South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #1  
Working for the Cruise!

Default Have to wonder how many times I will return.......

Hello all, and to some again!

I've returned, yet again. It's been a bumpy road for me. I closed a business that I stopped enjoying and went back to college. Now I'm a nanny by day, waitress by night in between 22 credits of classes. It's hectic, but I thrive on it. My DH is there when I need to crash for awhile.

I was here a few years ago, and at the time I was an avid poster. I think I posted more than I exercised! (Ladies, BAD IDEA ) Whatever weight I lost then, I have since gained. I haven't reached my max again yet, but it still isn't pretty.

I got married over the summer and now I'm in a wedding this June. I'm determined to get healthy by the cruise my family is taking next January.

Since November I've been on the exercise wagon. I started working out at Curves 4 times a week first. Then in January I added a Step Aerobics class (that doubles as my gym class) 3 days a week. I knocked Curves down to 3 days then. Finally, this month I've added the YMCA to my bag. I do the Nautilus circuit and eliptical and bikes there. Basically, I work out at Curves 2-3 times per week, Step class 3 times a week, and the Y 2-3 times per week. Wheew! It looks like a lot on screen, but remember, I'm a young'un at 22 and I'm feeling so much better.

However, I've noticed that though I'm gaining strength .....the trainer at the Y was actually impressed! I'm not losing inches. The finger must pointed at my eating habits I believe. My husband is a muscular toothpick and eats anything and everything. I know he'll pay for it later with cholesterol, but it's not helping me. I am quite sure I'm addicted to sugar again. I'll avoid it like the plague for a week and come running back. It's never in high dosages, but a little bit every day is keeping me hooked.

So, bottom line.....I'm ready to lose, but I'm totally afraid to diet again. I usually go nuts with the diet and crash. I did Gabe Mirkin before and lost 65 pounds back in the good old days. I've tried SB before, and it worked. I enjoyed it. Life caught up with me and I let it fall. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the SB wagon. I want to be, mainly because of the support I know I'll find here and the good food! I'm just scared of screwing up.

I wandered back over here looking for the egg crepe manicotti recipe. Found it! Funny that I crave so-called "diet food" eh?

Bear with me while I find my place here.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back! I certainly remember you. Take your time.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Sarah!!! Glad to read you...
My sister, Mama Jo and I both found that sugar is poison to us...one bite and we sink. so off with the sugar and get with the program and us...We are all here to support you.

Sounds like you have a real busy life with college and work and exercise... Good for you, but remember to stop, count to 3, take a deep breath and drink your water...Good luck.

Lu
Old 02-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

AdiaFaith, I remember you! I hope you'll be joining us again!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome back and wow, good for you with the exercising.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #6  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Welcome

Good for you that you are exercising. That's a great start.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sarah!!!!! So glad to see you again!

on the wedding...that's awesome! Can we see pictures??? Wow about all the jobs and school...you are amazing!!! What are you studying? Are you doing it online or doing Mansfield or something? I'm really interested in going back to school for graphic design...just a certificate, but the classes are at night and I've got so many commitments at night already.

Glad you're back...and thanks for inspiring me with your exercising! Which Curves/Y are you going to? (you can PM me) I'm at NY Sports and Fitness here in town...I like it a lot, but they just changed their scheduled classes and I haven't explored it yet.

I'm dying to try kickboxing, but the one class at my gym is on a night that I have commitments. Trying to find another place to take it...hoping a friend of mine will join me. She's really busy this week but hopefully we'll figure it out soon...

Glad you're here.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:04 AM   #8  

Sarah! Of course, I remember you. Welcome! I know I've been struggling a bit lately (my ticker is not accurate right now) and I'm using Lent to help me get back on track. Even if you don't stay on South Beach, hang around for the support.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #9  
Working for the Cruise!

Thanks to all for the welcome backs. I see a lot of familiar faces and I'm inspired! I'll post wedding pics and a small summary sometime....it was a hoot!

Just posting here last night really made my brain tick. I know that I need to get off the sugar addiction. It's going to be tougher this time around with the kiddo hanging about. He's Vegan, so his choices are limited to begin with. I don't give him sugar because it's sugar, but it is usually in a lot of the things he eats.

I'm giving myself a week to get things figured out. I know in the back of my mind that doing it halfway won't do anything......but, we'll see. Thanks again for the support.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Sarah....

I'm in the same boat as you as I just started back up again today! I was on here the same time you were. Since then, I've tried Nutrisystem and it worked...until I got completely sick of the food. So now I'm throwing my towel back down on the beach!

I've been very stressed out for the past several months. I have huge life changes taking place. I am a wedding planner and am still going strong with that. However, my other job that pays me a big part of my income is about to be finished. My family owns a business that is now for sale. I'm going to need to find something part time as I have to have most Fridays and Saturdays off for weddings and rehearsals. I think this has been the main cause of my weight gain over the past several months. I've put on 12 pounds. I'm sick of using stress as an excuse so hopefully I'm back on the beach for good!!!! I just have to re-learn what it is that I'm really supposed to eat. No more tacos....no more pizza....no more ice cream! The good news is that I've been maintaining going to the gym. I do Body Pump which I absolutely love 3 times a week and try to throw some cardio in!!!

I can't wait to be rid of this extra weight!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:10 PM   #11  

back Sarah!!

Congratulations on the wedding. Great to see you back- just hop on in!!
Closed Thread