Thread: runners
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 01:36 AM   #55
Lyria

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I had the WORST shoes when I started running...they had to have been at least a year old already and I continued to run in them for a good 5 or 6 months more (yes yes I know!) AND I have flat feet...so I really wasn't doing myself any favours lol.

I got a tonne of blisters as well, mostly along the base of my heel and my instep (probably from the way my feet rolled). After I bought my nice new comfy supportive runners the blisters mostly healed up, but I do still get the odd one on my instep.

I've been good this week and had four decent runs in the morning. Took wednesday off because I like giving my body a rest and I'd also done a spin class on top of running the night before :P

This mornings effort was about 9kms in 45minutes which I think is roughly 5.6 miles so a pace of 7.5mph. I could have kept going but that would have meant being late for work lol. Maybe I will have to start leaving the house a little earlier to fit another km or so in! I'm going to another spin class tonight so I may or may not run tomorrow...depends on how tough this instructor is! hehe

Liv
GW:63kgs/138pds
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote