Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 03:19 PM   #1  
Seeking God's Gold

Question Oven fried chicken

I once had several wonderful recipes for oven fried chicken but over the years have lost them. Does anyone have a good recipe? I remember one used corn flakes but don't remember what else. Thanks so much for any help.

Thanks,
~Sherry~
Old 02-21-2002, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

Default Different Fried chicken

First of all, the diet version was to use a little mayo to get whichever crumbs you want to use to stick to the chicken.

I remember seeing people use diet margarine as well but lately I see many recipes using regular egg like it should be in my opinion as the first coating followed by either bread crumbs or any coating mix you want except for tempura mix which needs to be deep fried.

The trick for the chicken to "fry" is to either coat it on the skin or as in my case where I do not want the skin because of the fat and extra points, I will use a little bit of diet margarine out of the squeeze bottle like Fleischmann's brand which allows me to make wonderful chicken breasts that have Italian bread crumbs that are first cooked on a rack in the oven and then placed in a casserole dish where I put some good Italian tomato based sauced followed by some mozzarella cheese.

I then serve this over a good pasta and voi'la! You have one excellent dish. Who could ask for better?

I serve this with a big salad and broccoli with garlic oil and some more parmesan cheese.

I love it and so does the scale at weigh-in time!

Good luck,

Stacy
Old 05-01-2002, 07:51 AM   #3  

Thumbs down Oven Fried Chicken

Here is the easiest way I know of to make Oven Fried Chicken

For either 6 legs or 4 boneless breasts you need:
1 Cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 Cup water

For Breading:
1 Cup lightly crushed corn flakes (you want them crunchy!)
1 teaspoon creole seasoning (anything that is a mix of paprika/pepper would work)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon italian seasoning
Pepper and Salt to taste

Place the chicken in the bowl of water while you make the season mix - it will help the yogurt adhere for the next step.

Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Try not to crush the cornflakes to a powder - that sort of defeats the purpose of "crunchy".

Roll the chicken in Yogurt (ditch the water now) then roll in the corn flake mix.

Preheat the oven to 400/Spray a baking sheet with PAM

Cook about 35 mins - if it looks like it needs a bit more time for browning let it go another 10 mins but NOT longer than that.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:14 PM   #4  

How Many Points?
Old 05-09-2002, 06:03 PM   #5  

Smile WW Oven Fried Chicken.....

Hi...I'm still lurking & one day will make an entrance! I have some health problems to deal with & once they are settled I can put 100% into WW.
Here is a WW chicken recipe that I make all the time & it is delicious!!It is from the Weight Watcher's New Complete Cookbook.........

1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 pounds chicken pieces, skinned
4 teaspoons canola oil

-Preheat oven to 400*F; spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
In a large shallow bowl, combine the buttermilk and the pepper sauce.
On a sheet of wax paper, combine the crumbs, flour, salt and pepper.
Dip the chicken in the buttermilk, then dredge in the corn flake mixture coating completely.
Place chicken on the baking sheet,drizzle with the oil.
Bake 30 minutes, turn chicken over and bake 20 minutes longer or until cooked thru.
Per serving: 229 calories, 10gr. total fat, o gr. fiber, 11 gr. carb.
Points per serving: 5
Old 05-26-2002, 10:13 AM   #6  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Skinned....meaning no skin?.....how many chicken pieces is this about? I don't have a scale, and if you could give me an approx?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2002, 12:37 AM   #7  

Smile

Thanks for the recipe Carol!

Rachel
Closed Thread