Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Pagan daily chat/check in Feb and March 2007

Whoops! Sorry everyone, I've been very busy this past week and forgot to start a new thread for this month.

I'm hoping to get back into my routines this week. I finished moving and setting up the office for my old job on Thursday and my new job starts on Monday.

So today I went out shopping to restock the fridge and pantry so I will have healthy food choices available for next week's lunches and dinners. And I'm taking some time to rechare so I will be up and ready to go on Monday.

How is everyone else doing these days?
Old 02-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #2  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

I went to the local pagan shop and got an actual tarot reading. It was interesting. Turns out I have a large connection with animals, I have hidden natural healing powers, and I have great untapped magical powers in me. So...I'm hoping I get the job at a vet's office that I want. Then I might see about persuing a career in the vet field. I have a book about healing yourself and a book about how to talk to animals. I figure it's a place to start.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like both of you are on new career paths. How wonderful! Congrats and good luck to both of you.

I am working on designing a loghome plan as well as researching financing, building codes, etc. Of course, along with that goes searching for the "perfect" location...

Lost 2 pounds since my last weigh in on 01/31! Need to focus more on the level 1 Somersizing. As I posted on another thread, I would be open to diet "buddies."
Old 02-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #4  

A log home, how cool! Good luck with finding a good spot. And congrats on the 2lb loss!

Blessedbe - that's a great idea for a career if that is where your interests and talents lie.

First two days at the new job went well but I am exhausted and my feet are killing me. I took a nice bath when I got home, ate leftover Superbowl chili and I'm off to bed after I sign off here.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:27 PM   #5  

A follow up to the above post - we have the location! A half-acre lot that will need to be subdivided off the front lot which is owned by my sister. I also drew up my first attempt at a log home plan yesterday and spent some time this morning "paring" down the square footage, lol. A girl can dream can't she? Anyway, it's down from over 4200 to a "measly" 3200, lol.

Had a diet "slip-up" yesterday as well - I bought chips at the grocery and ate approx. half a bag, then later on for some reason had some ice cream. The good news is - it kinda made me sick to my stomach so I'm back on track today.

Hope all is well with all of you!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #6  

That's great news!

I've been a bit scarce these days as I have started my new job - can't access the site from work.

So I have to drop by in the evenings.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #7  

Hello everyone if you are all still around - I hope so

been busy lately but have started a new project - drumming! I took my first Dhoumbek drumming class on Saturday and had a blast!

I'm trying to focus on clean eating this week and exercising.

I'm going to miss yoga this weekend as I have volunteered to work at a bazaar and then I will miss my dance class on Tuesday as I am going to a Josh Groban concert with my mum.

I will have do the stairs at work and takes walks at lunch time to try to balance things out.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #8  

Evening everyone!

Wow the week has just flown by. I'm doing well with food this week and getting some walking in even though it is bitter cold here.

I'm dreaming of spring and make plans for my garden.

How is everyone else doing lately?
Old 03-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #9  

I too am dreaming of spring. We keep getting "hints" of sunny weather, blue skies and daffodils and then (the next day sometimes) snow. I was able to get into the backyard this a.m. with the puppies for a while which was nice.

I am still working on fitting the much-needed exercise into my daily plan. I did get a pedometer as the Dr ordered. Haven't used it much yet though.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #10  

Hurray! I'm not the only one here, what a relief!

Hey, having dogs is a great way to get some exercise in. I'm sure you will be more inclined to go walking with them when the weather gets warmer.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #11  

I sincerely hope so! LOL...I'm not much for exercise but with a Fox Terrier and a Pomeranian I get exercise whether I want to or no.

And no, you are not the only one here...everyone is probably just busy.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

SPRING FEVER!!!! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it It also helps that my computer has been nicer to me lately So, I've just been playing catch up!
Spring is always so busy for us! Cleaning, celebrating (lots of April birthdays around here!) and getting outside I'm so excited My hubby will be getting ready to go back to work (construction) and we are anxiously waiting to get our bikes out. Most of our snow is gone, we just got it and it was fun while it was here, but ready for it to go! We were finally able to get out and go sledding and ice skating.......lots of snow and bareble temps, perfect combo
Old 03-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #13  

We still have snow but it's that icky part of winter where it is all dirty and muddy looking, not like the pretty white stuff. It is beginning to melt though and the temperatures are going to be milder this week until Saturday when they dip down again.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #14  

Maybe I shouldn't mention that we had 80 degrees here yesterday since some of you are still dealing with snow and cold temps, lol. It's supposed to be in the 80's here the rest of the week. Hee-hee, we even turned the AC on in the office yesterday. Maybe Spring has (finally) Sprung? We're not completely out of the Winter Woods yet though - Reno has been known to get snow storms all the way into May. I'm hopin' the weather stays nice at least thru saturday as we are hosting the first "official" BBQ of the season at our house. Expecting quite a few people - more than my house can hold, lol, so need to keep them "out"doors.

Hope all is well with everyone else.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:26 PM   #15  

Closed Thread