General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:08 PM   #1  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default How Many Of You Are Married To A Younger Man?

I have been married to my husband for 6 years now and it's been really good (most of the time~LOL) but is there anyone else married to a younger man im 34 and he's 26 I just tell people i needed a man who could keep up with me
Old 02-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My DH is 4 1/2 yrs. younger than me. When I first met him, I thought he was too young for me. But, when I learned that his oldest child was 3 yrs. older than my son, I figured it would be OK. He used to look really young for his age, but not anymore.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well I'll say I'm not but I just wanted to say some people have different attractions. I've always been attracted to guys a few years older than me. DH is 2 years older than me. I always felt a little weird dating someone my age or younger.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

My most responsible and mature boyfriend was 9 years younger than me - I was early 30s and he was early 20s..

Last edited by phantastica; 02-22-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post
My most responsible and mature boyfriend was 9 years younger than me - I was early 30s and he was early 20s..
I wonder if that says more about the average male 30 yr old or what I have a problem with immature males, no matter what the age. I work with some that are in their 20s, 30s, and 40s.... The immature 40 year olds (and older) are the ones that bother me the most.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 114/107/105

Height: 5'2

Default Total opposite!

Oh man I'm completely different! I've always been attracted to "older" men! My boyfriend is 7 years older than me. Turns 28 on Saturday and I'm 21..yummm!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #7  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Well I'll say I'm not but I just wanted to say some people have different attractions. I've always been attracted to guys a few years older than me. DH is 2 years older than me. I always felt a little weird dating someone my age or younger.
you know, same here... I'm more attracted to guys older than me...
Old 02-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #8  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I used to be the same way i wouldnt date men younger then me or shorter then me BUT then i met my husband and i fell hard and YES he's very mature more then me alot of times
and no he's not shorter then me LOL
Old 02-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #9  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I'm wondering whether OUR age makes a difference. When I was younger I wouldn't have been interested in anyone younger than me, but I met my husband when I was 36 and he was 34. At those ages, the two years didn't make any difference in the world and I'm not sure that 5 or 6 years would have mattered either.

Just another thought.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #10  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

My husband is 4 years younger than me. I was 23 and he was 19 when we first met. NEVER did I think I would be interested in someone younger than me, but I fell in love with him despite his age. We've been married for almost 7 years now and are more in love now than 7 years ago.

He wrote me a love letter for Valentines Day. The last part says, "Love is the realization that you and I will never spend a day where our hearts are not united until the day both of our breaths have finally left our bodies and we go on to whatever the next life may hold for us. Love is hoping I will find you again in my next life." (Yes, I'm bragging on him a little bit.)
Old 02-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #11  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I was just thinking about this the other day!

My current one, boobalah, is about 4 1/2 yrs younger.

My first husband, the now "Rotund One" is 6 yrs older.

My late husband was 27 yrs older. I never worried about him looking at a younger woman. I WAS the younger woman.

I liked older Asian men. How on earth I'm with a younger white one is still baffling me to this day.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:19 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
My DH is 4 1/2 yrs. younger than me..... He used to look really young for his age, but not anymore.
LILYBELLE ~ Would he say that it's because he has been married to you for 4 1/2 years! You know I'm only kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
.... The immature 40 year olds (and older) are the ones that bother me the most.
NELIE ~ What if we are almost 53?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedAus View Post
I'm ...... not sure that 5 or 6 years would have mattered either.

Just another thought.
ZEDAUS ~ I am 6 years older than my wife, her first husband is almost 4 years older than me, that marraige lasted a little over a year. We have been married for 11+ years. One of the things that was a little difficult for us when we first met was finding common ground for things to talk about. Being the 6 year age difference we grew up to different music, television, fads, etc. We grew up 100 miles apart from each other. I am in construction, she is a teacher, (were) different religions. My kids were 10 and 13, her daughter was 6. The thing we did know right away was that we liked each other. I remember asking Angie one night, early in our dating, what am I going to talk about with you when I graduated high school the year before you started junior high, we have nothing in common there. Although I had been divorced for 6 years when we met, the previous 14 years were with my ex and what "we" did. She just told me "Don't worry about it. we will create our own "history" and that's what we will talk about. And that is what we did! Now you know why she is the teacher and I sling taping mud for a living!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #13  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

BTDT, got the t-shirt, divorced the bum.

I was 32, he was 26...going on 12.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #14  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
BTDT
OK. I'm stupid. What does that mean?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:59 AM   #15  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
OK. I'm stupid. What does that mean?
You're not stupid. Means ''been there done that''.

And my BF is a little over a year older than me.
Closed Thread