Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

Default Pushing Yourself...

I recently joined a new gym after over a four month hiatus from my previous gym and am still a little out of the loop. At my old gym I was able to go 35 minutes on the elliptical and 60 minutes on the treadmill. Things have changed.. lol. This morning while on the elliptical, ten minutes in and I was ready to throw in the towel.. I kept telling myself.. just go fifteen and you'll be okay. Well.. once I got to fifteen minutes I got into watching Regis and Kelly and happened to look down and saw I was at 17 minutes. I could have stopped there but I told myself, "What's three more minutes??" So, I pushed myself to get to 20 minutes. It felt good getting through that workout though there was no way I could have went 30.. not today anyway. I just wondered what little things some of you tell yourself to push yourself that extra mile, or that extra ten minutes to get you through.
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:51 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't tell myself anything, I try instead to "distract" myself. I'll do what you did, look down, feeling I can't go on, and I'll lose myself in my little handheld solitaire game or in a TV program or a good book while on my stair stepper or when doing a treadmill. If I look again and still have time to go, start a new game, chapter, whatever. Just need to take my mind off the clock.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I follow my heart rate--our machines have the built in pulse monitors that SOMETIMES work... And when they do, that's what I go by. I find that I don't feel like quitting if I stay in the range for my pulse. Also, there are TV monitors, so I look at them from time to time. But mostly it's that I don't get tired out and want to quit--if I stay in the range, I could go all day.

I also like to burn over 100 calories per workout--today I was up to 182 on the elliptical (30 minutes). So that means a nice entry in my chart!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #4  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I just tell myself that I can quit, if I like being fat. I'm kind of drill sarg on myself though, comes from growing up with 3 of 4 parental units being full time service members
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote