Old 02-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #1  
Jenn, mama to Micki

Question Exchanges for no Lites?

Hi all,

Just joined a week ago and tomorrow will be my first WI since Monday night (at the end of my TO). I'm getting used to the plan. I thought it would be much more similar to WW, but it is so NOT! I'm struggling with getting past the limited protein and dairy, since those are the things that really keep me satisfied. But... working on that.

So, my question is if I don't want to do the Lites (honestly, the only one I've liked so far is the chocolate crunch and they have all given me a low-grade headache after eating them), what do I get for exchanges? I'll probably supplement sometimes with Lunas (which do not make me headachey), but when I want to go all-food, what's the breakdown?

I'm on Red-1, BTW.

Thanks!
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome! Glad you found our board.

To answer your question, if you don't do the lites, you get moved up one plan.

But I will say this: I didn't like any of the lites in the sample box they gave me at first. I told them I would try the lites for a few weeks and bought a few boxes of the other ones that were not in the sample box. The other ones were MUCH better. I like the chocolate coconut almond and the caramel crunch the best. But just give the other ones a try to see if you like them. You can always change your mind and go to all-food.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #3  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

Chocolate Coconut Almond Bars!! I've never seen those! I wonder if it's because I'm in Canada... hmmm... I'm going to harass my COD to get some of those. They sounds freakin' delicious!
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #4  

It's a good substitute for Almond Joys. Yum!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:16 PM   #5  
Jenn, mama to Micki

Thanks! I'm so glad I found this board, too. The LaAtHome boards move too slowly for me.

I was actually eyeing the Choc Coconut bars when they showed me the store room. I will pick up a box of those when I go in tomorrow. I think I'll also pick up a box of the Mint Choc and maybe the Key Lime. Those flavors sounded yummy. I want to try out a few more, but also know my options. Good to know about them just moving me up to the next plan (which, I guess is Red 2?)
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #6  

Jenn (is it Jenn or Jenna?) - You're correct, I just don't know the exchanges. The choc. mint actually tastes like the girl scout thin mints, especially if you store them in the fridge. I like the key lime and the choc raspberry too.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #7  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

"I think I'll also pick up a box of the Mint Choc and maybe the Key Lime. Those flavors sounded yummy."

No kidding! Those sounds great... now I want to call up my COD and demand we get some new flavors! Pretty much what came in the sample pack is what you get... in the 2 months I've been at this we had the fruit and oat bars in once for only 2 weeks! And nothing new or different since then... hmmmm... Do any other Canadian centers get decent flavors, or is it just a Nanaimo thing?
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #8  

Maybe Kristen knows what good Mike carries in his truck!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:52 PM   #9  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

us canadians are gettin ripped off eh?? lol i would love to try choc mint or coconut anything... sheesh... but i do love the caramel ones
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:00 PM   #10  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Uh huh, here in Brampton Ontario we get a pretty limited selection. I have ordered of ebay though, cheaper and more flavours!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #11  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi fellow Canucks and my dear Cassi
Our center has a fairly good variety. I love the Lemon and Honey Nougat for breakfast I can't do chocolate early in the morning. We have Peanut Butter, Caramel ( a real treat), Chocolate Crunch, Smores, Double Chocolate, Chocolate Cherry...
I went to Buffalo in November and found an LAWL there and went in and bought their Fudge Brownie and Chocolate Mint.. we are lacking in some of the best flavors here!!! But I've been told by COD that we are unlikely to get the ones we crave most.. even though I have begged, pleaded and cajoled.. they are afraid of me too and still won't give in.
If you do any road trips to the US go in a get yourself a box or two.. the US ones come in 14's so last you longer.
As an FYI I was also told the Chocolate and Vanilla Shake Lites are no more and also the Blueberry and Cinnamon Delites.. like a muffin.. They are taking away the good stuff!
Hope this helps and you are now in your car with your passport to get the goods from our friends in the south who have MUCH better flavors!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #12  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I live on the Coconut Almond, the Key Lime, the mint, and the Cookie Dough! I keep a stock pile at home with a wide assortment. There are just days that you want something different. I am fully willing to send samples of the Coconut Almond and Key Lime to anyone that wishes to try!

Also, my COD keeps a few extra of each type of bar floating around. When she heard I wanted to try the Coconut, COD manager gave me a few to try before taking home the whole box. It doesn't hurt to ask!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #13  
Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzbe View Post
I live on the Coconut Almond, the Key Lime, the mint, and the Cookie Dough! I keep a stock pile at home with a wide assortment. There are just days that you want something different. I am fully willing to send samples of the Coconut Almond and Key Lime to anyone that wishes to try!

Also, my COD keeps a few extra of each type of bar floating around. When she heard I wanted to try the Coconut, COD manager gave me a few to try before taking home the whole box. It doesn't hurt to ask!

I would love to try a key lime one if you have an extra.... Im in Oregon and we don't have thos or the mint ones. hmmmm? NO FAIR!

Sam
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

I wasn't too impressed with the Key Lime. I have the chocolate raspberry, but it's not one of my favs. I usually end up with just cookie dough or chocolate caramel deluxe.

My center gets a pretty good variety. Although they have never gotten in the smores and chocolate cherry, which I would like to try.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:31 AM   #15  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I have to add............I LOVED the honey nougat when I did use the lites. I am a chocolate freak.......but the the manager at my COD mentioned that if I had a sweet tooth, I ought to try the honey nougat..........and the first one didn't totally impress me.....but it was good. I slowly became a honey nougat addict, and I wish I could still eat them. I used to look forward to them EVERY afternoon. Such sweet memories......LOL. If I could tolerate soy........I'd so eat them........but I cannot. If you do end up choosing the all food plan....there are plenty of us who do not eat the lites......like Katie, Deb, Joni....oh, I know there are more of us. Anyway.........you will just have to play around for a few weeks to see what works best for you. And while you are navigating though the program to get it personalized for you.........you will be losing losing losing.......so enjoy the experience!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote