General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #1  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Baby Shower Games Help Please !!!!

OK so my daughter is having a baby and i need some fun games for her young friend's ( 16-19 y/o ) and all my friends (25+ y/o) im 34 and havent done a baby shower in a longggg time so any help would be great also
I got some great idea's from becky (30 something) but i need more
what time should i do it?
and how long do i put on the invetation? (hours)
what food should i do?
Can you tell im lost LOL she's due april 27th and im gonna do the shower march 17th
Thanks Michelle
Old 02-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Actually, I dislike the games, but here are some that I remember:

1) give everybody a diaper pin as they arrive. Tell them that if they see another person cross their legs at any time, they get to take the pin away. She with the most pins wins.
2) have a tray of essential baby items, cover it with a baby blanket. Give everyone a paper and pencil and then place the tray in front of everyone for 1 or 2 minutes. Then cover it. As soon as it is covered, they are to list all the items. The most correct items wins. And the new mom gets to keep all the essentials.
3) this one is nice--and you might send it in the invitation. Give a small, blank gift card that each person is to write out their favorite or best mommy hints for the new mom. Place all in a basket, the new mom pulls one out and reads it and the person who wrote it gets the prize.
4) make baby diaper "corsages" and put a little brown mustard inside one of them. Pin on the corsages (they can double as name tags if you want). At some point, tell everyone to check inside the diaper and whoever gets the "poopy" one wins.
5) Guess the circumference. Everyone cuts a strand of yarn which they think equals the pregnant person's belly. Then you have everyone "try" to get it around her. The closets one wins.
6) Melt the ice cube. Make ice cubes ahead of time and inside each one, have a tiny plastic baby. Each person gets an ice cube and without touching it, they have to make it melt. First complete baby out of the ice cube wins.
Wow, I could go on. Sounds like I've been to a bunch of showers, huh? Oh, and good day for the shower (it's my birthday!!)
Old 02-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #3  

Thanks allison
this helps alot
Old 02-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

I really like #4!! I was going to suggest the tray-of-baby-things memory game, but Allinell already suggested it.

Another game is to jumble up some baby words like bottle, diaper, onesie, blanket, maternity, etc and see how many they can unjumble in five minutes...the one with the most wins.

One thing I did on the cake of a shower I threw was to put Happy Labor Day on it...get it?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #5  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

My sister just had a baby and it was on a Sat from 2-4.

We did a veggie and fruit tray and of course the cake - YUM!

Some of the games we did was to take diapers and get different kinds of candy bars and put them in the diaper and smoosh them. Then they have to guess what kind of candy bar was in the diaper. I am sure that you can guess what some of them looked like, but everyone had a good time with it.

Another one we did was get a basket and put all kinds of baby goodies in it. We had things like wipes, binky's, nose sucker, bottle, desitin, nail clippers, bib, the mom to be's favorite candy etc... and then you have the mom to be take everything out and show what all is in there - then take the basket away. At the almost end of the shower you have the mom to be leave the room and then we said something like "you know the basket from earlier, in as much detail as you can describe what the mom to be was wearing." It throws everyone off since they were thinking they had to remember what was in the basket and the winner is the one who had the most detail.

I love baby showers. Good luck and don't stress too much - remember this is supposed to be fun.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

At my baby shower, we did the baby pin thing but instead of for crossed legs, it was for everytime someone said the word "baby". We also handed out paper with the name we'd picked out for our son and had everyone make as many words from his name as they could within one minute. And the easiest was to number the paper plates on the bottom and draw a random number.

But I'll give you advice on something that's not a game that will make life much easier...take "Thank You" cards to the shower and pass out the envelopes for everyone to fill out the fronts.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I have a really adorable bingo game I can email you (if you can print out PowerPoint files). PM me if you're interested!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
One thing I did on the cake of a shower I threw was to put Happy Labor Day on it...get it?

MICHELLE~ Will there be men there? I know that a lot of baby showers these days include men. My neice had one that had both men and women and all ages with family. Anyway, at that one they had all the young dads and my neices husband "pretend" to be in labor, it was hilarious! But then they are a bunch of skateboarding wanna be rockstars!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I remember one game that all the pariticipants were given a 4 oz baby bottle with juice in it. The first one to drink all the juice out of the bottle was the winner. Of course most people would put the bottle nipple in their mouths and start sucking--the smart one was the one who unscrewed the top off the bottle and drank it down . I remember this from when I was a kid, it was a shower for my sister and it was hilarious watching all these adults drinking from baby bottles.

Oh, and if there are men there, you can always make them diaper and dress a baby doll. There are bound to be some mishaps and laughs there.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

One that was played at my shower was a cotton ball game. You put a bag of cotton balls in a bowl. Sit the bowl in the person's lap and then blind fold them and give them a big serving spoon. Have someone hold a plate on top of the person's head. They have one minute to scoop as many cotton balls onto the plate with the spoon. Whomever has the most cotton balls on their plate wins.

Tiki
Old 02-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #11  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

My favorite baby shower game of all time....not so diet friendly, but here goes!

Take several baby diapers, number them, and melt chocolate candy bars in each of them (microwave) and hand out spoons and see who can guess which candy is which...hilarious to see the guests eating chocolate out of diapers, a riot!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #12  

Im unsure of the men i mean yeah i would love for them to come but im unsure if they really would
anyways thanks guys this helps alot
Old 02-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #13  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I agree with the candy bars in diapers game. It gets a lot of laughs, and makes for great pics of everyone smelling diapers. We just did this at my SIL's shower. We also filled two pillow cases with 10 different baby items and passed them around the room. They got 30 seconds to handle the pillow case and then had to pass it to the next person and then had to write down what was in there. It was a fun variation to the baby items on the tray.

For decorations we had a baby bathtub filled with ice and drinks, and then they got to keep the tub afterwards. We also had one of those organizer things filled with wrapped snacks and candy. Get double the use out of things they need anyways, and it looked cute!
Old 02-24-2007, 01:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

There is a variation on a men's baby shower theme for the father...while the ladies are in one place/area with the mother playing games and opening baby gifts-there is also a "father's shower".

The father's shower is where the brother or friend of the father invites all of the male friends/family to their place-and they provide all the goodies-guy food like pizza, chips, and chicken wings, they watch a guy movie or a specific sports game, drink soda or beer-and all the male "guests" have to do is bring the dad a package of diapers. (Make sure the host mentions various diaper sizes...not just newborn).

Men would much rather throw some diapers at the dad, and get on to eating and watching guy stuff-rather than ooh and aah over a car seat pattern.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:56 PM   #15  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post

Guess the circumference. Everyone cuts a strand of yarn which they think equals the pregnant person's belly. Then you have everyone "try" to get it around her. The closets one wins.
Ive seen that game done with toilet paper. You pass a roll of toilet paper around the room. Tell everyone to take as much as they think they will need but dont tell them why. Then tell them they have to give a helpful baby hint for every square of paper that they have in their hand. (Most take a lot of the paper thinking it is for the game mentioned above.)
Closed Thread