockpot. And I don't have to work again until tomorrow morning. I'm a bit worried that the work will overlap Brian's Sunday school class or mass but I'll work something out.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #8  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone

Sounds like a busy weekend.

Ruth hope you are better soon. Here is a cyber hug. It stinks being sick for so long. My son woke me up at 2 A.M because he got sick. There wasn't much I could do but put him in new clothes and fix a bed for him on the couch. He wanted to get up and go to his wrestling match this morning but he was still sick. It broke his heart.

I stocked up at the store because we too are expecting an icestorm. We may have to cancel church. If so I will be doing a Bible study on line. Since it's on video I'll have to 'fix myself up'. Who would have thought such a thing was possible 10 years ago?

Speaking of girl scout cookies did you all know they freeze well? I saw a little girl at krogers selling cookies. I was thinking, you'd better not ask me little girl or I'll bite your head off.

Gosh depriving oneself of sugar and enriched flour sure can make one a grumpy soul.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #9  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Speaking of girl scout cookies did you all know they freeze well? I saw a little girl at krogers selling cookies. I was thinking, you'd better not ask me little girl or I'll bite your head off.

Gosh depriving oneself of sugar and enriched flour sure can make one a grumpy soul.
Stinger - This made me laugh so hard! I still have frozen cookies from LAST YEARS Sale!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:14 PM   #10  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Those little girls are better off not to mess with us.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having a safe weekend. We are suppose to get some snow/ice mix (and of course I have to go to work - no fun!!)
Stinger I agree with you, when I see those little girls, I walk real fast like I'm busy, just so I don't have to fight temptation - I love the tag-a-longs!!!
Off to do some scrapbooking....
Old 02-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #12  
Working for the Cruise!

What a long day! Just got in from the restaurant. Walked to and from work because the tire just got changed. It was good though, got a bit more exercise in my day. Walked really fast to work because I was a bit behind and walked really fast home cause it was so darn cold!

Going out and about to see a band tonight, just waiting for the hubby to get home. The restaurant biz almost requires you to go out afterwards...it's one of those weird jobs. If you don't go out with the coworkers, they're not as likely to help you next second you need it.

Got grocery shopping and the gym in today. Those were my priorities. We'll see how tomorrow's "plan ahead, cook ahead" deal goes.

Hope everyone had a productive and wonderful Saturday!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:26 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Looks like a sunny day here but to the west of us it's bad storm time. Stay safe, Chickies.

Well, I'm up. I had a four hour afternoon "nap" yesterday and I think something happened during it. My chest is not making noises anymore! So I'm on the mend, I guess - I've not been this sick for a very long time and am pretty pi$$ed of with the whole deal!

Today I plan to tackle some laundry that's been sitting since I got home from Florida. I might even finally do some cooking.

What's happening around your Beach Brolly?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #14  

Ruth I'm glad your cold seems to be getting better. How is Lucy doing? Is Hersh being nice to her?

Well, the weather is icky here. It all started last night about 5 PM. Sleet, then snow, then freezing rain (ouch!)...and now it appears to just be raining, I'm sure it's a mess!

Despite the weather, I made it out to dinner for my very good friend's birthday last night. I had unusually strong will power and skipped the dessert and came home and had Jell-O and Cool Whip.

I am not leaving my building today, but there's lots to do. I'm cooking for the week, cleaning up a bit and have tons of laundry to do. And the Oscars are tonight. I always say I'm never going to watch them, but always end up watching. Ellen Degeneres is hosting and I think she's hilarious!! I might switch back and forth between the Oscars and Iron Chef.

I'm sure I'll check in a bit later. Have a warm (and dry) Sunday!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We have our "tax guy" here right now doing our taxes, and it doesn't look so good for us this year. I guess we're just going to have to tighten our belts a lot further, like maybe not eat anymore? Oh well, we'll get by.
It's starting to get really ugly outside, so we're staying in for the rest of the day. Maybe I'll do a little cooking for the week ahead, too, and get some laundry done just in case we have a power outtage. There's supposed to be a lot of ice with this storm. I'm glad the kids were all here yesterday, I don't want to have them out on the roads today.

I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better today, Ruth, and hope you continue to improve.
Closed Thread