Old 02-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #1  

Default Diet suggestion?

Hey there,

I just finished a 3 week fat free diet which you are only allowed to do for 3 weeks, and then quit a week and start again. You're supose to lose 22.lbs I lost about 18 lbs. But the diet really gets boring, so does anyone know a good diet that really works besides atkins, weight watchers or south beach? If not I'll go back to the fat free diet.

thanks
May1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7''

Hi May1,

Firstly, welcome!

18lbs in 3 weeks is an amazing loss, well done. I'm curious why you are looking for a diet but not atkins, weight watchers or south beach? Have you tired all of those? I'm also curious on the 'fat free' diet as we all need fat in our daily food intake...whats your typical daily food?

Personally I have am not following any diet (although I did start on weightwatchers to learn the basics of food portions for a month), I'm just eating proper food and getting my exercise in....changes for life rather than a diet I hop on and off.

I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear more from you soon!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Go to 3FC home page and click on diets. there you will find details on many diets, also check the forums , lots of diets represented there. I personally count calories, altho in the past I have tried almost all of them. They all work , you just need to pick the one that is best for you. I find that counting calories is a healthy way to go, but I am not knocking other plans. Good Luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

There was a poll here some time ago ... I think it asked what plan folks were using and why ... I'll see if I can find it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am also curious about the fat free diet...because we all need SOME fat in our diets to maintain certain body functioning, and enough suppleness in our skin, hair, nails, etc...
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

This isn't exactly what I was looking for but it's a good one.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72763
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #7  

It's just called the fat free diet.. but ofcourse there is some fat..

This is what a day of the week would look like:

It's nearly every day the same just varies in amounts and sometimes u can have meat.

Morning:

1 cup of tea
1 orange

afternoon:

2 cups of yogurt
2 slices of toast
1 boiled egg
1 orange

evening:

2 tomatoes
2 boiled eggs
1 cup of yogurt
2 slices of toast

Only thing i've noticed during these 3 weeks is that when i came home from college i would fall asleep at 10.

I don't wanna try atkins or south beach because my friends have and none of them reached their goal weight
Old 02-22-2007, 10:53 AM   #8  

Oh dear...how in the WORLD did you survive that for three weeks??

I would have went insane...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:00 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7''

Gez, well done for sticking with that....thats a lot of eggs and yogurt! No wonder you want to try something else.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #10  

Yeah it wasn´t easy... I haven´t really found a new diet yet. I have looked into atkins, south beach and the abs diet... I read up on a lot of information on good carbs. I downloaded a fitness program which tells me how much I hvae to eat and burn each day. So I´ll stick to that. And if it´s not gonna work out I´ll go back on that diet...
Old 02-25-2007, 08:21 AM   #11  

May-

Something I think is important, is to find a "lifestyle change", rather than a diet. A diet has a beginning and an end, and when you stop doing it...the weight will slowly come back on.
The diet that you laid out is definitely not a lifestyle change...

When you look at different plans, think about the rest of your life. I am assuming that you want to keep the weight off, and stay slimmer, correct?

I am a calorie counter, and I have been a mod here for years...Since I have been here, I have found that members tend to be the most successful on plans that they can "live" with for the rest of their lives. Weight Watchers, Calorie Counting, and South Beach are pretty doable. (South Beach becomes less restrictive over time-the first few weeks are the hard ones.)

I don't have a laid out "plan" where I have to eat a certain food at a certain time. I make healthy food choices (oatmeal, fruit, veggies, lean meat, etc.) but I don't have to eat an egg and this or that at a certain time. I can "live" with what I am doing-I have been for 8 years.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #12  

Default What diet is most "natural" for you??

Just recently I have figured out that trying to change what I prefer to eat and what is natural to me is not going to work no matter how hard I try to convence myself.

Atkins is horrible for me because I really don't care for meat. South Beach, The Zone, and Sonoma are better because they do allow more of the foods I prefer.

Recently, I saw the light. Years ago I lost weight on a low-fat diet (actually it was Stop the Insanity). It was painless and natural. I kept it off without any problems for 5 years. I exercised each and every day. I felt great and didn't have the headaches and allergy problems I have now or had before the low-fat diet. We moved and I got distracted with working on the house and going out with new friends and suddenly needed to regroup. At that time a friend showed up and went from a 14 to a 6 doing Atkin's. So, that is what I did. I didn't lose weight I only yo-yo'd and have been for the last 6 years (maybe a little less). And finally I am going to go back to what works.

My point is that you really need to look at the diets and decide what "fits". Some diets will take it off faster than others but really that doesn't matter if you can't sustain it.

If low-fat works for you then go for it! You don't have to be that restricitive and you can make some choices one you learn the guidelines.

Good luck!!

GIna
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote