South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:54 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking We Will Survive Wednesday!

Hey, Beachies!

Barb, I'm so sorry you are so busy! You are such an amazing woman! Hope you find great peace and happiness in Lent...the one I gave up chocolate was one of the most amazing revelations for me! I really learned a lot about myself that time. The odd thing? The only craving I had the whole time was for hot chocolate! I wish everyone a very blessed Lent, if you celebrate it.

DH has been out of town and gets back this morning. He took a red-eye, so I think I'll try to coerce him into taking a nap with me before he goes to work. We'll go to Ash Wednesday service at 5:30 and then have something vegetarian for dinner (I need to plan it!).

Our priest usually spends time the Sunday before Lent starts reminding us that you don't have to give something up for Lent...you could, instead, add something! So this Lent I'm going to make sure I check in with God every day...I was spending a half-hour praying and meditating every day last fall when I was going through a hard time, and it really centered me and gave me so much peace all day. I stopped doing it at some point and now it's been months. I'm going to start doing it again as my thing to add for Lent. I'm really looking forward to this...I even have a devotional from church that was written by C.S. Lewis. It should be fun. Last lent I gave up having a second carb each day...it was hard, but it really helped during the time. I think I might consider doing something like making sure I stick to my menu with no side eating. But I don't know...I'll need to think about it.

Hope everyone has a great day and that you find some wonderful vegetarian things to eat today if it's your day for that.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:53 AM   #2  

Mornin' all.

Can't stay too long so just a quick hello and to all!

Oh...and I'm down another two pounds
Old 02-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My computer crashed! I'm at the Clinic right now waiting to get something for this "cold" and will deal with the PC problem later. Don't worry if I'm not around.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks, it is beautiful and sunny here this morning and not so bitter cold, a perfect winter day. And I feel crappy, I decided that I can not face phase 1 one more time, so I am doing phase 2 and have added lots of fiber. Why is it when you do something good for your body it fights you I have the worse pain in my side and have not stopped going to the bathroom this morning. It will be worth it in the long run, I need to remember that this journey for me is about getting healthy, and not skinny.

Ruth- I hope you are feeling better soon and the Doc gives you something, the cold and flu are terrible around here right now, all the wee ones here have snotty noses and I can feel a head cold coming on as well. Hope you puter is easily fixed. Take care and have a great day.

annarenee- Good morning and hope you have a great day. on the two pound loss.

Beach- you really inspire me. What a great thing for lent to add something and praying and meditating is a wonderful thing. Hope you and hubby have a great nap

Well have to dash one of the wee ones needs me. I will be back later.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning girls...

I was up at 3:00 AM...think I might be getting excited about the cruise???

Beachgal...yes, quiet time is very important. DH and I read from several good authors (Including CS Lewis) every morning. I read a chapter out loud then he reads a chapter out of the Bible. Then we take turns each morning praying. We started this 'habit' when we were married three years ago...it's a great way to start the day. I admit when he's off working a few days I do not spend that much time like I do with him but a day without it truly makes a difference. I think it's a great idea to 'add' that special time with the Lord for Lent instead of denying yourself of something. Your Priest has the right idea I think. At least it gives you something to think about before making a commitment.

Anna - Congratulations of your 2lb loss!

Ruth - I pray the doctor helps you get past this flu/cold thing quickly...and your computer woes will be fixed tootsweet!

Littlechick - Too many sickies in your home...you need a break kiddo! I am in agreement with you...healthy not skinny is the goal.

I love you sis!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #6  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

HI Everyone!

Today Is Day one on Phase 2! Of Course it is Ash Wednesday too.. so I will be fasting... but I am excited to be moving on now!

THis last week I lost 4 pounds! WOO HOO! for a total of 7.5 pounds during Phase 1! WOO HOO!! I am so happy and proud!

I do have a question for you all though. I saw on the SB frendly products that Progresso Soups are friendly. Are they certain ones, or are most of them friendly. I loved the lentil soup and I will be checking labels... but I thought I would ask to see what you all eat!

I think I am going to add back an apple today. I havent had one in ohhhh almost 4 years.. and I really miss them!

Any how.. that is me.. I will check in later after I drop the kids off at school!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Morning SB Friends across the Nation:

Ruth: Sorry about the computer Break down...First your body and now this...You don't need double trouble.

If your coughing I hope your doctor gives you a perscription for what they used to call good old (GI Gin). Only cough meds that help me when I get a cough. Take care.

Anna: Good SB girl, you are really on a roll so honey keep rolling.

Lil Chick: Sorry about your illnesses in your house...What you and the rest of us need is some Sunshine, and warmth from it to cook our bones and burn off the germs...Hang in there little one, better days ahead...

Joy: Congrats on your good weight loss. I am one that didn't care for apples for years and years I would not eat them...but now, they taste so good...one a day...

As for me: I am now 7 lbs down for Feb...total since Jan 1st is 20 lbs...I am rolling along with Anna and Cottage...and Joy is joining us too....Come on girls! Lets roll!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone!! I haven't been around in awhile. I'm so stinking busy!! With planning a wedding (and dealing with family & friends' comments/expectations!), working (which I always work 9-10, rarely 8), and just basic stuff - laundry, cleaning, etc. I'm too tired to get on the computer.
Yeah, I know sounding like a victim - I'll stop.
The good news is I'm down a total of 18 lbs from Jan - woohoo!!
Ruthie - I hope you feel better ASAP.
Laurie - always great to read your post
everyone else - hope you have a great day!!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Soon, how did I miss that you are getting married??? Congratulations, girl! What fun!!!

Ruth, I'm so sorry about the cold and the computer. Darn thing!!! Can someone fix it for you or will you need a whole new one? You just take care of you and we'll hold down the fort until you return. Sending lots of healing prayers your way!

Mama, that sounds like a wonderful tradition with your hubby! Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on all your success, JoviMom! That's great!!! I think there are certain Progresso soups that are okay. Lentil is one of them, and I love it too! I think it works for Lent as well...
Old 02-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back online and I'll be darned if I know what the problem was. I unplugged and re-plugged a few things on my fancy-dancy console and am back in business. I just had a three hour nap which may have doen the trick.

The doc diagnosed bronchitis and gave me a prescription for anti-biotics and some samples of anti-cough meds. I sure hope this works as I hate being draggy! Lucy is still very quiet and has been doing a bit of whimpering so Hershy is having to do nursing duties for the two of us! Nurse Hersh.

Going back to bed for a while to read.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls, I'm just now getting around to checking in for today. It's been very busy, but I managed to squeeze in time for Curves and I've managed to stay totally OP all day! (Knowing it's Ash Wednesday helped.)
L.C., I'm with you, I just can't face another round of Phase 1. I'm doing a Phase 1 1/2, with only 1 starchy carb a day and 1 fruit. Good luck to both of us!
Beachgal, enjoy some special time with your DH today.
Anna, CONGRATS on the loss!!
Ruth, I hope your meds get rid of that bronchitis fast! I'm glad you found time for a nap today, it's just what you need.
Mamajok, I'm getting excited for you, too, going on that cruise, but we're sure going to miss you!
Lubajo, JoviMom and Soon, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!
I'm beat, it's early to bed for me tonight. I'll catch you all in the morning.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #12  

Hey gals..

Late check in for me and not a great day of eating. I need to get myself together!!

Laurie For Lent I am giving up "sleeping in". I am going to get up earlier and spend time in devotion. I am actually really looking forward to it and know it is the perfect way to start my day!!

Waving hi to everyone- I am too beat to respond to everyone which I hate, but I on my way to bed.....
Closed Thread